IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 185.
#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He has posted those same pics multiple times and possibly already sold the game.

Also posted on FB. JJP offered to buy back the game at full purchase price. I am not too sure what is going on there.

#8002 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

He has posted those same pics multiple times and possibly already sold the

He has posted those same pics multiple times and possibly already sold the game.

So officially my game is sold! It was picked up and paid for, i will now get back to enjoying pinball. This was my first JJP game and a dream theme, unfortunately the game has many issues beyond just the playfield chipping, i fixed all the mechanical issues and never complained, but the playfield chipping is not acceptable, and the new company policy of not replacing defective playfields with a new playfield, but instead offering to buy back the game defies all logic.

#8003 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

but instead offering to buy back the game defies all logic.

I would define that as a bold company move personally.

#8004 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would define that as a bold company move personally.

Or they plan on touching up the playfield and reselling as a refurb with blemishes. Probably will take less of a hit financially.

#8005 3 years ago

I don’t see the issue here. They offered you your money back. Are you upset because this was a version you couldn’t get a replacement for? There is something very weird about your whole story and how your presenting it. This thread is bad enough with the endless fanboys denying real issues. It seems like you just trying to troll them and muddy the waters. That same picture is everywhere and I have no idea what your motivation or goal is.

#8006 3 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Or they plan on touching up the playfield and reselling as a refurb with blemishes. Probably will take less of a hit financially.

They will likely make money. Put a new PF in there, and charge the new price of 1K more than original.

#8007 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don’t see the issue here. They offered you your money back. Are you upset because this was a version you couldn’t get a replacement for? There is something very weird about your whole story and how your presenting it. This thread is bad enough with the endless fanboys denying real issues. It seems like you just trying to troll them and muddy the waters. That same picture is everywhere and I have no idea what your motivation or goal is.

My story is i paid 9650 for a pinball machine, within 100 plays my playfield started to chip. My game was registered, i filled out a online service ticket, i was asked for more pics, then for serial number then for playfield serial number, then more pictures and about details that were already on the service ticket. Jersey jack pinball has decided that playfields are no longer being offered for damaged playfields in games, instead you get washers. They offered to buyback the game at 9650 after the price was raised on their end to 10,650. Ive supported JJP from the beginning, i felt i should have been treated better, i wasnt, so i wanted to show the damage and let others know what potentially they could be in for, its over now, i sold the game, i only lost the 150.00 for shipping and im happy now to be done with it. Im not the only one this has happened too, there are at least 10 others having the same issue, a couple have also sold their games, the others are staying quiet for fear of exactly what has been happening to me, thing is im not afraid of keyboard bullies, and i want others to know. Hope that clears it up for you.

#8008 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

My story is i paid 9650 for a pinball machine, within 100 plays my playfield started to chip. My game was registered, i filled out a online service ticket, i was asked for more pics, then for serial number then for playfield serial number, then more pictures and about details that were already on the service ticket. Jersey jack pinball has decided that playfields are no longer being offered for damaged playfields in games, instead you get washers. They offered to buyback the game at 9650 after the price was raised on their end to 10,650. Ive supported JJP from the beginning, i felt i should have been treated better, i wasnt, so i wanted to show the damage and let others know what potentially they could be in for, its over now, i sold the game, i only lost the 150.00 for shipping and im happy now to be done with it. Im not the only one this has happened too, there are at least 10 others having the same issue, a couple have also sold their games, the others are staying quiet for fear of exactly what has been happening to me, thing is im not afraid of keyboard bullies, and i want others to know. Hope that clears it up for you.

Ok it would have been a hell of a lot easier to understand if you started with this. I understand it's not an ideal solution for you but I think it's acceptable.

#8009 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Ok it would have been a hell of a lot easier to understand if you started with this. I understand it's not an ideal solution for you but I think it's acceptable.

I never wanted to sell the game, so a buyback meant nothing to me, as a collector i wanted what i paid for and felt I deserved, you will notice i have deleted the threads I started on FB and will no longer waste anymore negative energy on this. I really dont know what yelobirds issue is with me, but thanks for going out of your way to discredit me. I installed some of your mods for a customer of mine in a bm66, he was upset with some of them, i made them work and fit with a smile instead of bashing you. You’re welcome!

#8010 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

My story is i paid 9650 for a pinball machine, within 100 plays my playfield started to chip...

...Im not the only one this has happened too, there are at least 10 others having the same issue, a couple have also sold their games, the others are staying quiet for fear of exactly what has been happening to me...

