Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BubbaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tophervette.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago

Very interesting read and good advice above. Like the OP, I obsess about getting things I restore to the next level, better than new. After playing a game, I begin thinking how I could make it better, or did I notice something not perfect. I just came from a well maintained pinball parlor. I have met the tech several times. He travels across several states and has a contract with multiple arcades. He has a significant stock of pinball parts, so that he can fix darn near anything. Of course it has taken him years to build up his business and get a great reputation. The point is, that like others have said, Owners only want the machines to collect money. They care less if it has weak flippers, or all the lights work or some targets don't score. I sink my quarters in and play. If I find that there are problems with a machine, I don't give it anymore quarters. Sometimes, I will tell the tech if he is there, that there is a problem. Usually his response is that the machine is not on the owners list, or he might look at it later.

I have had multiple careers in my life and now retired. Jobs come and go. Owners, managers, accountants only care about the bottom line. Especially the cost of employees. I worked in the oil industry for 9 years in Houston. I had 4 companies go bankrupt or get bought out and left me without a paycheck for months each time. What I learned was that it was easier to get hired, if you already have a job, than it is to be unemployed and looking for a job. It is always good to have side job skills (as you seem to have). Stay positive and do what ever it takes to take care of your family.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tophervette.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contemplating-career-change?tu=Tophervette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.