IMG20221008031914 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008032533 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008033119 (resized).jpg
IMG20221008034651 (resized).jpg
20220919_071252 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_032754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220820_025439 (resized).jpg
20210920_172949 (resized).jpg
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 185.
#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's the problem with the Stern quality lottery,

What about the JJP quality lottery? You always fail to mention them for some reason.

#5202 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have a Elvira premium, stranger things premium and Jurassic park premium. All of them have been rock solid. No issues.

You buy every single game that comes out. I doubt that you even look. lol

#5203 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Typically those that don’t have issues don’t report anything. I have a new JP inspected 4/20/2020 and so far so good. Went over with a coat of wax looking for all of the reported pooling and ramp alignments. Only 350 plays. Maybe a sign of better QC/attention to detail?

Same experience here.

#5204 3 years ago

DeadPool March 2019. Grain looks worse in person, visible from all angles.

IMDN Jan 2020 . Look at the inserts....

DP (resized).JPGDP (resized).JPGDP2 (resized).JPGDP2 (resized).JPGIMDN (resized).JPGIMDN (resized).JPGIMDN2 (resized).JPGIMDN2 (resized).JPG
#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

DeadPool March 2019. Grain looks worse in person, visible from all angles.
IMDN Jan 2020 . Look at the inserts....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unbelievable!

#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You said it best..."It's a shame too because Stern makes the funnest games by far of anyone in the industry."
My IMDN Premium was really poorly sanded (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/24#post-5193747) and took over 1 month to dial-in. Soon after, I received a NIB Munsters that was down for 6 weeks after 30 plays (CPU death). In general, I'm not a fan of the Spike architecture that seems to be focused entirely on cost cutting...shit, can't even develop a game with a quiet fan? I could go on and on...
If you love Pinball and think you can "dig your heals in" and avoid Stern games, then you are missing out on some great games. JP2 is spectacular.
As upsetting as some of these imperfections are, THEY ARE LARGELY AESTHETIC (and don't effect gameplay). No? My IMDN plays flawlessly despite the poorly sanded PF and minor pooling.

Stern games are fun, granted. Would I buy one as a collector? Uhm, hell no. QC and feedback from buyers being treated crappy after issues arise.

I’ve got Spooky and CGC to fall back on. No, not JJP. Just overpriced Sterns as far as I’m concerned. Except not as fun. Though POTC was ok, just too long per game and seemed to jump all over the place trying to keep me occupied....IE unbalanced.

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern games are fun, granted. Would I buy one as a collector? Uhm, hell no. QC and feedback from buyers being treated crappy after issues arise.
I’ve got Spooky and CGC to fall back on. No, not JJP. Just overpriced Sterns as far as I’m concerned. Except not as fun. Though POTC was ok, just too long per game and seemed to jump all over the place trying to keep me occupied....IE unbalanced.

Meh. "Collectors" aren't all cut from the same cloth, obviously. I know some collectors that never play a game...they just like looking at them. For those types, I get it. ACNC might appeal more to that "type" of collector...world under glass...not so fun to play.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have folks that could give a crap about any of the aesthetic issues highlighted in this thread. Most people, like me, are probably somewhere in the middle.

Stern games get the most play in my collection (by far). For me, the issues I've had to deal with have been worth the gameplay "reward". The ONLY Stern I've owned/hated over the past couple years has been Munsters. It lasted 2 months IIRC.

In any event, I totally respect people who feel strongly and won't buy until Stern does a "mea, culpa" (which may be awhile, unfortunately

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What about the JJP quality lottery? You always fail to mention them for some reason.

JJP pins have had plenty of problems over the years and I've mentioned that in multiple threads. I still think JJP bulid quality and value for what you get (features, code, etc) is significantly higher then what Stern offers. In my opinion Stern is charging JJP prices for games that more often then not have less features, less code, less 3D molded parts, and overall lower build quality.

As for JJP problems they have had quality issues with every single title. I wouldn't buy a new JJP or a new Stern until a game has been out for at least 6 months to avoid the early adopter headaches.

#5209 3 years ago

Im not rich but was looking to add a DP to my MetLE. Im not taking a risk that (A) the PF is a cluster and (B) it wont take an act if god to get Stern to make it right. Secondary market, or possiby AP Hotwheels.

#5210 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not rich but was looking to add a DP to my MetLE. Im not taking a risk that (A) the PF is a cluster and (B) it wont take an act if god to get Stern to make it right. Secondary market, or possiby AP Hotwheels.

One great thing about buying used is you can see the game first versus playing the NIB quality lottery. It's sad but a nice HUO game can have less issues then a NIB one.

#5211 3 years ago

If we are just talking about playfield issues,which is the main point.JJP fixed their playfield issues with the Wonka second run in October of 2019.

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If we are just talking about playfield issues,which is the main point.JJP fixed their playfield issues with the Wonka second run in October of 2019.