Mirco is a disaster with these non-stop pooling, chipping playfields.

JJP really needs to get out of that abusive relationship and take another look at Bader. They seem to have gotten their act together with Spooky PFs with no issues I know of since TNA, which is a LOT longer than the time between seemingly non-stop Mirco issues.

#8011 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I never wanted to sell the game, so a buyback meant nothing to me, as a collector i wanted what i paid for and felt I deserved, you will notice i have deleted the threads I started on FB and will no longer waste anymore negative energy on this. I really dont know what yelobirds issue is with me, but thanks for going out of your way to discredit me. I installed some of your mods for a customer of mine in a bm66, he was upset with some of them, i made them work and fit with a smile instead of bashing you. You’re welcome!

As a collector I understand your point of view and it does suck that you did not get what you paid for. It was just confusing in the context of this thread it's so hard to understand what level of screwed people are getting. I thought this whole no more playfields meant people were getting royally screwed and told to take a hike with no compensation. There is a big difference between that and no playfield but here is your money back. Yes you got screwed and it sucks I can understand your anger. I'm not saying anyone intentionally is misleading anyone but I thought you got screwed way worse than you did. How do we keep track of who is getting their money back, getting a blank playfield, getting a populated, and if people are getting royally fucked and getting nothing?

P.S. I'm not asking you personally just Pinside in general.

#8012 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Nobody enjoys being the guinea pig.

I’m surprised you took the risk you might have fared better with another Stern.By the way my distributor stood by me and got me a new game.

#8013 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Not sure where or how you felt I was discrediting you but sorry if that’s your impression. I simply said I was impressed they offered to buy the game back as I have personally Never seen that done. You had a legitimate issue and I’m glad you found a resolution.

#8014 3 years ago

Fiber washer + metal washer = enjoy game and hope it works

5135FF46-C631-4610-BC6D-68280DE0BAC0 (resized).jpeg5135FF46-C631-4610-BC6D-68280DE0BAC0 (resized).jpeg809A567E-7856-4739-BC80-614E4CCC87EB (resized).jpeg809A567E-7856-4739-BC80-614E4CCC87EB (resized).jpeg
#8015 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't be surprised when a ball sneaks in under that sling rubber.

#8016 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

There is a big difference between that and no playfield but here is your money back.

I agree, as long as they are consistently offering to buy these messed up games back. If they are only doing it to a select few, I don’t see it as a very good thing.

#8017 3 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

(Not mine, was pasted on FB this morning)

link please?

#8018 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't be surprised when a ball sneaks in under that sling rubber.

I figured thin fiber under the washer wouldn’t raise it too much. JJP used washers directly to the playfield on my last one, which seemed to work. This is an earlier run before that modification. If too high, will try the fiber alone.

#8019 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure where or how you felt I was discrediting you but sorry if that’s your impression. I simply said I was impressed they offered to buy the game back as I have personally Never seen that done. You had a legitimate issue and I’m glad you found a resolution.

Spooky did it with lock-gate on ACNC

#8020 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I figured thin fiber under the washer wouldn’t raise it too much. JJP used washers directly to the playfield on my last one, which seemed to work. This is an earlier run before that modification. If too high, will try the fiber alone.

Sand down the bottom of the post, removing as much material as the thickness of both washers combined.

120g sandpaper makes for very quick removal - so don't go too far.

Post are cheap, don't worry about cutting them down.

#8021 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Washers look a bit ass though ... My JP (early run) came with washers factory, I cringe when I look at them.

How about painting the washers black or to match the playfield, so you don’t see them?

And yeah, as Vid says, sand a couple of mm off the bottom of the posts.

rd

#8022 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How about painting the washers black or to match the playfield, so you don’t see them?

For Pirates of the Caribbean, I'd want to drill through a gold doubloon instead of a washer

I mean, at least try to class the joint up a little....

istockphoto-184884354-1024x1024 (resized).jpgistockphoto-184884354-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
#8023 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Washers look a bit ass though ... My JP (early run) came with washers factory, I cringe when I look at them.

For Guns N Roses, you could drill a hole in some guitar picks and not have it look so crappy
716ADfXxd5L._AC_SX425_ (resized).jpg716ADfXxd5L._AC_SX425_ (resized).jpg

#8024 3 years ago
51eDdiQm8zL._AC_SS450_ (resized).jpg51eDdiQm8zL._AC_SS450_ (resized).jpgs-l225 (resized).jpgs-l225 (resized).jpg
#8025 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sand down the bottom of the post, removing as much material as the thickness of both washers combined.
120g sandpaper makes for very quick removal - so don't go too far.
Post are cheap, don't worry about cutting them down.

