(Topic ID: 160778)

"Contact us for best pricing" isn't always accurate.

By sevenrites

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Maken
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WIZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 7 years ago

ratS

Quoted from Boiler415:

Disclaimer: I have never bought NIB. I may sometime in the future but have no immediate plans to buy.
    That being said, my favorite NIB pricing story involves WOZ. At one point in time both a friend and I were considering getting NIB WOZs. We were at a pin show with a WOZ distributor who had a sign that said: "Ask me about the show special WOZ pricing". We walked up and asked what the show special price was. The distro then quoted us MSRP. We pointed out the fact that there was no discount involved and were told "That's the price. Take it or leave it." We replied "so there's no actual show special?" And just got a blank stare. This happened at two different shows with the same distributor.

#72 7 years ago

ratS

Quoted from sevenrites:

Other than dropping the distributer's business name and real name, what details have I left out of what myself and others have experienced? I don't see the problem here. But since you won't let it go, I'm referring to one in Pennsylvania that distributes for JJP. I shouldn't have to get any more specific than that.
    I tried to like the guy after more than one unpleasant experience with him in person. I get it that he "supports charity" and it "takes work to setup for a show" and etc. but it's no free pass to act like a douche to people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WIZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contact-us-for-best-pricing-isnt-always-accurate?tu=WIZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.