(Topic ID: 281857)

contact switches failing

By handymanrichard

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

i have a number of leaf contact switches that refuse to keep working. I have checked there action and they seem fine. Filed the corrosion from them and they work for a little while then fail again. is there something that they can be cleaned with? Could it be that they are to warn down and a different base metal is now exposed?

#2 3 years ago

had that same problem last night no matter what I did it didn't fix them finally ended up replacing them. When I checked them with an ohm meter there was intermittent to no continuity between the leaf and the pad. Don't know of any other options to make them work again

#3 3 years ago

It depends on what type of contacts you are working on. If you file gold plated contacts they are ruined. Tungsten, I believe can be filed without permanent damage. There is more information at Pinwiki or Clays websites.

#4 3 years ago

Not sure what game, but remember that Wms assembled a lot of switches wrong. It’s a PIA, but often times remaking them so they are correctly assembled will help.

#5 3 years ago

The rivet on the end of both leaf blades can become a source of grief occasionally by no longer making good electrical contact with the leaf blade.

Take it out. Hammer it back down. Or solder it to the leaf blade.

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago

The name of the game I am referring to is Gottlieb, Golden Arrow, (1977)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contact-switches-failing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.