Thanks, Vid!

#8026 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I mean, at least try to class the joint up a little....

Yeah.

To me, as a “long termer”, when I look at factory washers on a playfield, that just means somethings f**ked up. They shouldn’t be there.

rd

#8027 3 years ago

washer are everywhere in a 90s game, what is wrong with just using washer. Use a washer, play, enjoy your life... life is short. You will die and that Efffin machine will still be kicking around. Enjoy it. The game is forever but you are not. Play more.

Good night.

#8028 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

washer are everywhere in a 90s game, what is wrong with just using washer. Use a washer, play, enjoy your life... life is short. You will die and that Efffin machine will still be kicking around. Enjoy it. The game is forever but you are not. Play more.
Good night.

Can you please paypal me $2000?

#8029 3 years ago

washer are everywhere in a 90s game, what is wrong with just using washer

I’ve owned 100+ 90s games, I’ve never seen one with a washer on the playfield hiding damage/wear that shouldn’t have been there when the machine was new ....

Hey, I sorta agree with you, I don’t sweat the little things on my games, I have them to play them. Very few of my games are “trailer queens”.

But buying an expensive brand new item, and it having a faulty playfield and nobody wants to warranty it ... well, that’s not on.

Shouldn’t be happening.

rd

#8030 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve owned 100+ 90s games, I’ve never seen one with a washer on the playfield hiding damage/wear that shouldn’t have been there when the machine was new ....
Hey, I sorta agree with you, I don’t sweat the little things on my games, I have them to play them. Very few of my games are “trailer queens”.
But buying an expensive brand new item, and it having a faulty playfield and nobody wants to warranty it ... well, that’s not on.
Shouldn’t be happening.
rd

never mentioned to used it to hide wear. Washers are used regardless.

I agree with you on the rest.

3 weeks later
#8031 3 years ago

Was on location today, amazed at the dimples on LZ compared to old stern titles like iron man
I wish they could get the old Pf quality back

#8032 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Was on location today, amazed at the dimples on LZ compared to old stern titles like iron man
I wish they could get the old Pf quality back

lol - please stop... get an iron man new in box, play 1800 balls the report back if you see dimples or not. Then report back in 3000 games.

#8033 3 years ago

lol - please stop... get an iron man new in box, play 1800 balls the report back if you see dimples or not. Then report back in 3000 games.

lol - then report back on 4000 games on chipping, wrinkles, craters....

Can’t deny new growth wood, clearcoats, printing process, etc have changed. I know Stern is facing cost increases vs higher quality playfields.

Here is great video to watch what smaller run manufacturers are able to provide:

https://m.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/videos/874644590025528/

Spooky is using a great playfield manufacturer too.

#8034 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

lol - then report back on 4000 games on chipping, wrinkles, craters....
Can’t deny new growth wood, clearcoats, etc have changed. I know Stern is facing cost increases vs higher quality playfields.
Here is great video to watch what smaller run manufacturers are able to provide:
https://m.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/videos/874644590025528/

I have 4,000 games played on my AIQ and there is no chipping, wrinkles or craters yet. I replace my balls after about 1,000 plays and Novus/Wax the PF every month and haven't had any issues.

Agreed, Spooky playfileds look amazing. Same with American pinball.

#8035 3 years ago

Only a matter of time before chipping starts... on at least a dozen posts... including upper pf. some are worse and a few better than images shown. Build Jan 21... bout 100 plays. Some post areas have already chipped

I must say recent sterns I've bought are quite solid... much improved and about as good as you can get with playfields these days. Still average... but better.

JJp... you can eat a tip truck full of dicks. What's the point of having an awesome game if the playfield is crap.
20210319_211025 (resized).jpg20210319_211025 (resized).jpg20210319_211056 (resized).jpg20210319_211056 (resized).jpg

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Bader was a disaster initially for JJP. Chunks of WoZ playfield coming off on their original run ECLEs. They've apparently gotten their act together in the years since and are turning out a more reliable product for Spooky now.

#8037 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I have 4,000 games played on my AIQ and there is no chipping, wrinkles or craters yet. I replace my balls after about 1,000 plays and Novus/Wax the PF every month and haven't had any issues.
Agreed, Spooky playfileds look amazing. Same with American pinball.

AIQ lane guides aren't digging in by antman? Or did you get a later run where Stern was installing washers from the factory to lift the guides up?

