IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg

There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 185.
#5401 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just a confirmation. Does your Tron LE pf have a silver boarder (LE) around the inserts or are they colored (PRO)? I ask this as the Tron LE PF's got a thicker clear than the pro's and it is possible your game had a PF swap done with a Pro PF. I'm just curious as my Tron LE PF is beautiful. I bought it from a collector that never played it (had less than 200 plays total) and with a nice clean, polish and wax it's pretty dang good. My friends LE was the same but the two pro's I've played diffidently have shown a much duller PF.

Hi there,
Shows how much I know - I had to go check but yes, def around the inserts I have silver trim so I guess it’s def LE plus see attached photo.
Just to be clear also, the play-field is dull but not extremely so. Just compared to the likes of my more modern Sterns which have more thicker clear coats.
6FB7BE23-E312-48A6-AFBC-81BF51A790E6 (resized).jpeg6FB7BE23-E312-48A6-AFBC-81BF51A790E6 (resized).jpeg

#5402 3 years ago

i heard that the PF dimples because the wood is not dry enough.
using a PF protector for a year or so might solve this since the would could dry in the meantime?

#5403 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i heard that the PF dimples because the wood is not dry enough.
using a PF protector for a year or so might solve this since the would could dry in the meantime?

The wood dimples because a steel ball is much harder than wood. The dimples really arent a big deal, just play your game and have fun. They will even out some also the more you play it.

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The wood dimples because a steel ball is much harder than wood. The dimples really arent a big deal, just play your game and have fun. They will even out some also the more you play it.

... do you just spam your opinion here without even thinking about it?, did you even read the last two pages? nothing else to say here... if your 10k posts are all like that...

#5405 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I would be thrilled to have just dimples. I have noticeable wood grain on majority of my playfield on top of some chipping and bubbling.

BBE07397-62D9-4BB0-9331-DFEE51A21DDC (resized).pngBBE07397-62D9-4BB0-9331-DFEE51A21DDC (resized).png

That’s really atrocious. Should be a no question asked pf swap. Clearly defective. It’s such a lottery. My JPLe pf was flawless....best Stern Pf I’ve had.

#5406 3 years ago

I think the lighting is exaggerating it

#5407 3 years ago

When are we going to start seeing discounted used prices from all these defective playfields? I’ll continue to wait patiently, cash in hand.

#5408 3 years ago

I was going to buy a Jurassic Park LE For my first NIB, but when I saw the clear chipping issues I decided that I didn’t want to pay for a product that might have issues. While I get that it’s not a big deal for everyone, what people spend their money on is indeed a personal decision, and it wasn’t acceptable for me.

#5409 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

... do you just spam your opinion here without even thinking about it?, did you even read the last two pages? nothing else to say here... if your 10k posts are all like that...

Hey i was just trying to be nice and help you relax a little about your new game because you seem like you might be a noob and freaking out a little bit about the dimpling. I will give you one last piece of advice though, being a dick on here wont get you very far with most of these people so you may want to think about that because you may need help down the road with something since issues constantly arise in pinball. Good luck with your new game. You better hurry and get that playfield protector on there before it dimples so bad the ball starts rolling unevenly!

#5410 3 years ago
872EF70F-F3A5-4CB1-AB91-6376537765AD (resized).jpeg872EF70F-F3A5-4CB1-AB91-6376537765AD (resized).jpeg
#5411 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

There is probably some truth to that. I’ll try to get a different photo Thursday.

#5412 3 years ago

I'm still waiting on my distributor to help me with the chunks missing from my BM66 Catwoman. The last email I got in response to my "hey, I'm still here, help me out" was that Stern was closed. I'm assuming they aren't anymore since they are pumping out games like they are free.

On a side note, I'm beginning to think that the people in this thread (myself included) are the only ones that care about chunks of their play field falling off, since they are still selling games like hot cakes.

#5413 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm still waiting on my distributor to help me with the chunks missing from my BM66 Catwoman. The last email I got in response to my "hey, I'm still here, help me out" was that Stern was closed. I'm assuming they aren't anymore since they are pumping out games like they are free.
On a side note, I'm beginning to think that the people in this thread (myself included) are the only ones that care about chunks of their playfield falling off, since they are still selling games like hot cakes.

I had an issue with my Deadpool, where they used the incorrect screw to tighter the wire harness on and punctured the playfield. The person i was working with was quiet but i checked in every few months. After a 4 month hiatus, I emailed Stern directly by creating a new support ticket and sure enough, i got a response, and within about another 6 weeks, I got a playfield. It's slow going, but continue to stay connected and you'll be made whole.

#5414 3 years ago

On a side note, I'm beginning to think that the people in this thread (myself included) are the only ones that care about chunks of their play field falling off, since they are still selling games like hot cakes.

If your distributor is the one i am thinking of in your state you will never get any help, just broken promises. You may as well get a hold of Stern yourself and see what you can do.

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

When are we going to start seeing discounted used prices from all these defective playfields? I’ll continue to wait patiently, cash in hand.

