Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BVM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

What's up with the container for sale? Anyone know this guy? He has been a member for quite a while. 54 pins

#2 12 years ago

I saw that too.. good list of pins there, but 65000 euro is double that in USD, isnt it?

I noticed he's a member since 2009..

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #4 12 years ago

Figure that all 54 are straight off route with issues and need shopping. some of those games are likely to be pretty worn (taf's for example). They are reimports so they are more difficult to sell compared to domestic. You also have a fair amount of duds in there (space jam, popeye, strikes n spares, baywatch).

At current conversion rates he is wanting 86541.50 + you have fees ontop of that.

that means you are averaging 1602 per game before taxes and fees. Most of those games are not even worth 2k after being shopped. From where i sit you stand to lose money if you bought that from him. The remaining games are not going to make enough. there are no mm's, mb's, afm's, cv's, etc.

#6 12 years ago

It's sold. And it was 37,750 euros, you just have to read on down. I mean it fluctuates some. But who is this guy, can someone find out? No way I would go meet someone in Antwerp with that much hard cash. Even without cash just for inspection I would not do it until we had someone tell us this guy is real, here are his references. You would have to have a plan in place to deal with US customs or it would be a huge additional expense. Please comment if you know this person or how to verify his(this specific person) legitimacy.

#7 12 years ago

To qoute the top of the ad. WITH 54 PINBALL MACHINES FOR 65000€ SHIPPING INCLUDED.

I am guessing he dropped it. On the side it says Price: EUR 32767.

At any rate I still say it wasn't worth it.

#9 12 years ago

Sold?

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I am guessing he dropped it. On the side it says Price: EUR 32767

ok yeah. so what is that $45k. shipped. and that is asking price, he might come down. I just want to find out if it is real or a scam.

#11 12 years ago

That is what he said.

#12 12 years ago

I tried to contact him, he wrote me back once and then didn't respond (seems to happen a lot when inquiring about any pin). I was going to fly over there to look at them. They are in Portugal. I asked him to clarify the price and how the transaction would work and haven't heard back.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from FatsoPilot:

I tried to contact him, he wrote me back once and then didn't respond (seems to happen a lot when inquiring about any pin). I was going to fly over there to look at them. They are in Portugal. I asked him to clarify the price and how the transaction would work and haven't heard back.

What he said . Let's fly over together, make a weekend of it! I have a really close friend in customs...

#14 12 years ago

Yeah, I also was told it was sold.....would be one hell of a purchase and you would need a good amount of storage!

#16 12 years ago

6 IJ. Fixed up in decent shape is close to 25k alone right?

#17 12 years ago

Well my calculator is broke...hell yeah! But you could make a video, open a storefront, have projects for ages, possibilities are endless. I am not dropping this kind of coin this year again though...on the other hand that latest warehouse raid Brian Kelley did looks so tempting.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

6 IJ. Fixed up in decent shape is close to 25k alone right?

6 super pin shop jobs at what 20-30 hours a piece? Even if nothing is broken that is 300 in parts/materials to clean them up.

How many of these games have bad displays? Need board repair? New coils? Optos? flipper rebuilds? Cracked ramps/plastics/faded cabinets? Damaged translights? Blown out inserts? How many of these things have some really bad hacks?

These are container games. Some might be nice, but expect them to be worn out 20 year old route games that need a lot of tlc.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

These are container games. Some might be nice, but expect them to be worn out 20 year old route games that need a lot of tlc.

I do. Could be fun if I could take a year off

#23 12 years ago

Odds are good most of the pins are either complete shit, or parts machines. There was a time when buying containers made sense. I haven't bought any myself, but from what I understand the overall quality of games got worse and worse to the point where there was nothing but shit.

Also, it's really easy to get scammed. The only way to know for sure would be to fly down and inspect them in person. And even then, customs has the right to unpack them all and they don't care how they pack them back up.

If it sounds too good to be true...

1 month later
    #24 11 years ago

If they are from Portugul and the guy is Jose or Marcel STAY AWAY
    still waiting for 6 games they owe me and the rest i received were good for landfill

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/container and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.