DUqatNMU0AAY0zc (resized).jpg
its-the-question-that-drives-us (resized).jpg
88AE3FA0-3F7B-414A-8662-138A0C881965 (resized).jpeg
JJP Gnr bent washers its so tight (resized).png
875C5AB0-E0D2-4012-8573-EA577737C833.gif
456YPs[1].gif
7D8675FB-D004-4D5D-A8BC-1BABA5ADA389 (resized).jpeg
e435b2970391f55d1f497e685c451c6c9c0fb493 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 20-21-26 1988 Williams Cyclone Pinball Populated Playfield Brand New In Factory Crate #435266767 (resized).png
stones010-1200x800 (resized).jpg
0F4A65F8-C032-4CAF-9183-16A5CBFEF626 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210613_181243__01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210613_181140__01 (resized).jpg
73D3F2CD-D436-4451-90CE-B1103B0004B3 (resized).jpeg
8586B3A7-15A2-4877-8567-6C79B340E5C6 (resized).jpeg
1B064AFB-7798-48EB-9D6A-82EBD91C2BC9 (resized).jpeg

There are 8906 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 179.
#8651 9 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They’ve already offered the buyback to at least one SE owner

Ahh kind of....apparently they mentioned it and then completely disappeared and never actually went through with the offer.

#8652 9 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It wasn't snark - it was reality. The 'give their money back' solution is not a admittance of fault - it is the most direct way to simply undo a business relationship and reset to zero.
The actual conversation was if buy-backs open them up to some other liability - they don't. You can simply say it is a way of appeasing an unsatisified (or unsatisfiable) customer. You give them their money back and part ways.
Your response added nothing to that conversation.

You don’t feel quoting the words “ fine please leave” as snark? As if the customer complaining is a pest? Interesting……

#8653 9 days ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

You don’t feel quoting the words “ fine please leave” as snark? As if the customer complaining is a pest? Interesting……

I’m getting confused. Whoever made the first snarky comment raise your hand

#8654 9 days ago

Any Mando playfield issues yet?

#8655 9 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Buyback?
More like bareback!!! Am I right?!?!

That's how it felt to me,!!!! For me you’re easy to love.

#8656 9 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Except for the fact that they've already admitted there's a problem by offering warranty play fields in the past.

or ... just offering compensation to address customer satisfaction.

or... addressing individual situations

Still a long way from directly acknowledging a faulty product/process.

We all know it... but from a business/legal perspective... still a lot of space between those points.

#8657 9 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They’ve already offered the buyback to at least one SE owner

And they offered it on my LE

#8658 9 days ago
19C01392-3FAB-4B11-B75B-76BD417D5FC9 (resized).png
#8659 9 days ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

And they offered it on my LE

Why didn't take the offer? Seems like a no brainer to me...get your money back and pick one up second hand in a year and save a few bucks

#8660 9 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why didn't take the offer? Seems like a no brainer to me...get your money back and pick one up second hand in a year and save a few bucks

I’m pretty sure he did. Let’s just say they aren’t exactly in a rush to resolve these issues over there.

#8661 9 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Because once someone says they’ll take them up on the buyback, radio silence from JJP

#8662 9 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not disagreeing, but it would be a terribly stupid move on JJP's part when they can probably get away with providing other remedies that are far cheaper.

Agreed.

#8663 9 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I took the buyback and told them i will just buy another, i was told by them on the phone, just because i buy another it doesn’t mean i will get one that doesn't have problems. Believe it or not. I was offered the buyback by phone feb 19th i was told jen would be in touch with me over the next couple of days. Then an email from barry engler on march 1st asking for an audits screen picture, i sent the picture and five days later this was the email i sent to barry. Good luck to all of you that have issues, I recommend charging back if you used a cc. It sucks but maybe if you stop payment the distributors will get angry andforce JJP TO make this right

#8664 8 days ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I took the buyback and told them i will just buy another, i was told by them on the phone, just because i buy another it doesn’t mean i will get one that doesn't have problems. Believe it or not. I was offered the buyback by phone feb 19th i was told jen would be in touch with me over the next couple of days. Then an email from barry engler on march 1st asking for an audits screen picture, i sent the picture and five days later this was the email i sent to barry. Good luck to all of you that have issues, I recommend charging back if you used a cc. It sucks but maybe if you stop payment the distributors will get angry andforce JJP TO make this right

Shocking treatment from JJP and unbelievable you’d go back to the same watering hole expecting different results with another GNR. GNR/JJP PFs are ticking time bombs. Not a matter of if, its more like when will the next one go bad too?

#8665 8 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Not a matter of if, its more like when will the next GNR playfield go bad ?

So now the game has changed to "hot potato" where people briefly play and then quickly sell GNR to someone else, and whoever owns the game when the playfield starts chipping is the loser?

#8666 8 days ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Thanks for the clarification....so they offered it to you, but when u took them up on the offer they disappeared .... now it all makes sense

#8667 8 days ago

I took the buyback for my LE. So it has happened. Not sure how many others went through with it though.

#8668 8 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

I took the buyback for my LE. So it has happened. Not sure how many others went through with it though.