The whiny little bitches will tell you it's all good once they are selling the game

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

being a dick on here wont get you very far with most of these people

Quoted from Who-Dey:

You better hurry and get that playfield protector on there before it dimples so bad the ball starts rolling unevenly!

#5417 3 years ago

Who Dey has mastered the art of being a dick, lol

#5418 3 years ago

With over 5400 posts rehashing the same thing over and over, I will present this weeks "Pinside's Weekly Covid-19 Whine Thread Award"

Shit or get off the pot folks. Either buy Stern and play them with the issues, or don't buy them and move on.
covidwhine (resized).pngcovidwhine (resized).png

#5419 3 years ago

The funny thing is JJP and Spooky fixed their short lived playfield issues!

#5420 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The funny thing is JJP and Spooky fixed their short lived playfield issues!

Has Stern acknowledged any playfield issues?

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Who Dey has mastered the art of being a dick, lol

I can be a dick for sure but i was trying to be nice and help the guy out because he is obviously new to pinball.

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

With over 5400 posts rehashing the same thing over and over, I will present this weeks "Pinside's Weekly Covid-19 Whine Thread Award"
Shit or get off the pot folks. Either buy Stern and play them with the issues, or don't buy them and move on.

Congratulations ! You win !

Can we get back now to discussing playfield issues, please.

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I can be a dick for sure but i was trying to be nice and help the guy out because he is obviously new to pinball.

How long does one have to be in the hobby before the word “quality” can be removed from one’s vocabulary ?

#5424 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If your distributor is the one i am thinking of in your state you will never get any help, just broken promises. You may as well get a hold of Stern yourself and see what you can do.

I have only had success (two replacements for defective playfields) by dealing with Stern directly. Distributors have done nothing for me.

#5425 3 years ago

Who-Dey

a little recap for you

Quoted from Who-Dey:

All I see is a guy shining a light on a pinball playfield so you can see the dimples that you normally wouldn't be able to see without that bright light shining on it.
Play your game and have fun, it's not a big deal like chipping clearcoat or pooling is.

Your first post:
You ignored my second image showing the cratering from a players perspective, and just threw your opinion out there.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Your second post, ignoring the whole discussion, just claiming your opinion is the right one. Repeating physic lessons I heard here before so often.
Funny you also ignored my posting where I said that my DP-Pro with the same amount of games and same build date looks much better than my JP-Prem?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey i was just trying to be nice and help you relax a little about your new game because you seem like you might be a noob and freaking out a little bit about the dimpling. I will give you one last piece of advice though, being a dick on here wont get you very far with most of these people so you may want to think about that because you may need help down the road with something since issues constantly arise in pinball. Good luck with your new game. You better hurry and get that playfield protector on there before it dimples so bad the ball starts rolling unevenly!

...You are just being nice:
ignoring my posts, cherry picking the stuff you dont like and shtting you opinion here telling me how I should think about stuff. Backing it up by generalizing it, as its everyones opinion. Now you say I have bad behavior- Calling me a noob and dick? Again backing up your opinion about me with other pinside members? good job.

#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

who-dey
a little recap for you

Your first post:
You ignored my second image showing the cratering from a players perspective, and just threw your opinion out there.

Your second post, ignoring the whole discussion, just claiming your opinion is the right one. Repeating physic lessons I heard here before so often.
Funny you also ignored my posting where I said that my DP-Pro with the same amount of games and same build date looks much better than my JP-Prem?

ignoring my posts, cherry picking the stuff you dont like and shtting you opinion here telling me how I should think about stuff. Backing it up by generalizing it, as its everyones opinion. Now you say I have bad behavior- Calling me a noob and dick? Again backing up your opinion about me with other pinside members? good job.

Does DP Pro have anything that throws a ball onto the playfield like T Rex in JP? I haven’t played a DP pro, just asking.

#5427 3 years ago

My BK2K and AFMr both have dimples. You can't see them with the game powered down, but when the lights are on (and at certain angles) they are noticeable. It's the side-effect of a steel ball flying around on a piece of wood and bouncing off stuff.

The obvious grain on the playfield, I completely agree that that is unacceptable and a quality-control issue.

#5428 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I 100% agree with him, would look best with lights off

#5429 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Does DP Pro have anything that throws a ball onto the playfield like T Rex in JP? I haven’t played a DP pro, just asking.

I went to a distibutor last summer thinking I might make DP pro my first Stern. Deadpool’s face was really badly dimpled on the showroom game - very visible and I found quite disturbing. I figured the only way I could justify getting this game would be to get a playfield protector, which I considered for a while, but then decided not to get the game at all. I think maybe these dimples are caused by balls bouncing off the drop targets, going airborn and landing on Deadpool’s face. I think maybe balls dropping from say the JP prem T-rex do not have the speed and force of balls violently flying off drop targets.

#5430 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I never understood how people are afraid of the t-rex throwing balls around in the back of the PF where you dont see them anyway. I think thats no problem at all. In comparison to a fast orbit feed on DP, shooting on the fly, the ball goes high speed bouncing around, especially on DP (Katana-rama combo). I think multiballs are even worse. Also like branlon8 says, the bounce of the drop targets can be very intense.

