IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 185.
#7351 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or a joke I'm not getting. The idea that only those privileged enough to be able to be able to throw thousands around like its nothing should be allowed to play pinball is a whole new level of arrogance and elitism. Do you turn your nose to the peasants that drop money on location. The fucking snobbery here can be nauseating.

All I am saying is if you think the quality is no good, vote with your wallet and do not buy or play the game. Very simple and nothing to do with any of your insecurities.

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Big difference in playing them where I live ( $12 for an hour of free play, 26 pins) then shelling out 7-10 grand for Sterns lousy ass QC and the worst customer service in the pinball world.

Vote with your wallet. Do not buy or play any of these games. That is the best way to get on top of your issues.

#7353 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Vote with your wallet. Do not buy or play any of these games. That is the best way to get on top of your issues.

Thank you Doctor Phil

#7354 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Thank you Doctor Phil

I know he has really helped me identify I need some time to self reflect and deal with some insecurity.

#7355 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Thank you Doctor Phil

Pleasure. Anything to make people happier is a good thing!

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Pleasure. Anything to make people happier is a good thing!

How about this: Have a safe & happy holiday season to you

#7357 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or a joke I'm not getting. The idea that only those privileged enough to be able to be able to throw thousands around like its nothing should be allowed to play pinball is a whole new level of arrogance and elitism. Do you turn your nose to the peasants that drop money on location. The fucking snobbery here can be nauseating.

Yes we turn our noses up at you location players!Freakin peasants should be quiet and nauseated!

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

How about this: Have a safe & happy holiday season to you

Same to you my friend! Safe and happy holidays to you too, your family and friends.

#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes we turn our noses up at you location players!Freakin peasants should be quiet and nauseated!

You forgot this

#7360 3 years ago

I'm ready to take back my cautiously optimistic comments about Stern warranty and support. Still no word on when I can expect my playfield, and their support is really not helpful. They said it should have been ready in mid October. I guess when you have a huge backlog of orders, you're not too worried about past purchases.

#7361 3 years ago

captured from the led zep. promo video

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

captured from the led zep. promo video[quoted image]

That reminds me, the McRib is back too.

#7363 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

And the clearcoat on the McRib does not chip...

#7365 3 years ago

And a couple more (credit goes to @yoko2una).

Stern gives no fucks about making nice playfields anymore, they're putting the flaws right on the promo videos now.

aa4085c5c32b89199c9bb89c0025c0e11849af1e (resized).pngaa4085c5c32b89199c9bb89c0025c0e11849af1e (resized).pngd16a10fe29bfe6743c427ac28debeaa8f9998522 (resized).pngd16a10fe29bfe6743c427ac28debeaa8f9998522 (resized).png
#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

And a couple more (credit goes to yoko2una).
Stern gives no fucks about making nice playfields anymore, they're putting the flaws right on the promo videos now. [quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant move on Stern's part. Now they can claim that it's the intended condition.

#7367 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Parking Lot McRib is underrated.

IMG_5730 (resized).jpgIMG_5730 (resized).jpg
#7368 3 years ago

And people are still going to throw piles and piles of cash at them.

#7369 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

And people are still going to throw piles and piles of cash at them.

I think pooling has become the new norm for Stern and JJP deal with it or don't buy but bitching about the "new normal" is pointless

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, JJP has had issues but they are not trying to save money on coil stops of all things. Theres standard items you don't try and save money on when selling a $6k - $9k+ pin. Its not only embarrassing but insulting in my opinion to customers how Stern cheapens out on certain items.

On the first day of owning the machine, the ball got stuck. During the ball-check, I heard something medal fall inside the machine itself. After opening it up, I found this piece of metal and these 3 screws. I looked around for something obvious, but couldn't find anything. Machine seems to play fine, but I'd like to know where this stuff fell from.

Yes! The same thing happened to me with the same parts!

