IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 185.
#6253 3 years ago

That's a 9 month old post, just saying.

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

That's a 9 month old post, just saying.

I know they had problems before with TNA but corrected it.

#6255 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is it right here. This site is such a tiny percentage of pinball buyers.

I agree and because we do the majority of the complaining, the manufacturers blame Pinside.

#6256 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I agree and because we do the majority of the complaining, the manufacturers blame Pinside.

They know it’s their own fault.
Instead of making a video with Steve Richie telling us how all of the bs quality issues are normal, pull your heads out of your asses and fix them.

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

They know it’s their own fault.
Instead of making a video with Steve Richie telling us how all of the bs quality issues are normal, pull your head out of your asses and fix them.

I can guarantee you they read these threads and know all about these issues. The reality is they simply don't care as sales are steady. I'm sure they've sat around a table and analyzed all the data and came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if some customers aren't happy with their shitty quality....I'm sure management is trying to squeak out every cent in profit so they can sell the company....Gary's isn't getting any younger and I'm sure he's looking for an exit.

#6258 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

It was one of my first games and I didn't think anything of it as it didn't affect the game at all, so I didn't take any pictures to specifically show it. I did find a picture I had that shows a portion of it.
For reference:
[quoted image]

That's pretty much how my stern potc looks can't see it in well lit situations but when it's dark it's very visible. Can't feel it on the playfield and the machine plays great.

#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If i looked close

Pinball is not for you walk away

3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

That being said it didn't bother me. The playfield held together well for being a routed game for the majority of it's life to that point. Only the usual wear spots in the shooter lane and I&S hole.

Just Ignore the ignorant whiny little piss ants

#6261 3 years ago

Has anyone ever had a piece of clear break off in this scenario?

E5737897-75B8-42CE-8623-FB34EDD741D2 (resized).jpegE5737897-75B8-42CE-8623-FB34EDD741D2 (resized).jpeg
#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Yes, it's happened to some BM66 Catwoman Editions owners, as well as IMDN* owners. I've seen pictures.

*Corrected. I originally wrote "IM".

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

[quoted image]

"Your promotion to admiral of the 4th division of the Stern Army has been approved" Lol just joking
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#6264 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

[quoted image]

Lol okay I'm getting out of the hobby just because you think that I should. You know you have long been accused of being Jody at Stern or someone who works for Stern and I am starting to believe that it could be true. You defend Stern like you have some kind of special interest in them. I mean you take any kind of Stern bashing very personal it seems, even when its warranted. Why is that, care to explain?

#6265 3 years ago

[quoted image]

It eventually did on my Black Knight SoR

black_knight_playfield_chipping_left_orbit_2 (resized).jpgblack_knight_playfield_chipping_left_orbit_2 (resized).jpg

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

[quoted image]

Not a big deal, just ask JY64. He says that you are just being a whiny ass! I mean sheesh, why would that bother anyone on a 7K pinball machine??

#6267 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yes, it's happened to some BM66 Catwoman Editions owners, as well as IM owners. I've seen pictures.

I've never seen any issues on any copy of iron man.

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've never seen any issues on any copy of iron man.

Iron Maiden

#6269 3 years ago

Yeah, I meant Iron Maiden. I guess that's IMDN right?

#6270 3 years ago

U didn’t need to ad that line PanzerFreak - he really is.

#6271 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

[quoted image]

Great I can’t wait. I’ll never buy another Stern unless I get a new playfield and I doubt I will.

#6272 3 years ago

Great I can’t wait. I’ll never buy another Stern unless I get a new playfield and I doubt I will.

The outcome for me was a new (empty) playfield, although I had a few other pooling issues on my BK playfield too. What you see in my photo is from the left orbit rail. The right orbit rail has a spot that looks like what is shown in your photo. I also have pooling around the posts in the top WAR lanes and around the posts in front of the Black Knight toy. I sent photos of all the different spots to my distributor and raised my concerns over how the playfield will hold up long term since it was like this within 6 months. They were good to deal with and raised a warranty claim with Stern for me. This was back in March when everything was shutting down due to COVID, so there was a delay in getting it sorted out. But a few weeks ago a new playfield arrived safely.

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

The outcome for me was a new (empty) playfield, although I had a few other pooling issues on my BK playfield too. What you see in my photo is from the left orbit rail. The right orbit rail has a spot that looks like what is shown in your photo. I also have pooling around the posts in the top WAR lanes and around the posts in front of the Black Knight toy. I sent photos of all the different spots to my distributor and raised my concerns over how the playfield will hold up long term since it was like this within 6 months. They were good to deal with and raised a warranty claim with Stern for me. This was back in March when everything was shutting down due to COVID, so there was a delay in getting it sorted out. But a few weeks ago a new playfield arrived safely.

So now you just have to populate the entire empty playfield yourself? That sounds like a fun weekend project...

#6274 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

So now you just have to populate the entire empty playfield yourself? That sounds like a fun weekend project...

Uff no shit.

Dimples never bothered me, I've never personally seen a "cratered" PF in person, and generally I'm not overly worried aboot those issues. Then "woodgraining?" on my SW was iffy & Pooling on my IMDN was really sketchy, then PFs started "tearing" and chunks of art starting coming out, and now we have throwback 2000s inkjet art.

Soooo I guess I'm out of the NIB sweepstakes for awHile.

#6275 3 years ago

That sounds like a fun weekend project...

Lol. I walked by my unpopulated TNA pf in a box for almost two years. A nice gesture, but irritated more than motivated me.
Moved it on with game to a new owner.
Win-win.

That was back at 6k, hope chipping and pooling issues are resolved at prices today.

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol okay I'm getting out of the hobby just because you think that I should. You know you have long been accused of being Jody at Stern or someone who works for Stern and I am starting to believe that it could be true. You defend Stern like you have some kind of special interest in them. I mean you take any kind of Stern bashing very personal it seems, even when its warranted. Why is that, care to explain?

I would be happy to anone who looks close for issues that can not be seen when one walks up to a game to play will always be unhappy and should leave the hobby why spend all your time unhappy

#6277 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I would be happy to anone who looks close for issues that can not be seen when one walks up to a game to play will always be unhappy and should leave the hobby why spend all your time unhappy

So you buy a new car, and the paint is all messed up under the hood... so you should just not say anything because you wont see it?

Thats silly, and you know it. There's no reason why you should accept below acceptable quality whether or not you can "see" it or not.

#6278 3 years ago

If I got a new unpopulated playfield, I think I'd be happy with that, assuming it's better quality than the first playfield. I would just play on the current playfield and not worry about it and then switch it out at some point in the future. If they made me swap and send back the first playfield, then that would be ridiculous. I feel like I've seen people say that Stern has wanted the first playfield back, but I don't remember for sure. It seems like their responses have been all over the map, from doing nothing, to sending a bottle of clear coat for touch ups, to sending unpopulated playfields, to even doing swaps. I get that it's a case by case basis, but there have been some really bad examples on here where they've done nothing, so it doesn't exactly instill confidence in buyers to know that you're likely SOL if you have issues.

#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If your current and past pinball collection is correct... You have very little room to speak to current NIB buyers.

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If I got a new unpopulated playfield, I think I'd be happy with that, assuming it's better quality than the first playfield. I would just play on the current playfield and not worry about it and then switch it out at some point in the future. If they made me swap and send back the first playfield, then that would be ridiculous. I feel like I've seen people say that Stern has wanted the first playfield back, but I don't remember for sure. It seems like their responses have been all over the map, from doing nothing, to sending a bottle of clear coat for touch ups, to sending unpopulated playfields, to even doing swaps. I get that it's a case by case basis, but there have been some really bad examples on here where they've done nothing, so it doesn't exactly instill confidence in buyers to know that you're likely SOL if you have issues.

zero chance I would agree to return the old play field....thats a ridiculous request. The reality is most won't bother doing a play field swap unless its years and years down the line, and they plan on keeping the game forever. Most just hope that the new play field makes up for the loss they'll take on selling game.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Most just hope that the new play field makes up for the loss they'll take on selling game.

Wich is a fair request.

#6282 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

How about the manufacturers making a decent, god damn product that warrants a purchase price of 7K?

