image_6.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have a potential trade local trade offer which I'd like to run by some folks. Let me start off by saying that I've not been looking to change things up and have hardly been playing at all this summer.

Here would be the trade...

My highly modified/chromed out Tron Pro for a 2-owner HUO perfect RFM and a VERY nice JM with no fade and basically perfect playfield. Both play perfect and are basically 'collector quality'. I've played the JM and is owned by my best pin-friend here in town. As far as I know it would be an even-up trade. My 2 sons have both played Buddy's perfect RFM and liked it more than they like Tron. The JM plays very fast so I'm thinking it may make up for losing the Tron.

Concerning my current line-up: I like my Tron a lot but it gets the least play between my STLE and LOTR-LE. I have a Hobbit SE on pre-order.

I'm not asking anyone to make a decision for me...I just am curious to hear some thoughts.

Thanks,

Darin

#2 8 years ago

Hey Darin,

Money-wise, that sounds like a reasonably fair trade - the Tron is probably worth a little over $5k, while the Johnny is probably worth a little over $2k and RFM is probably a shade over $3k.

Though I don't care for Tron, I don't think I'd make that trade. Johnny and RFM are both solid games, but they're both two-flipper games designed by George Gomez, just like your LOTR. I think that would make for a pretty bland collection, and Tron adds better diversity than those two combined.

That said, if you're tired of Tron and just want to try anything different, it seems like a pretty fair deal.

#3 8 years ago

You have nothing but Sterns as it is. Mix your collection up. A P2K and JM would certainly be more exciting than a Tron, especially if the former are in super nice shape.

#4 8 years ago

JM is a great game but RFM gets super boring very fast, very boring, very fast! I wouldn't trade a Tron for an RFM. Does he have another game to throw in with JM instead of RFM?

#5 8 years ago

If your kids are going to play the RFM then certainly consider the trade. The JM sounds nice. This is your second Tron, according to your history. You missed it the first time will you miss it again?

#6 8 years ago

That jm is really nice I've seen it well pics anyway.Jm is a really good game I would like another one day my rfm should be here tmmrw if all goes well I would go for it

#7 8 years ago

If your Tron is highly modified it's worth $6K+ the Tron probably $5K (no mods) depends on the mods I suppose.

#8 8 years ago

yeah, my Tron would be low $6k if I sold it. This RFM and JM are much nicer than average so would probably be more than average price-wise also.

#9 8 years ago

Here is a link to the JM: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-attn-all-rbion-owners

As I said, the RFM is perfect in every way.

The offer has been officially made now. Any other thoughts you can share would be great. Thanks.

#10 8 years ago

My daughter still hounds me, a year and a half later, for trading away RFM. I will, hopefully, have it back in a few weeks. If you enjoy playing pinball with the kids, RFM is a great choice. It's still the only pin that my daughter would switch on and play, when I wasn't around.

On the other hand. If you're not really sure about the trade, I'd encourage you to hold off. Every time I've been wishy washy about a trade/sale, and then done it, I regretted it. those games: RFM, and JM, will come up again if you decide to move forward at a later time.

#11 8 years ago

rfm is fun as hell at first but after about a month it gets really old quick.

#12 8 years ago

Hey what's up guys I'm the other end of this trade deal here's a little more info on the RFM and the JM. My Johnny Mnemonic has new cabinet decals,restored coin door, LEDs,mirror blades, GI OCD board purple LED strip above the glove, beautiful playfield, red flippers with black super bands,clear super posts, red Titan competition rubbers, red filter on the DMD, new spinner decal, rebuilt glove assembly, new lockdown side rails and legs, all LEDs in the back box as well as a spare glove switch and a uninstalled brand new set of ramps. I evaluate right around $2800-$3000 with everything.

The RFM is a true home is only it was bought by Ted Estes who bought it right off the line while he was still at WMS. The 2nd owner bought it in 2007 or so. Only update is the monitor amplifier board from the UK. The rest is 100% original and in minty shape. Has a spare set of ramps too. Only has a few hundred plays on it. I'd value it at about $3700-$3800

#13 8 years ago

Looks like a totally fair trade - if the kids prefer RFM to Tron, and you like JM it's not a bad choice. I prefer Tron to RFM or JM individually, but 2 games to one gives you more variety - and the kids have made their choice.

#14 8 years ago

Hey, Drewblood! I'm still pondering my options. Thanks for giving an explanation of the pins involved.

1 week later
#15 8 years ago

Trade completed everybody is happy I also scooped up a sweet HUO RBION with only 88 original plays in mint original shape it was quite the Saturday lol

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg
image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg
image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg
image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg
image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg
image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Sweet! Sounds like both parties are happy.

#17 8 years ago

Good trade. It's always nice to mix it up. JM is very underrated. RFM is fun. You should be happy.

#18 8 years ago

JM will make you a better player

#20 8 years ago

Overall, I think a great trade for both of us. The RFM seriously looks like it just got pulled from the box. Goodie bag still stapled inside! Even the manuals are pristine with no fade, wrinkle or anything. Like it just got printed. The JM is pretty darn near perfect too. Plays great and for anyone who knows Drewblood he has that thing playing perfect and looking amazing with mods and lights.

So far loving both pins and best thing is Tron is still local and now I have RBION local too that I can play.

#21 8 years ago

Modify the JM to avoid spinner rape and have a great time!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Modify the JM to avoid spinner rape and have a great time!

What do you mean?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contemplating-a-potential-trade-offer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.