LOL from G&R thread

c469c66a42d91c44f6a80e753a78d1961543fc7c.png (resized).jpgc469c66a42d91c44f6a80e753a78d1961543fc7c.png (resized).jpg
#7371 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Stern gives no fucks about making nice playfields anymore, they're putting the flaws right on the promo videos now. [quoted image][quoted image]

And people will still buy.

#7372 3 years ago

They will keep buying Guns n Roses because the pin is a fucking masterpiece!!! LZ ????

#7373 3 years ago

the Houdini i've just bought is perfect, very similar to OF i owned before, and very far from what STERN is providing on their pins
but than, what is strange is that for OF it was a "Bader" playfield, and while i was thinking same manufacturer for Houdini, i'm surprised its from... "Mirco" !

#7374 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the Houdini i've just bought is perfect, very similar to OF i owned before, and very far from what STERN is providing on their pins
but than, what is strange is that for OF it was a "Bader" playfield, and while i was thinking same manufacturer for Houdini, i'm surprised its from... "Mirco" !

Yes, I am really considering a Hot Wheels now! My ACNC is still flawless as well after 14 months.

#7375 3 years ago

NIB Tmnt Pro just delivered. Build Date Oct 31. No pooling. No grainy artwork. Great looking playfield.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

NIB Tmnt Pro just delivered. Build Date Oct 31. No pooling. No grainy artwork. Great looking playfield.

Nice! That's 2 threats dodged! Hopefully the shooter lane doesn't start chipping in your first couple dozen games...

#7377 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nice! That's 2 threats dodged! Hopefully the shooter lane doesn't start chipping in your first couple dozen games...

Don't be an ass let the guy enjoy his game

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Don't be an ass let the guy enjoy his game

...I mean, it's kinda the point of this thread to talk about playfield issues, no?

#7379 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Hasn't started chipping. Was just posting to add to the data collection if that's still happening (not a stern fanboy).
My iron maiden pro (build date 2018) does have pooling and I've had to add a neoprene washer to cover up a chip near a post.

#7380 3 years ago
Quoted from Seirif:

To further guarantee your PF stays good, turn down your shooter lane eject power to minimum in the settings. Factory settings rocket them out as if it wants to pass the ball a few games down in your lineup. Within a few days I could feel, but not see the slightest indent that was going to form. Immediate settings change + Cliffy's for good measure.

#7381 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

...I mean, it's kinda the point of this thread to talk about playfield issues, no?

If he had made a comment about his own game I would not have spoken up but he shit on the mans 5th post.

#7382 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If he had made a comment about his own game I would not have spoken up but he shit on the mans 5th post.

He posted in this thread, I figured he was well aware of the potential issues and risks. Not like I'm PMing him after he posts in the Owner's Thread. I was sincerely happy for him.

I'm not one responsible for these issues, Stern is. Take it to them.

#7383 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

He posted in this thread, I figured he was well aware of the potential issues and risks. Not like I'm PMing him after he posts in the Owner's Thread. I was sincerely happy for him.
I'm not one responsible for these issues, Stern is. Take it to them.

I have taken it to them I did not buy an Aerosmith because of cabinets or a IRON Maiden because of playfields in that time I picked up a CGC and a routed Stern

#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

On the first day of owning the machine, the ball got stuck. During the ball-check, I heard something medal fall inside the machine itself. After opening it up, I found this piece of metal and these 3 screws. I looked around for something obvious, but couldn't find anything. Machine seems to play fine, but I'd like to know where this stuff fell from.
LOL from G&R thread
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to us, I called JJP and they said there is a kit they are sending out because the new hires didn't put it together all the way, It goes behind a coil on the left side, JJP is on it!!!

#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL from G&R thread
[quoted image]

Quoted from blkspiderman:

Same thing happened to us, I called JJP and they said there is a kit they are sending out because the new hires didn't put it together all the way, It goes behind a coil on the left side, JJP is on it!!!

Same thing to me but I heard the screw fall then my plate was about to fall out but the diverter on ramp has a spacer plate on the coil shaft I locktite it it's tight now.