I am not saying dimples are bad, but the amount and intensity obviously can be very different and at a certainl level they bother me because the game looks bad. Ball traveling is not a physical problem on my game, but I like glossy PFs and a nice sound of the ball rolling over it without those raised inserts and art. Protectors are not nice to play in my experience, but i can be wrong since technology gets better every day.

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

who-dey
a little recap for you

Your first post:

YOU are the one that is keeping the dimpling discussion alive not me. Lol

#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I never understood how people are afraid of the t-rex throwing balls around in the back of the PF where you dont see dimples anyway. I think thats no problem at all. In comparison to a fast orbit feed on DP, shooting on the fly, the ball goes high speed bouncing around, especially on DP (Katana-rama combo). I think multiballs are even worse. Also like branlon8 says, the bounce of the drop targets can be very intense.
I am not saying dimples are bad, but the amount and intensity obviously can be very different and at a certainl level they bother me because the game looks bad. Ball traveling is not a physical problem on my game, but I like glossy PFs and a nice sound of the ball rolling over it without those raised inserts and art. Protectors are not nice to play in my experience, but i can be wrong since technology gets better every day.

#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man WTF are you even talking about? You are so incoherent I cant believe it and I really feel sorry for the other members taking your sensles 10k Post shit every day. Did i say you are keeping the discussion alive? Did you even read the topic? I am finished with you, no more time wasting for me /ignore

#5434 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I never understood how people are afraid of the t-rex throwing balls around in the back of the PF where you dont see them anyway. I think thats no problem at all. In comparison to a fast orbit feed on DP, shooting on the fly, the ball goes high speed bouncing around, especially on DP (Katana-rama combo). I think multiballs are even worse. Also like branlon8 says, the bounce of the drop targets can be very intense.

I’m not afraid of the T Rex causing dimples, lol, I was trying to get some context between the 2. My buddy has a JP premium and it gets played a lot. The playfield is still in beautiful condition.

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m not afraid of the T Rex causing dimples, lol, I was trying to get some context between the 2. My buddy has a JP premium and it gets played a lot. The playfield is still in beautiful condition.

Nah, I just often heard that example and I asked myself why some people think it could cause any damage.
Nice for you friend, I'm happy with my DP too.

#5436 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for letting me know the other day about adjusting T-Rex to drop ball on ramp only. I rather have ball return to left flipper partially cause I suck.

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Nah, I just often heard that example and I asked myself why some people think it could cause any damage.
Nice for you friend, I'm happy with my DP too.

What the hell is your avatar?It looks like the grinch’s nutsack

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell is your avatar?It looks like the grinch’s nutsack

hahaha sorry, its the rear side of slimer. I thought it was funny

just to make sure you guys understand what i mean and not thinking its just my OCD.
Both games 1500 plays, build in Dec 2019.
(I use the same ambience light on both machines, and its an unedited photograph from my smartphone)
see any difference, no?
Unbenannt (resized).pngUnbenannt (resized).png

#5439 3 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I 100% agree with him, would look best with lights off

Looks even better if you pull the power plug and turn out the lights - quality improves significantly then!

#5440 3 years ago

I got one of those piece of crap playfields on my JPLE, thanks Stern

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

just to make sure you guys understand what i mean and not thinking its just my OCD.
(I use the same ambience light on both machines, and its an unedited photograph from my smartphone)
see any difference, no?
[quoted image]

Your pic of JP in my opinion is perfectly normal. These are normal dimples. Like its been said a 1000 times its a steel ball hitting wood. My GB looks like this. My Medieval Madness looks like this. My TNA looks like this. Even my 1994 World Cup Soccer looks like this. That one has smoothed out due to so many plays. When I got my Medieval Madness almost 3 years ago it would get a dimple here and there that was noticeable. It now has so many on there that it is starting to smooth out. I think we need to stop making a big deal on these dimples. Pooling. Yes. Chipping. Yes. Ghosting inserts. Yes. Those are playfield problems. I have gone thru two playfields on my ghostbusters due to ghosting. One was a fully populated playfield. The other replacement was just the playfield.

#5442 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

see any difference, no?
[quoted image]

Yes those playfields look different but are also 100% normal.

#5443 3 years ago

who is distributor?

#5444 3 years ago

Easy solution here. Buy two. One to play, one to look at.

#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I did this when I used to collect pez dispensers. One open to display and eat the candy and one in the package in storage.

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

my second JP PF is on its way because of chipping, but not because of cratering

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

my second JP PF is on its way because of chipping, but not because of cratering

They told me last week the playfields are on backorder ... been waiting since last year for mine

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Or buy a playfield protector.

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

They told me last week the playfields are on backorder ... been waiting since last year for mine

Didn’t you just give everyone in this thread an award for whining? And now your whining because you were chosen to receive a playfield but just haven’t gotten it yet?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/109#post-5711090

#5450 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell is your avatar?

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It's the rear side of Slimer.

So your avatar is constantly mooning us?
I may have to down vote you for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toughkenamon, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/109?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.