(Topic ID: 111545)

Contact insane sellers and try and talk sense into them?

By jcar302

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RavellevaR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

I agree with most of the advise above...

People just throw numbers out there, so you have to talk to them and negotiate with them a bit... "You know I've seen this pin before and it was $2500 but that was in perfect condition, if it wasn't across the country I might have gone $2500, but in this condition I can do $1500" or whatever the case may be...

Sometimes you'll find a guy who is unrealistic and unwilling to budge or you may find he was starting high just to settle lower... It's a great approach to selling unique products, but as a guy on the other side of things you have to either a) low ball so that you can negotiate to a fair price or b) settle on a number and be honest and clear that that's your final offer and just walk away... The problem I see most often comes when the seller starts high and the buyer comes along with a number in mind, say you were willing to pay $2500 as your final price and that's what you offered first, but then the seller offers it for $3000 and you're like "wow he came down a lot" and give up on your initial price of $2500 and end up paying 20% more... Either lowball in return and be willing to negotiate or offer your best and stay firm, willing to walk away... If you go the latter route, don't be surprised if you get a phone call a few days later asking if your offer still stands

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

The whole negotiating thing is while I like to look in the for sale section here on pinside
    Most people are realistic with their asking price and if they are not the price police clobber them anyway, lol. Leaves me never being the bad guy.

Negotiating isn't a matter of being nice or not... For a lot of people it's just a way of life... It's the niceness of us Americans who walk into a store and pay the asking price that gets us into trouble... I believe in variation in the market not standardization, it's up to the seller to demand the highest price and the buyer to strike the best deal... I'll take my capitalism over the communism any day!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RavellevaR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contact-insane-sellers-and-try-and-talk-sense-into-them?tu=RavellevaR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.