(Topic ID: 213757)

Continental Cafe need some tech help on counters

By Rix7t7

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've been resurrecting this survivor and have come along way in getting it working. Have the schematic and a handful of parts from Steve Young. Most everything is working now except one function. I have been troubleshooting for many many hours the counter function that rolls the 10's over to the 100's wheel. It works on player two but not player one. The tens and hundreds do roll on their own but not the passing from one to the other after the 9 count.

I've been all over the schematic and am now focusing on relay X, add on first 100's unit, yellow and blue wire that I believe is switched by the counter wheel I suspect. The second player switch for the same is in that path which seems to work. I don't know which switch/ contacts in the counter that trigger this. Not really labelled on the schematic. I've done lots of visual inspections but don't see anything that is obvious.

Funny thing, I somehow trigger a state where the second player counter and wheel counted up by one point continuously all the way up past 1000. It was a great state for troubleshooting / testing but don't really know how I triggered that (fat fingers somewhere). Any chance that is a test mode that I can trigger, would be nice to have that mode to troubleshoot my issue above.

I'm also unsure how to properly add a second player to a game. I seem to get there by pushing the white and red buttons multiple times but it doesn't always work or stay engaged for two. It would be great if someone could share the proper way these games add a second player.

Thanks in advance, Rick

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Rix7t7:

I have been troubleshooting for many many hours the counter function that rolls the 10's over to the 100's wheel. It works on player two but not player one.

Diagnose the 9th position switch circuit on player one's 10 point reel with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Quoted from Rix7t7:

I'm also unsure how to properly add a second player to a game.

Just push the start button again or insert another coin.

To be more specific on either of these issues, I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#3 6 years ago

As noted by HowardR it is likely your 9th pos sw on the reel. Read more here: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

#4 6 years ago

Thanks Currieddog for the tip. LOL I read that document so many times I could write it. So this issue wouldn't be in the actual counter assembly itself?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Rix7t7:

actual counter assembly itself?

What exactly do mean by this? Maybe a pic.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continental-cafe-need-some-tech-help-on-counters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.