Does it seem like Stern just removed artwork around posts but didn't address the actual root cause of the issue? I haven't heard of any JJP playfield problems from Oct to now but Stern playfield issues seem to keep popping up on newer builds.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One great thing about buying used is you can see the game first versus playing the NIB quality lottery. It's sad but a nice HUO game can have less issues then a NIB one.

Buying a nice HUO game is the only way to go....NIB purchases are over rated...

#5214 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does it seem like Stern just removed artwork around posts but didn't address the actual root cause of the issue? I haven't heard of any JJP playfield problems from Oct to now but Stern playfield issues seem to keep popping up on newer builds.

JJP isn’t immune to playfield problems either.

30F998F8-9EDE-4115-83BE-8048FFE5698E (resized).jpeg30F998F8-9EDE-4115-83BE-8048FFE5698E (resized).jpegA820B0A7-D9D1-48C6-95B5-3EAA4B6F5430 (resized).jpegA820B0A7-D9D1-48C6-95B5-3EAA4B6F5430 (resized).jpegDE610629-B54A-484F-9195-D74E5C40E729 (resized).jpegDE610629-B54A-484F-9195-D74E5C40E729 (resized).jpegEA9C65D9-3232-44A3-A0E2-4C34C6920BE8 (resized).jpegEA9C65D9-3232-44A3-A0E2-4C34C6920BE8 (resized).jpeg
#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah we’re not saying that didn’t have problems,we’re saying they we’re resolved October 2019

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah we’re not saying that didn’t have problems,we’re saying they we’re resolved October 2019

Guess JJP gets a pass. Some lucky people have been sent new playfields. I was not one of the lucky ones. Oh well.

#5217 3 years ago

God damn it no one is getting a fucking pass.I’m just stating the facts!

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

God damn it no one is getting a fucking pass.I’m just stating the facts!

Of course they do. All the problems are fixed as of October 2019.

#5219 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I guess thread can be closed since new Sterns haven’t had issues either.

In all seriousness I think the point of this thread is playfield issues sometimes exist because these aren’t made by robots. When issues like pooling arise there should be a way to remedy the issue with the manufacturer. I certainly wouldn’t be happy paying the same as another for the same game but with a playfield that shouldn’t have passed qc. I wasn’t going to post here because i didn’t want to rub it in but it’s also good to know good playfields do exist and may now be the norm.

#5220 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah we know, we were talking about how JJP fixed their playfield issues from October and going forward. Stern clearly (no pun intended) hasn't had consistent playfield quality since switching to the no artwork around posts "fix".

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I guess thread can be closed since new Sterns haven’t had issues either.
In all seriousness I think the point of this thread is playfield issues sometimes exist because these aren’t made by robots. When issues like pooling arise there should be a way to remedy the issue with the manufacturer. I certainly wouldn’t be happy paying the same as another for the same game but with a playfield that shouldn’t have passed qc. I wasn’t going to post here because i didn’t want to rub it in but it’s also good to know good playfields do exist and may now be the norm.

I used to agree with you, yes some good playfields do exist.

Here are our statistics. Since 2016 we have bought 9 Stern games (8 NIB, 1 two months old) Of the 9 games 5 have playfield issues, 2 of which have been resolved by Stern. Putting in warranty claim to Stern is becoming harder and harder and Stern want us to accept pooling, chipping and crazed inserts as normal.

Sales will be tough going forward so now is the time for all of us to make sure we let Stern and JJP know what we expect.

#5222 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sales will be tough going forward so now is the time for all of us to make sure we let Stern and JJP know what we expect.

It's going to be interesting to see if they even care. If they don't care I'm afraid they are going to fail. I would hate to see that happen. I want to be a customer again but I just cant do it right now until they change their ways and start standing behind their products better.

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's going to be interesting to see if they even care. If they don't care I'm afraid they are going to fail. I would hate to see that happen. I want to be a customer again but I just cant do it right now until they change their ways and start standing behind their products better.

Stern and JJP are two entirely different situations. Sterns play field problems and lack of warranty service is just pure greed as they have the resources to either fix the problem from happening in the first place or address the problems in the field. Expecting customers to accept shitty play fields on a $8K toy is total BS. JJP has different problems. They simply don't have the resources to address warranty issues. So unless they "fix" the problem their SOL. Rolling the dice on these NIB games is way too big a risk in my opinion...

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

download.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg

Since we are posting things that are common knowledge, I figured I'd contribute.

Yes, the early Wonkas and all the Pirates have those playfield issues. That's not a secret, but they do seem fixed now.

#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It's going to be interesting to see if they even care. If they don't care I'm afraid they are going to fail. I would hate to see that happen.

Me too. There are only so many B/W games to go around!!!

#5226 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]
Since we are posting things that are common knowledge, I figured I'd contribute.
Yes, the early Wonkas and all the Pirates have those playfield issues. That's not a secret, but they do seem fixed now.

I’m glad a six year old could teach you sex ed.
I guess the lesson to be learned is do not Buy NIB early then.

#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Playfield problems!!!!

#5228 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Playfield problems!!!!

