IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 185.
#7051 3 years ago

We have a new scandal. Can you see em? The area in front of the slingshot is the worst.

DSCN7301 (resized).JPGDSCN7301 (resized).JPG
#7052 3 years ago

Jesus! Odin that's terrible. Sell it.

#7053 3 years ago

I can't. I promised to keep it until my daughter and her husband get back from England. And he's an MP just starting his tour.

And I'm not done kicking it's ass yet. Or it mine.

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have a new scandal. Can you see em? The area in front of the slingshot is the worst.
[quoted image]

What are we raging about! I want to see lol!

#7055 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

What are we raging about! I want to see lol!

It's all there right in front of you. Do I need to move the light or use a telephoto lens?

#7056 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's all there right in front of you. Do I need to move the light or use a telephoto lens?

That ghosted insert looks horrible! Call a lawyer ASAP and take photos from all angles then bitch about it for 3 years, lol!

#7057 3 years ago

Ghosted? No, they are slightly frosted so noone goes blind from the whole game RGB show.

That's a question I've been meaning to ask though. What other games use RGB in all the GIs too?

#7058 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ghosted? No, they are slightly frosted so noone goes blind from the whole game RGB show.
That's a question I've been meaning to ask though. What other games use RGB in all the GIs too?

Woz, potc, wonka, g@r and I believe all American pinball pins use rgb in the gi along with some spooky pins.

#7059 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

can we have more of your memes and other useless posts?! thats just what this needs for folks to take the problem seriously.

#7060 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Stern MAY have this almost under control
AIQ buyers issues (myself included) seem to be isolated to ballguides being torqued into the PF buy an air gun on a hexnut under the PF. A few of us loosed a couple areas of concern and lifted the guides using a small fiber washer.
Many of us agree the JP premiums/TMNT/AIQs playfields are off good quality so far. Dimples are extremely minor, if the wood was junk that may not be the case. Posts look fine.
So if you don’t have a chipped shooter lane, torqued guides, you should be good. There are signs Stern is trying to get this under control. Cabinets are more robust, coil stops seem to be improved-overall, including the playfield the games are evolving slightly (can’t say “improved” because some of the mechs are still faulty)

Not true. My JP premium has pooling at ball guides. Built June 2020.

#7061 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7062 3 years ago

I want a stern JP or Avengers iq.
And that would be my first new in box Stern.
But then i have to sell something first.
If it happens ill take apart the whole machine and make shure its hammer proof, dimple proof, and chipping proof. Than ill beat the hell out of it day after day just like my homebrew machines.

#7063 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can we have more of your memes and other useless posts?! thats just what this needs for folks to take the problem seriously.

I'll be hooking you up soon enough, my friend. When lightning strikes my imaginative mind, I'm sure you'll be one of the first ones to know.

#7064 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll be hooking you up soon enough, my friend. When lightning strikes my imaginative mind, I'm sure you'll be one of the first ones to know.

Hooking up with some one means something different in the uk....

#7065 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Stern MAY have this almost under control
AIQ buyers issues (myself included) seem to be isolated to ballguides being torqued into the PF buy an air gun on a hexnut under the PF. A few of us loosed a couple areas of concern and lifted the guides using a small fiber washer.
Many of us agree the JP premiums/TMNT/AIQs playfields are off good quality so far. Dimples are extremely minor, if the wood was junk that may not be the case. Posts look fine.
So if you don’t have a chipped shooter lane, torqued guides, you should be good. There are signs Stern is trying to get this under control. Cabinets are more robust, coil stops seem to be improved-overall, including the playfield the games are evolving slightly (can’t say “improved” because some of the mechs are still faulty)

I agree. My last 3 Sterns (2 JJP Premiums and 1 AIQ Pro) have gorgeous PF's. The clear on the AIQ is glossy/beautiful and even though it only has 70 plays, no dimpling that I can see.

#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Hooking up with some one means something different in the uk....

Same in the USA.

"Hooking you up" not the same meaning as "Hooking up with you".

#7067 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. My last 3 Sterns (2 JJP Premiums and 1 AIQ Pro) have gorgeous PF's. The clear on the AIQ is glossy/beautiful and even though it only has 70 plays, no dimpling that I can see.

