IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 185.
#5751 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So now that jjp fixed their issues, why doesn't the thread title get changed to "continued playfield issues with stern?'

Honest question. Do you work for JJP?

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honest question. Do you work for JJP?

I don’t, but I do agree with jorant the thread name should be changed to Why the fuck doesn’t Stern fix the their playfields!

#5753 3 years ago

i think the thread title should be changed to "why do idiots keep buying these games when they are built like shit".

#5754 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t, but I do agree with jorant the thread name should be changed to Why the fuck doesn’t Stern fix the their playfields!

I thought Stern fixed theirs before JJP when JP Premium and LE came off the line with the updated line art and thinner clearcoat. Are people still seeing pooling and chipping? Dimples don't count as playfield issues.

#5755 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s been well documented that JJP has corrected playfield issues!

I sincerely hope you are correct.

I do not think handing out blank playfields is the correct answer unless you take back the old defective ones. Otherwise games will be sold with the faulty playfields and the next owner gets stuck with the same shit. Most people do not swap out the playfields, they keep the new one to help off set the price difference when they sell the game.

The correct answer is for Stern to get their QC correct at the factory. Stern to me, obviously do not have the correct skills to manufacture good playfields all the time. Stern do not know how to resolve this so are doing their best to get customers to accept their crappy playfields.

#5756 3 years ago

The thread and 116 pages of comments reflects both companies playfield issues in the past and potentially going forward. The title should remain as it is or at a minimum keep JJP in it in some way.

How is a new owner going to find JJP playfield issues if the title is for Stern only?

I say leave it alone or close the thread and start a new Stern only thread.

#5757 3 years ago

My Elvira, stranger things and Jurassic park, all purchased this year have really good playfields. No issues, even minimal to no dimpling. Pretty sure they fixed it people. Stop whining

#5758 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

How is a new owner going to find JJP playfield issues if the title is for Stern only?

How is it right to keep punishing them when they've addressed the issues?

#5759 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My Elvira, stranger things and Jurassic park, all purchased this year have really good playfields. No issues, even minimal to no dimpling. Pretty sure they fixed it people. Stop whining

No they haven't. Their playfields are still shit.

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No they haven't. Their playfields are still shit.

Sorry you are wrong. My 3 examples from builds this year are all great.

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just because they dont have clearcoat chipping off of them doesn't mean that they are good quality.

#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It rained here today, so it rained everywhere in the world. Right?

#5763 3 years ago

Ok I’m done. Y’all enjoy your pointless bitch fest. I’m off to play my games. Enjoy!

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just because they dont have clearcoat chipping off of them doesn't mean that they are good quality.

The thread was started because of pooling and chipping which has been resolved by both companies, so let's close the thread down.

#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The thread was started because of pooling and chipping which has been resolved by both companies, so let's close the thread down.

People with games built within the last few months are still reporting problems. Now at the moment TMNT owners have not reported playfield issues but we'll see when more games are out in the field

#5766 3 years ago

There are still many playfields with unresolved issues. I know many Pinsiders with pooling and chipping that have no resolution from Stern and/or JJP.

Thread needs to stay open so fellow Pinsiders can have a look and see how customers are being treated. Some customers are long term ones that buy almost every game.

#5767 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How do you measure quality then?

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There are still many playfields with unresolved issues. I know many Pinsiders with pooling and chipping that have no resolution from Stern and/or JJP.
Thread needs to stay open so fellow Pinsiders can have a look and see how customers are being treated. Some customers are long term ones that buy almost every game.

I certainly understand that there are customers who have not seen resolution yet, but I was speaking of the fact that the issue was identified and resolved, as far as I know, so new games are not having these issues. I also wasn't serious about shutting the thread down.

#5769 3 years ago

I certainly understand that there are customers who have not seen resolution yet, but I was speaking of the fact that the issue was identified and resolved, as far as I know, so new games are not having these issues. I also wasn't serious about shutting the thread down.

All good! Our last Stern NIB purchase was a 3lviraLE and I guarantee you the issues are not resolved. Playfields are still chipping.

I am keen to see if TMNT playfields are any better.

#5770 3 years ago

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Who the fuck asked you?!?

#5772 3 years ago

........... done with the negativity. Going to let my money do the talking.

#5773 3 years ago

........... done with the negativity. Going to let my money do the talking.

