Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinphila
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

My Houdini wouldn't boot. I dialed "(833) API-HELP" during working hours and my call which was picked up by an automated answering service (here we go). I started to leave a message, but was interrupted by an incoming call which I decided to answer. It was Dave Brennan from API (alright, now I'm getting somewhere!).

I told Dave upfront that I have a 2nd-hand Houdini that is a few years old and stopped booting. We chatted a bit, and Dave quickly diagnosed the problem. I needed a part from a 3rd party, but Dave gave me the contact info and told me exactly what to request. I called the part supplier half expecting to get 'the runaround', but they picked up immediately, took the part description, my address, my email and within a few hours I received notice that my replacement parts had shipped and were on the way!

The parts arrived a few days later. The install took a few minutes, and my Houdini was back up-and-running.

This is what customer support SHOULD BE. Kudos to API. This customer experience will NOT be forgotten when we plan our next purchase.

#2 2 years ago

Thank you for the good review!

#3 2 years ago

I got the first Houdini in Canada , minor tweaking issues but these guys set the bar for customer service!
way and beyond what one would expect!

#4 2 years ago

The service and the presence of all AP guys, also on pinside made me buy Hot Wheels and Houdini ! Great company !
The support is outstanding !

I received a machine that was dropped and heavily abused ! They communicated with the retailer and fixed it.

Looking foward to the next games.

#5 2 years ago

Heck ya! Glad to hear of the good CS. I know Dave and team have been working hard to make sure of that.

Customer service goes a long way, specially in this small hobby.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Customer service goes a long way, specially in this small hobby.

Totally agree.

Can we now please see the next game?

#7 2 years ago

This is so important -customer service. As these games get 6,7,8k+or more people want and deserve to be treated with good support.
I know of a couple of operators who are just going with used equipment or not buying new certain mfrs due to poor quality control or simply not getting a call back when a location game is down. That's unacceptable.
I really hope American Pinball can continue with this philosophy going forward. I'm eager to support them and will whenever possible.Ive only heard positive things about this company.

#8 2 years ago

American Pinball's Customer Support was Awesome when we owned our Houdini !

#9 2 years ago

I just purchased a Houdini machine a couple weeks ago and had a few issues pop up and I worked with Dave and Josh on the issue and they were extremely helpful and got me up and running. My next purchase will be an Oktoberfest because of the game but even more so for the company and people behind the curtain. Thanks AP team!

#10 2 years ago

This is one of the reasons that I have both Houdini and Oktoberfest. Another reason is their unique, non-fan type of playfield layouts. Another is the non licenced themes. Another is... well... I think you get the idea.

Looking forward to seeing what the next title is.

#11 2 years ago

I have to agree. Their customer service is great! (so is the overall build quality of the machines).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-excellence-in-american-pinball-service?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.