(Topic ID: 51592)

Contest: What are your buying rituals and routines? Win free crap for answering!

By jar155

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

Since I typically buy through Craigslist speed is essential to get the deals. I run and tell my wife (who just smiles and shakes her head) and then I rip the seats out of the van as fast I can and throw in the blue excersize mat for padding and a couple of blankets. I grab an assortment of tools while trying to text the (Weightlifting) neighbor to borrow his muscle for an hour promising him dinner if he helps me out. I then take off typically forgetting something critical like the address to which I have to call my wife and ask her to read it off to me. BUT the BEST part about picking up a new machine is the people I meet. The last pick-up I spent an hour and a half talking with they guy about pinball and the machine. He was retiring and moving to FL and the machines had been his babies for the last 10 years so he wanted to tell me the repair and upgrade history which I was happy to learn. Once I get them home and in the basement then I take the next couple of weeks going through and shopping them and fixing the small repairs and dialing them in. Of course as soon as I do I am thinking about what the next deal will be. Half the fun of the hobby is the hunt!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from NunjoBiznezz:

I've found that I'm much more efficient at assembling pinball machines than the manufacturers, I often have extra parts when I'm done. I place "extra" parts in a zip-lock bag in the cabinet and wait for the day I remember where they go.

+1 LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jesterfunhouse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contest-what-are-your-buying-rituals-and-routines-win-free-crap-for-answering?tu=jesterfunhouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.