#7386 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I have taken it to them I did not buy an Aerosmith because of cabinets or a IRON Maiden because of playfields in that time I picked up a CGC and a routed Stern

LOL GRAVITAR down votes me it I post a pro Stern comment and down votes me for a anti Stern comment what a tool

#7387 3 years ago

My #63 TNA, #156 Alice and #286 R&M are pristine.
Stern and JJP, need to drive up to Benton and talk to Charlie.
JJP seems to be trying to figure these issues out.
Stern does not, this photo looks like planking on thier promo film?

2d972414ea0847048ecad0af992ad7ba64aead2f.png (resized).png2d972414ea0847048ecad0af992ad7ba64aead2f.png (resized).png
#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

My #63 TNA, #156 Alice and #286 R&M are pristine.
Stern and JJP, need to drive up to Benton and talk to Charlie.
JJP seems to be trying to figure these issues out.
Stern does not, this photo looks like planking on thier promo film?
[quoted image]

LOL that is not planking. Planking is mostly seen on older games and is when over time the grain will lift up through the paint. The image you show the wood grain has not lifted you can call it what you will but it is not planking

#7389 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL that is not planking. Planking is mostly seen on older games and is when over time the grain will lift up through the paint. The image you show the wood grain has not lifted you can call it what you will but it is not planking

Ribbing....either way shit workmanship. However, when you produce that many playfields they have not figured out how to make all this work yet....

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ribbing....either way shit workmanship. However, when you produce that many playfields they have not figured out how to make all this work yet....

"Ribbing" that's the fun thing about pinball you can make up your own vocabulary

#7391 3 years ago

I mean honestly that "ribbing" will 100% not be visible from a playing/standing position. It's only visible in a certain light from a certain angle. I wouldn't say that it's inherently wrong or a defect. It's just the way Stern has their clear coats done now. People just haven't become accustomed to it.

I sometimes think people are getting a bit too into perfection with these toys. But if it bothers someone, well I guess that's Stern's problem then.

#7392 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

"Ribbing" that's the fun thing about pinball you can make up your own vocabulary

Don't mock. Some ladies find it pleasurable.

#7393 3 years ago

#7394 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I mean honestly that "ribbing" will 100% not be visible from a playing/standing position. It's only visible in a certain light from a certain angle. I wouldn't say that it's inherently wrong or a defect. It's just the way Stern has their clear coats done now. People just haven't become accustomed to it.
I sometimes think people are getting a bit too into perfection with these toys. But if it bothers someone, well I guess that's Stern's problem then.

Ribbing is about wood preparation/sanding. Has nothing to do with the clear coat, though the clear coat might amplify the effect, I guess.

People may be too demanding, but that's not really the point. For decades, out of the box ribbing was rare. Now, it's very common with Stern games in particular. I have many other new PF's with 0 ribbing.

#7395 3 years ago

Stern need to change the Grit on their drum sanding machine from 50 to 120.

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Stern need to change the Grit on their drum sanding machine from 50 to 120.

Yup.
Man inspect them - poor quality control

#7397 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

After seeing your effort with those close ups my advice would be to get yourself a life... and a new hobby. I don’t see a single issue worth complaining about in those close ups.

#7398 3 years ago

Thoughtful video on Stern quality/warranty and Spike shortcomings from a wise pinball dude. As someone who has had to purchase expensive node boards on modern Stern games with VERY LOW plays (in a home use only environment), this video struck a chord with me.

#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thoughtful video on Stern quality/warranty and Spike shortcomings from a wise pinball dude. As someone who has had to purchase expensive node boards on modern Stern games with VERY LOW plays (in a home use only environment), this video struck a chord with me.

He has an axe to grind - that's old stuff and has been discussed before in other threads. Stern is by no means perfect but this guy has an agenda.

#7400 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

He has an axe to grind - that's old stuff and has been discussed before in other threads. Stern is by no means perfect but this guy has an agenda.

Axe to grind or not, everything he is saying is true.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
6,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 21.50
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/148?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.