How'd it go down...someone just come and pick it up as is?

#8669 8 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

These polls are BS. People need to be honest and while most are, something like this brings out the worst in the community. People that do not own a game vote, people that are pissed at JJP get their friends to vote that their game is shit and they are not even in the hobby.

Yes, relaying a problem someone has, is a problem lol. Do you know who voted that doesnt have a JJP game? If so, call them out.

#8670 8 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

Is the process complete have you returned the machine and gotten the funds?

#8671 8 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How'd it go down...someone just come and pick it up as is?

Quoted from Darscot:

Is the process complete have you returned the machine and gotten the funds?

My situation was probably easier due to my proximity. Im just a few hours away so brought my machine back and was refunded.

#8672 8 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

My situation was probably easier due to my proximity. Im just a few hours away so brought my machine back and was refunded.

Did you throw it through the window? https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7GLt/discount-tire-little-old-lady

#8673 8 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

We talked privately when we were both going through this, glad you got your refund. Did they inspect it while you waited?

#8674 8 days ago

I was too defeated about the whole thing to be honest. My first and probably last NIB purchase.

Quoted from Colehvac1:

We talked privately when we were both going through this, glad you got your refund. Did they inspect it while you waited?

No. Just grabbed it out my truck and wheeled it inside. Eric and company gave me a tour of the plant and then I left.

#8675 8 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

I was too defeated about the whole thing to be honest. My first and probably last NIB purchase.

No. Just grabbed it out my truck and wheeled it inside. Eric and company gave me a tour of the plant and then I left.

Kinda surprised you bringing it in didn’t spark any kind of discussion about it. I’m sure Eric’s hands are tied though.

#8676 8 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

You were very smart to get rid of JJP/GNR trouble. Kman rants and raves over GNR and Eric being greatest designer of all time, lol. Eric is okay, but he’s only designed 2 machines ever. First one nobody wanted till they stopped production at 1k. Second one looks good with all the lights, but seriously download the GNR manual from JJP. There is nothing in the game, except a box of lights, with some trinkets that do not interact with the ball. You could seriously spend $10 for GNR greatest hits and buy an elaborate LED/Laser light box that works to the music for $250 and your near the same experience and have zero PF problems, lol. GNR is way overrated by the Stern hate/JJP fanboys. GNR does not shoot very well either, so not sure what the attraction is all about, except the music of GNR and light show? Kman keeps saying he’ll not touch his GNRCE or talk about JJP ever again, till they fix PF issues. That alone is motivation for JJP to never fix the issues. Lol

#8677 8 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

You were very smart to get rid of JJP/GNR trouble. Kman rants and raves over GNR and Eric being greatest designer of all time, lol. Eric is okay, but he’s only designed 2 machines ever. First one nobody wanted till they stopped production at 1k. Second one looks good with all the lights, but seriously download the GNR manual from JJP. There is nothing in the game, except a box of lights, with some trinkets that do not interact with the ball. You could seriously spend $10 for GNR greatest hits and buy an elaborate LED/Laser light box that works to the music for $250 and your near the same experience and have zero PF problems, lol. GNR is way overrated by the Stern hate/JJP fanboys. GNR does not shoot very well either, so not sure what the attraction is all about, except the music of GNR and light show? Kman keeps saying he’ll not touch his GNRCE or talk about JJP ever again, till they fix PF issues. That alone is motivation for JJP to never fix the issues. Lol

I absolutely wanted to keep the game. If you look at my collection I dont own a single modern game outside of JJP. I've owned all their games and honestly wanted to keep all 6 in my collection. GNR broke me of that fantasy. That being said I truly hope they do find an answer and quickly as I feel they do make the most magical games in pinball and force Stern and the rest of the industry to compete and push the limit. We need that. We need JJP to keep innovating. Unfortunately their is a bleeding elephant in the room that needs addressed and customers (like myself) who need to know that the company we continually invest in also has our backs. I for one am rooting for a speedy and just resolution for all affected.

My 2 cents of course.

#8678 8 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

I absolutely wanted to keep the game. If you look at my collection I dont own a single modern game outside of JJP. I've owned all their games and honestly wanted to keep all 6 in my collection. GNR broke me of that fantasy. That being said I truly hope they do find an answer and quickly as I feel they do make the most magical games in pinball and force Stern and the rest of the industry to compete and push the limit. We need that. We need JJP to keep innovating. Unfortunately their is a bleeding elephant in the room that needs addressed and customers (like myself) who need to know that the company we continually invest in also has our backs. I for one am rooting for a speedy and just resolution for all affected.
My 2 cents of course.

Competition in the market place is always good.

#8679 8 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

but seriously download the GNR manual from JJP. There is nothing in the game, except a box of lights, with some trinkets that do not interact with the ball. Lol

You came up with all this from reading the manual? Makes sense. Yes the company has a serious issue that I truly hope they find a solution for but the game really is amazing and Eric Did do a spectacular job on it. You hate JJP, understood.

#8680 8 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You came up with all this from reading the manual? Makes sense. Yes the company has a serious issue that I truly hope they find a solution for but the game really is amazing and Eric Did do a spectacular job on it. You hate JJP, understood.