#6283 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wich is a fair request.

Lets face it what percentage of people are keeping these games forever? Probably not that high so although their upset their game wasn't perfect what they really care about is resale value. By having an extra play field theres a chance they could recoup some costs....

#6284 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Lets face it what percentage of people are keeping these games forever? Probably not that high so although their upset their game wasn't perfect what they really care about is resale value. By having an extra play field theres a chance they could recoup some costs....

All of these people criticizing those of us that care about quality and resale value would try to drive the price down on a machine with playfield issues if they were buying it second hand. If you get a game with defects, they might as well be charging you an extra $500 or $1000 when you buy the game because that's probably what you're losing down the line when you sell it.

#6285 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I meant it like I said it. I fully agree.

And for the people who want to keep it it's ok as well.

#6286 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

All of these people criticizing those of us that care about quality and resale value would try to drive the price down on a machine with playfield issues if they were buying it second hand. If you get a game with defects, they might as well be charging you an extra $500 or $1000 when you buy the game because that's probably what you're losing down the line when you sell it.

Totally agree, but the reality is most games depreciate as soon as u open the box and if u combine that with play field problems the fiscal hit gets worse......I stopped buying NIB games when all these issues came up, and now focus on buying nice HUO games. Stern doesn't give two shits, and unfortunately JJP doesn't have the cheddar to deal with these issues.

#6287 3 years ago

For someone like myself, it is actually a fun project. Although from experience I'd allow more than a weekend to do it Anyone who's followed the repair write ups on my site (www.enteryourinitials.com) knows I willingly spend too much time working on games or my homebrew projects

#6288 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I meant it like I said it. I fully agree.
And for the people who want to keep it it's ok as well.

#6289 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

If your current and past pinball collection is correct... You have very little room to speak to current NIB buyers.

Your right I was going to buy a Areosmith but did not because of cabinet issues than was going to get a IM just when the chipping started so I did not buy a IM. The diefferance between me and others on Pinside is I do not whine like a bitch

#6290 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Your right I was going to buy a Areosmith but did not because of cabinet issues than was going to get a IM just when the chipping started so I did not buy a IM. The diefferance between me and others on Pinside is I do not whine like a bitch

You only whine about pinsiders legitimately complaining about defective products they paid thousands of dollars for. Much better!

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You only whine about pinsiders legitimately complaining about defective products they paid thousands of dollars for. Much better!

Actually many complain about games others have bought. People who say they have stoped buying Stirn NIB several years back can still be found on hear going boo fu#@ing hoo.

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Is it really whining? I think of it as a platform to make other potential buyers aware of not only problems, but how the manufacturers are dealing with the issues. I've learned a lot on this forum....primarily that Stern doesn't really stand by its products, and clearly is not customer focused.

#6293 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is it really whining? I think of it as a platform to make other potential buyers aware of not only problems, but how the manufacturers are dealing with the issues. I've learned a lot on this forum....primarily that Stern doesn't really stand by its products, and clearly is not customer focused.

You could learn that just as easly from the people with bad games as you could with the people that do not buy Stern NIB but just come hear to bitch

#6295 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You could learn that just as easly from the people with bad games as you could with the people that do not buy Stern NIB but just come hear to bitch

Huh? u may not like it, but its hard for u deny that Stern doesn't warranty play fields and is a total pain in the ass to deal with....u roll the dice with every NIB purchase....and yes I've purchased many before they showed their true colors

#6296 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

How about the manufacturers making a decent, god damn product that warrants a purchase price of 7K?

That’s all we want.

#6297 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:The diefferance between me and others on Pinside is I do not whine like a bitch

And yet here you are.....bitch.

Quoted from JY64:

Your right I was going to buy a Areosmith but did not because of cabinet issues than was going to get a IM just when the chipping started so I did not buy a IM.

Just curious how you found out about the Aerosmith cabinets and IM chipping? On Pinside? From whining bitches?

#6298 3 years ago

He was in a spicy mood today.

#6299 3 years ago

He deserved the eject. Punk

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

He deserved the eject. Punk

Who?JY64

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/126?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.