How about some closeup pics around the slings? I would like to see this.

#7068 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

How about some closeup pics around the slings? I would like to see this.

Why would I waste time taking/posting photos if there is "nothing to see"? Trust me. I've been a Stern NIB customer since 2004.

#7069 3 years ago

I think it’s the inverse of “pics or it didn’t happen”

#7070 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Similar to the GnR threads. Someone says they got a GnR without pooling, and now people want to see pics as proof. I don't think I've seen any GnR pics without pooling yet.

#7071 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Well,I am a long time fisherman so......

#7072 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Similar to the GnR threads. Someone says they got a GnR without pooling, and now people want to see pics as proof. I don't think I've seen any GnR pics without pooling yet.

Here you go

07DA615F-F9A5-4B10-8BFC-757D187A54FC (resized).jpeg07DA615F-F9A5-4B10-8BFC-757D187A54FC (resized).jpeg4FFC6438-D68E-4094-8853-581F319DD8CF (resized).jpeg4FFC6438-D68E-4094-8853-581F319DD8CF (resized).jpegB6EE0C43-C4B7-4853-89D0-0E9B3CE9565A (resized).jpegB6EE0C43-C4B7-4853-89D0-0E9B3CE9565A (resized).jpeg
#7073 3 years ago

Is this Spooky’ way of putting the dagger in a little deeper for JJP and Stern?

#7074 3 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Here you go[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WE GOT ONE!!!

#7075 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Genius!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7076 3 years ago

Just for the love of god don't play it to keep it from pooling.

#7077 3 years ago

Post is in GnR thread

#7078 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Very cool.

Also a dig at Haggis and Deeproot hammer tests. One better....the slasher test.

#7079 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#7080 3 years ago

I can live with a little pooling, but even minor chipping like that is totally unacceptable. If it looks like that now, who knows what it will look like in a year? Or five years?

#7081 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I can live with a little pooling, but even minor chipping like that is totally unacceptable. If it looks like that now, who knows what it will look like in a year? Or five years?

Looks the same as POTC chipping, which is now into 2 years old. I don't know of any POTC that has spread beyond the wider posts or cliffys on scoops, do you?

#7082 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Looks the same as POTC chipping, which is now into 2 years old. I don't know of any POTC that has spread beyond the wider posts or cliffys on scoops, do you?

Looking at a heavily played Iron Maiden on location the other day I saw chipping around a lot of posts, but no it didn't spread out beyond where the pooling effect might have been previously. I would assume the jjp games are the same. But who knows?

#7083 3 years ago

I've gotten rid of all chipping playfield games at this point, mostly because I was tired of them rather than the playfield issue itself. But I didn't like having to think about it--getting a backup JJPOTCLE playfield, request another JJPOTCCE playfield, protecting a BM66. So this looks like a pause for me on GnR until this is sorted out. My other Mirco playfield is Lebowski, and it looks fantastic. When you look at my 27 year old TZ, and it is perfect, this really shouldn't be happening. Interestingly, my JP2Pre is exceptional, no issues at all, recent build.

#7084 3 years ago

After all these problems, I still don't know why they don't put a 'smaller' washer or something under the posts. So the problem is that the posts dig into the playfield, and a big washer just makes the issue bigger sometimes. A smaller one would keep the issue under the post and out of view...if there was any pooling, you wouldn't see it at least.

#7085 3 years ago

When Stern or JJP send a replacement playfield how many people are capable of doing a swap?

We always see people selling their spare playfield and selling game as-is.

It is wrong of manufacturers to send an unpopulated replacement playfield. Should be a swap of populated PF's.

If You had Your dashboard warp on a Car that was under warranty Manufacturer wouldn't ship You a dashboard and have You replace it Yourself.

Very labor intensive to do a swap and You really need a rotisserie and a lot of pics with camera!!!

I'm not capable and never was!

#7086 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Jesus Christ, you're actually okay with this?

I mean, yeah, it probably won't grow, but is that now the new high water mark we are aiming for? Chipping, but thank goodness it's only near the slings?

#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Jesus Christ, you're actually okay with this?

Not saying that, just saying "OMG what will it look like in a year" is something we can reasonably predict right now by looking at past history.
POTCs with 10k plays and 2 years of use are out in the wild.