Glad you like your game! Lol, don’t hate JJP and wish them success. We need everyone in the “game” to keep it all interesting. Yes, take a good look at the manual of any pinball company and a great deal can be assessed. That is what they’re for, to understand what they put into the machine and fix future issues. It is completely understandable why Eric/JJP didn’t put mechs in the game, as they have had their fill of all the mechs that have failed in their past 5 games (well, WW didn’t have much in the way of ball interactive mechs either).

#8681 8 days ago

If JJP were smart, they would just stop GNR and move on to a new pin with a new Playfield mfg. it doesn’t sound like they’re going to do anything with GNR

#8682 7 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If JJP were smart, they would just stop GNR and move on to a new pin with a new Playfield mfg. it doesn’t sound like they’re going to do anything with GNR

They're in too deep. They're going to finish the run of gnr with shit playfields and let the chips fall where they may. Pathetic.

#8683 7 days ago

I got around to replacing all the metal washers with silicone washers this morning on my GnR SE. Take a look at this washer. There were 3 like this
I did notice some pooling around the posts that had washers with the indentation
B8F268C0-397B-4D55-B18D-4864E1A6989B (resized).png

#8684 7 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry. But for some of us there is no……….but………in this situation. There is no more significant defective issue to a pin than a bad playfield. It is truly the worst thing ever to happen in pinball. All of Eric’s hard work has been tarnished unfortunately.

#8685 7 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

My 2 cents of course.

Sounds like JJP treated you fantastically.

Glad you got your issue resolved to your satisfaction with them.

#8686 7 days ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Sorry. But for some of us there is no……….but………in this situation. There is no more significant defective issue to a pin than a bad playfield. It is truly the worst thing ever to happen in pinball. All of Eric’s hard work has been tarnished unfortunately.

Did anything I said have anything to do with my position on the playfield??? He was projecting his view of the game based on the manual. Has nothing to do with your argument.

#8687 7 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

My 2 cents of course.

Great post.

The games are really different and feels more thought-thru and there is no question eric and the team put their best effort into the games.
Bravo!

Jjp we know you make great games, but can you please drop mirco
(The pre-talk for the next title will not be is it toy-story? Is it pat? Are the assets there?
The pre talk will be, is it mirco?)

Also fix the flipper fatigue.

#8688 7 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like JJP treated you fantastically.
Glad you got your issue resolved to your satisfaction with them.

My distributor treated me fantastically. I would still not have resolution without him getting involved. Incredibly grateful I didnt buy direct as this would have totally pushed me out of the hobby. Im grateful for the resolution I received, dont get me wrong, but I wanted to keep the game. Returning it was the only viable choice I had.

#8689 7 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

My distributor treated me fantastically. I would still not have resolution without him getting involved. Incredibly grateful I didnt buy direct as this would have totally pushed me out of the hobby. Im grateful for the resolution I received, dont get me wrong, but I wanted to keep the game. Returning it was the only viable choice I had.

Good to see the distributor do his/her job

It’s such a great game. Maybe you’ll get another one later

#8690 7 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I really hope so. Id like to try again when things get resolved. Most beautiful game I've ever owned.

#8691 7 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow iceman with the his/her exception?

The wokeman cometh!

#8692 7 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow iceman with the his/her exception?
The wokeman cometh!

Thanks Iceman & Icewoman

#8693 7 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Thanks Iceman & Icewoman

Who is “ice woman”. Can’t see it. Lol

Pics coming right up

#8694 7 days ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Shocking treatment from JJP and unbelievable you’d go back to the same watering hole expecting different results with another GNR. GNR/JJP PFs are ticking time bombs. Not a matter of if, its more like when will the next one go bad too?

Go away Gary Jr.

#8695 7 days ago

Per request. Jan 21 born date

9D46519F-ED76-4E1B-839F-CD27C44955F9 (resized).jpegCFADB6DE-FDCE-4E61-8A2D-3E31F680F7B8 (resized).jpeg
#8696 7 days ago

There’s your solution to these playfield issues folks!

Just take terrible, blurry photos in the dark and all playfields look awesome!

#8697 7 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Go away Gary Jr.

Take a hike Jack Jr. and quit speaking about dad that way!

#8698 7 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Per request. Jan 21 born date [quoted image][quoted image]

So you took photos from part of your PF that doesn’t have any issues yet and is not the posts load areas people are having problems with? Lol Slings and post load points would reveal more?

#8699 7 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did anything I said have anything to do with my position on the playfield??? He was projecting his view of the game based on the manual. Has nothing to do with your argument.

You misunderstood me. Was giving my view from both the manual and game play. The manual reveals that there are no mechs in the game. Understand why JJP has stopped putting mechs in their games with countless troubles from their games that actually do have mechs, like DI and POTC (well they removed 2 of the most interesting mechs from POTC before launch, they were so problematic). Actual gameplay reveals the layout doesn’t shoot very well. Both add to my view on GNR, as being quite a boring game with not much else going on other than a box of lights and some good music.

#8700 7 days ago

You need to replace those metal washers ASAP

There are 8906 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 179.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside