Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BubbaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

Definitely don't quit the day job (and you mentioned you weren't going to) and at least give the new owners a chance. Might turn out to be a good thing. If not, split. Did they sell locally? Having both you and your spouse there might not be a good thing - both incomes tied to the same business. If it goes down hill, it will affect both of you.

Is there an opportunity to put pins on location, given you can get a pin and fix it up and put it out and perhaps make a few dollars that way? Maybe not a barcade, but maybe places like a pizza joint, etc.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from BubbaPin:

...I've thought about coin op, but don't know where to start, I assume you have to get tax permits for, and there needs to be someway to start other than walking up to a store and being like "can I put a pinball machine in here and give you 33cents on the dollar"
    Thank you for your response.

Perhaps reach out to Cary Hardy, given he's in your neck of the woods regarding pins on location. Not sure if he has location pins or just does repairs on the side, but maybe he can point you in the right direction.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from BubbaPin:

mbwalker
    Yeah thought about it, he's no super close, but close enough, but don't wanna bug him. I'll see if I can find some more locals, and if anything I'll send him a message and see if it's anything he'd be interested in. Thank you

Yeah, I was just thinking about just a few basic questions to get your feet wet. i.e. Do you need a tax stamp, operator vs. establishment cut, do you need a LLC, insurance (what if a pin burns the place down), etc. kind of stuff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contemplating-career-change?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.