I personally haven't seen one that has spread beyond the wider replacement posts or the cliffys yet. Has anyone? Open question.

#7088 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Well most people post negative shit, but that being said I've seen a few with zero pooling....its clearly evident that play field quality is all over the map (Stern or JJP)

#7089 3 years ago

Bottom line, chipping like this by posts is totally unacceptable.

We put up with a lot of QC issues in pinball, but other than a new playfield, not a lot you can do.

I won't be a GNR buyer until I see evidence that they have solved the issue.

Also won't buy NIB Stern either as if you are unlucky on the lucky dip and get a ribbed playfield, nothing you can do except suck it up.

#7090 3 years ago

I have a 140 play RFM , that has dimples!

#7091 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

When Stern or JJP send a replacement playfield how many people are capable of doing a swap?
We always see people selling their spare playfield and selling game as-is.
It is wrong of manufacturers to send an unpopulated replacement playfield. Should be a swap of populated PF's.
If You had Your dashboard warp on a Car that was under warranty Manufacturer wouldn't ship You a dashboard and have You replace it Yourself.
Very labor intensive to do a swap and You really need a rotisserie and a lot of pics with camera!!!
I'm not capable and never was!

Couldn't agree more. Unpopulated PF's are a waste.

When the problems are severe enough (and I know that is subjective), Stern does send out populated PF's. I received one for my AC/DC Premium.

JJP offered me an unpopulated PF for some chipping and I said just send me a topper instead...at least I will use it!

#7092 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Bottom line, chipping like this by posts is totally unacceptable.
We put up with a lot of QC issues in pinball, but other than a new playfield, not a lot you can do.
I won't be a GNR buyer until I see evidence that they have solved the issue.
Also won't buy NIB Stern either as if you are unlucky on the lucky dip and get a ribbed playfield, nothing you can do except suck it up.

That’s all Stern wants. Suck it up and buy the next release.

#7093 3 years ago

Took delivery of a JP pro today...born on August 25 of this year. No playfield issues that I can see so far. Did have a node 1 issue out of the box, wound up finding a pin just barely out of socket on one plug on the MPU. Easy fix.

#7094 3 years ago

Stern and jjp should be offering an option of blank replacement Playfield with no clearcoat at all on them. It's a win-win because they save money for not clearcoating and the customer gets to choose who and how it gets clearcoated by. I'd rather have a clearcoat done by Ron Kruzman or Captain Neo than even the best Factory clearcoat.

#7095 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ergo, Capitalism sucks.

Without capitalism, you would not have pinball lol Jesus H Christ. You see many HUO pinballs machines in Venezuela?

#7096 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just that gets my applause. Other coast they won't even let us go bowling. And pinball ops are selling what they've got just to pay rent or eat.

Wonder who they chose to represent them in office?

#7097 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Without capitalism, you would not have pinball lol Jesus H Christ. You see many HUO pinballs machines in Venezuela?

We are becoming just like that place.

#7098 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Stern and jjp should be offering an option of blank replacement Playfield with no clearcoat at all on them. It's a win-win because they save money for not clearcoating and the customer gets to choose who and how it gets clearcoated by. I'd rather have a clearcoat done by Ron Kruzman or Captain Neo than even the best Factory clearcoat.

Good playfield peoppe can work with a new Stern or JJP playfield with the original clearcoat. They just rub it back and apply a nice coat or three over the top.

#7099 3 years ago

Just noticed this rail in my JP has dug into the playfield and turned up the surface. My playfield has other issues and Stern has promised to send me another one when they have them. I actually hadn't even noticed this though as it's by the tower on the other side of the raptor pen.

20201102_193228 (resized).jpg20201102_193228 (resized).jpg
#7100 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Just noticed this rail in my JP has dug into the playfield and turned up the surface. My playfield has other issues and Stern has promised to send me another one when they have them. I actually hadn't even noticed this though as it's by the tower on the other side of the raptor pen.
[quoted image]

That is the exact place that mine is damaged. My replacement populated playfield. It is gorgeous everywhere else, but that rail is dug into the the playfield. Took 14 months to get the replacement. If they would pay careful attention to the known problem spots, this could be avoided.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.