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

sternwurt (resized).jpgsternwurt (resized).jpg
#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How is it right to keep punishing them when they've addressed the issues?

you don't like facts much, do you

#5776 3 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

you don't like facts much, do you

Please enlighten us, oh wise one.

#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Please enlighten us, oh wise one.

He just wants an axe to grind, like most of Pinside.

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]

Huh? What?? Sorry I wasn’t paying attention. I was too busy cashing my Q2 distribution.

#5779 3 years ago

I was speaking of the fact that the issue was identified and resolved

That's simply not true. They band aided the problem by putting paper thin clearcoat on the playfields and they look like shit now and probably wont hold up over time. Also there have been lots of insert issues popping up lately. Bottom line is this thread needs to stay open because they aren't taking care of customers that buy their 6-10K toys.

#5780 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dude, I was just kidding around

#5781 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Logical fallacies...how do they work?

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also there have been lots of insert issues popping up lately.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#5783 3 years ago

this is not true. read the title, there are still reported issues.
i bought my JP 6 months ago and it had chipping, being replaced... also reported by other people.
Do you consider a Dec 2019 PF not as new?

If you dont like the thread, dont read it. You sound like you want to shut down any justified critics.
This is alarming IMO.

EDIT: i saw you were not serious about shutting down the thread in your later post...

#5784 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

this is not true. read the title, there are still reported issues.
i bought my JP 6 months ago and it had chipping, being replaced... also reported by other people.
Do you consider a Dec 2019 PF not as new?
If you dont like the thread, dont read it. You sound like you want to shut down any justified critics.
This is alarming IMO.

EDIT: i saw you were not serious about shutting down the thread in your later post...

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My 6/4/20 build JP premium is dimpling. No too severe but, there’s a couple craters. I also only have 150 plays on it. I “had” to get a new game from canceling vacations and being home more with covid19 limitations. I canceled my tmnt pro. Just don’t feel like handing them more for less quality.

#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also there have been lots of insert issues popping up lately.

Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

When you get old, your insert Not popping up becomes the issue ..

#5787 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So now that jjp fixed their issues,

LOL how the hell can you tell they make so few games you can't even tell

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The obvious big difference is Stern owners are still complaining of playfield issues and JJP buyers are not

Stern sell 50 to 100 games for every 1 game JJP sells it's no wonder you hear little from JJP owners

#5789 3 years ago

The last pic of a chipping playfield was post 4187 5 months ago get over it people

#5790 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My 6/4/20 build JP premium is dimpling.

3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpgUnknown-4 (resized).jpegUnknown-4 (resized).jpeghenrylaugh (resized).jpghenrylaugh (resized).jpg
#5791 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Stern sell 50 to 100 games for every 1 game JJP sells it's no wonder you hear little from JJP owners

When the first run of Wonka SE’s came out and were pooling and chipping people spoke up loud and clear!The numbers were big enough for Pinside to start threads and talk about it.JJP stopped production fixed the issue and started making new Wonka’s,which I have one of and it’s perfect.

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

When the first run of Wonka SE’s came out and were pooling and chipping people spoke up loud and clear!The numbers were big enough for Pinside to start threads and talk about it.JJP stopped production fixed the issue and started making new Wonka’s,which I have one of and it’s perfect.

LOL JJP chipping did not start with Wonka so no the fix was not as quick as you think

#5793 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL JJP chipping did not start with Wonka so no the fix was not as quick as you think

Yes but JJP actually fixed the issue instead of just removing artwork around playfield posts. JJP fixed the issue back in October of 2019, that's 9 months ago...like you said above time to get over it!

#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lmao. I needed that.

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes but JJP actually fixed the issue instead of just removing artwork around playfield posts. JJP fixed the issue back in October of 2019, that's 9 months ago...like you said above time to get over it!

I have friends that have issues with their JJP machines built after that date.

#5796 3 years ago

Haven’t seen any pics of messed up TMNT playfields yet. Fixed? Illuminati conspiracy to cover up the truth? Discuss.

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This guy has trolled this before he’s just here for the entertainment

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I have friends that have issues with their JJP machines built after that date.

Of course you do?

#5799 3 years ago

I heard a rumor that if Who-Dey becomes a liberal and starts licking some serious culo, he will get his playfields. And then some.

#5800 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I heard a rumor that if Who-Dey becomes a liberal and starts licking some serious culo, he will get his playfields. And then some.

Not worth the change ! He's rather eat the $ than fall to the dark side

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.50
6,495 (Firm)
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/116?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.