#8038 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Only a matter of time before chipping starts... on at least a dozen posts... including upper pf. some are worse and a few better than images shown. Build Jan 21... bout 100 plays. Some post areas have already chipped
I must say recent sterns I've bought are quite solid... much improved and about as good as you can get with playfields these days. Still average... but better.
JJp... you can eat a tip truck full of dicks. What's the point of having an awesome game if the playfield is crap.

This seems fraudulent!Truck full of dicks sounds like a personal problem in your mind?

#8039 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

So sorry to see this, I feel for you. What did your Distro say?

#8040 3 years ago

So many issues buying new games these days.

That said, most can be sorted out with time, knowledge and new parts - shouldn't be this way but it is what it is.

But defective playfields are just heart sink moments, as you can't do anything except request a spare playfield.

Sad to see GnR still got p/f issues.

#8041 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AIQ lane guides aren't digging in by antman? Or did you get a later run where Stern was installing washers from the factory to lift the guides up?

I find that Sterns only have issues on shorter ball guides, long ball guides have more posts and attachment points therefore they do not flex when the ball hit them.
Shorter ball guides have a little give, and because they are bolted down tightly, the added vibration when hit by the pinball makes the guide rub and scratch the clear coat.

in my 2 new sterns, have not had any major issues and if they exist, you can spot them in time if you pay attention and add a washer when/if needed.

#8042 3 years ago

Not sure that Star Wars ever had many playfield issues but I will add that my playfield looks great. Got my game 3/31/21 and have played about 150 games. Lots of multiballs. I have some very light dimpling that can be seen in certain light when looking for it (which we should expect). No pooling. Art work has been pulled back from posts vs original earlier runs. Clear coat looks great. Just thought I'd share my experience.

#8043 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Not sure that Star Wars ever had many playfield issues but I will add that my playfield looks great. Got my game 3/31/21 and have played about 150 games. Lots of multiballs. I have some very light dimpling that can be seen in certain light when looking for it (which we should expect). No pooling. Art work has been pulled back from posts vs original earlier runs. Clear coat looks great. Just thought I'd share my experience.

My SW playfield is one tough son of a bitch! The cabinet and playfield feel heavier then all the other Sterns ive had that are similar age. Nudging on SW takes alittle more force to move compared to every Stern ive owned the game feels so solid. My games got barely any dimples and i get lots of airballs that normally would leave craters but not SW. SW is Sterns version of JJP Hobbit when it comes to how solid the playfields are.

#8044 3 years ago

There was some bad Star Wars early on. I know for me that was the first pin that took dimpling to a whole new level. There was one on route and it was just a mushy mess.

#8045 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There was some slight digging from the ball guide, but I put a Cliffy there after about 1 week of play and haven't had any issues.

IMO, an investment in a Cliffy set a no-brainer for long term enjoyment and PF wear prevention.

I put a set on your IMDN Prem too which still plays like a dream BTW. Just need a JP to complete the Elwin trilogy.

#8046 3 years ago

Remember the great Insert Ghosting Panic of 2017?

Did that go away or do we just not care anymore?

#8047 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

There was some bad Star Wars early on. I know for me that was the first pin that took dimpling to a whole new level. There was one on route and it was just a mushy mess.

I had one of the very first SW pro at release. It ghosted on all the large mini wizard mode inserts. They definitely changed something between then and 3 years later because my Premium is rock solid.

#8048 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Only a matter of time before chipping starts on at least a dozen posts.

I must be lucky. I've made over three thousand posts here on Pinside and none of them have ever chipped.

#8049 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I must be lucky. I've made over three thousand posts here on Pinside and none of them have ever chipped.

DA233954-7399-4220-BD94-39BCE91D7A66.gifDA233954-7399-4220-BD94-39BCE91D7A66.gif
#8050 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember the great Insert Ghosting Panic of 2017?
Did that go away or do we just not care anymore?

It randomly went away like other playfield issues. When will it occur again? Who knows! That's the joy of spending $6k - $9k+ for a pinball machine from Stern or JJP in 2021, you have no idea what the playfield quality will be. Best bet is to buy a Stern LE (to avoid issues found on pros, Jurassic Park for example) and if buying a JJP wait 6 months to let the early issues be identified (first batch GNR's with chipping playfields).

By the way I played a GNR LE on location last week. Incredible game but the playfield was chipped at the sling posts, it's from the first batch of games shipped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 32.99
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/161?hl=thot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.