Did JJP acknowledge that all playfield issues were remedied after 10/19?

#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Did JJP acknowledge that all playfield issues were remedied after 10/19?

Yes they did and anybody with a newer Wonka will attest to this

#5230 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where did they acknowledge it? Was it mentioned on their website or Facebook page?

#5231 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Where did they acknowledge it? Was it mentioned on their website or Facebook page?

Just take my fucking word for it

#5232 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No thanks. I’m not basing my next 10K pinball purchase based upon your word.

Why are you lying about JJP’s acknowledgement of the issue and it’s rectification?

#5233 3 years ago

One thing is for sure Wacky Bracke or whatever her name is, just seems to be a downvoting machince. And lame since she cant seem to put into words what his obvious problems are.

#5234 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

No thanks. I’m not basing my next 10K pinball purchase based upon your word.
Why are you lying about JJP’s acknowledgement of the issue and it’s rectification?

LOL, the first person you never trust, is the one who says, you can trust me, let alone, fucking trust me hah

#5235 3 years ago

I mentioned earlier when I was at Expo last October I specifically asked JJP employees working the show about play fields. They showed me the games at Expo that were built in October they looked perfect.

If concerned get a game built October or later and hopefully you avoid a problem.

#5236 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

LOL, the first person you never trust, is the one who says, you can trust me, let alone, fucking trust me hah

Dude I was joking!Nobody is going to convince you or Mike J of anything because your just trolling.

#5237 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude I was joking!Nobody is going to convince you or Mike J of anything because your just trolling.

Trolling? Folks who are contemplating making a purchase of 10K or more are reading these threads and you’re making things up. That’s not funny or cool. JJP never publicly acknowledged anything and your assertion regarding October of 2019 is meaningless.

Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from romulusx:

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Trolling? Folks who are contemplating making a purchase of 10K or more are reading these threads and you’re making things up. That’s not funny or cool. JJP never publicly acknowledged anything and your assertion regarding October of 2019 is meaningless.

Quoted from Mike_J:

Alright man we’ve been here before.Just for anyone that can’t see the obvious this troll is a hardcore Stern fanboy that’s just trying to trash JJP.Look at previous post here and check collection!
Fucking childish!

#5239 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Alright man we’ve been here before.Just for anyone that can’t see the obvious this troll is a hardcore Stern fanboy that’s just trying to trash JJP.Look at previous post here and check collection!
Fucking childish!

There is really something wrong with you.
You simply make up stories and now it has been documented in this thread.
You may find counseling and/or medication beneficial.

#5240 3 years ago

I have been having some issues with my Iron Maiden. Not sure how I think about a machine that is less then 6 month old having two chips and some wicked pulling that is a ticking time bomb.

7D63E251-6521-4714-849C-7DD28C5B78FE (resized).jpeg7D63E251-6521-4714-849C-7DD28C5B78FE (resized).jpeg9A527BE9-B958-4049-A9ED-B98A2BB42AE7 (resized).jpeg9A527BE9-B958-4049-A9ED-B98A2BB42AE7 (resized).jpeg642032C2-C6C1-418C-BE3C-8B1D8C4A3B31 (resized).jpeg642032C2-C6C1-418C-BE3C-8B1D8C4A3B31 (resized).jpeg
#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I shouldn't encourage this naughty behaviour, but I literally laughed out loud at this.

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I have been having some issues with my Iron Maiden. Not sure how I think about a machine that is less then 6 month old having two chips and some wicked pulling that is a ticking time bomb.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch! I feel for you. I know how much that sucks.

Could you please let us all know what your distro and Stern say to you. Be prepared to get stuffed around a lot.

#5243 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I shouldn't encourage this naughty behaviour, but I literally laughed out loud at this.

Encourage away I just say it as I see it.Mike J is just a punkass little pansy who thinks he’s funny

#5244 3 years ago

I just started the process with Patrick at Stern but when I emailed they have been very short with me. It is early so time will tell.

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just started the process with Patrick at Stern but when I emailed they have been very short with me. It is early so time will tell.

Good Luck!

#5247 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Encourage away I just say it as I see it.Mike J is just a punkass little pansy who thinks he’s funny

I look forward to meeting up at the next show.

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I look forward to meeting up at the next show.

Oh great I can’t wait!
I’m the 6’1” 235 lbs of pissed off sob,raised in an orphanage in the 70’s

#5249 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh great I can’t wait!

I’m the 6”4 250lb guy who will gladly buy you a beer if you can mange to take a 5 minute break from kissing JJP’s ass.
I wear a red shirt with a Jersey City firefighters cap.

#5250 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh great I can’t wait!

Quoted from Mike_J:

I’m the 6”4 250lb guy who will gladly buy you a beer if you can mange to take a 5 minute break from kissing JJP’s ass.
I wear a red shirt with a Jersey City firefighters cap.

You two need to get a room already, fer cryin' outlooooud!

Or get a beer.

Or a beer, then a room.

Whatever suits your fancy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/105?hl=xian222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.