IMG_1404 (resized).JPG
IMG_1403 (resized).JPG
IMG_1402 (resized).JPG
IMG_1400 (resized).JPG
IMG_1401 (resized).JPG
IMG_1399 (resized).JPG
Contact-Full2 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

I've been looking online, in the papers, under rocks, and anywhere else I can to find a Williams Contact, 1978.

Last night, I'm searching on CL, and I see an ad! "Free Widebody Cabinet!" And I recognize that paint scheme, It's a contact! But come to find out the thing has been parted out. He tells me the game is worth more parted out than it is as a whole. To be fair he says the backglass is gone. Playfield glass no big deal. Backglass would be a little harder to come by.

Can this be possible? How much is a game worth parted out? How much work is involve in cutting up all the wiring - well, much easer to cut than to put back together!

If anyone has a Contact they're going to part out PLEASE let me bid on it before you do.

-Brian

#2 7 years ago

Unfortunately, yes, the parts of some games are more valuable than the game itself. Even worse, there are a few known "chop shops" that intentionally part out games that could otherwise be easily repaired.

I refuse to part out a game unless it's completely unsalvageable.

Heck, I rescued an Atari Superman with a cabinet that was basically rotting and falling apart. It took a fair amount of effort and searching, but I eventually found an empty backbox from one collector, and a body from another. So that game which could have easily been parted out will live again.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, yes, the parts of some games are more valuable than the game itself. Even worse, there are a few known "chop shops" that intentionally part out games that could otherwise be easily repaired.
I refuse to part out a game unless it's completely unsalvageable.
Heck, I rescued an Atari Superman with a cabinet that was basically rotting and falling apart. It took a fair amount of effort and searching, but I eventually found an empty backbox from one collector, and a body from another. So that game which could have easily been parted out will live again.

Well, I believe the guy when he says he looked around to find someone to buy it before parting it out. I'm just sad. That's all. The guy is being great about it though, says he'll practically give me the stuff to put it back together, but I"m afraid Humpty may be too far gone. >sniff<

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Well, I believe the guy when he says he looked around to find someone to buy it before parting it out. I'm just sad. That's all. The guy is being great about it though, says he'll practically give me the stuff to put it back together, but I"m afraid Humpty may be too far gone. >sniff<

He should have posted here or to one of the FL pinball groups. Unless he wanted way too much for it, I don't see how a project game would have taken too much time to sell. Project game listings near me are gone in under 10 minutes.

Do you have an idea of what's missing, aside from the backglass? I've actually seen a couple backglasses surface on ebay not too long ago.

Heck, I'm in the process of also restoring a T2 that was parted out--no boards and some playfield parts broken/missing. I think I have everything I need--just have to assemble, fire it up, and see what needs to be fixed.

So, if you have about 75% of the machine, I'd say it may be possible to put it back together

#5 7 years ago

Wd must have missed each other. I recently sold a mint HUO Contact on here. It was spectacular. Only got $1000.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Wd must have missed each other. I recently sold a mint HUO Contact on here. It was spectacular. Only got $1000.

Well, if anyone ELSE has one laying around, I know there was someone in Kansas or something that said they might sell theirs sometime this year. I'm just keeping my ear to the ground!

-Brian

#7 7 years ago

Sent you a PM. Let me know if you can still get the game and in what condition.

#8 7 years ago

I have a NOS Contact playfield (unpopulated) for 125 shipped, if you want it.

Contact-Full2 (resized).JPGContact-Full2 (resized).JPG

#10 7 years ago

I just might be interested in that playfield, it's likely to be a month or two before I'm going to need it- is this workable?

#12 7 years ago

I'm currently getting mine done up. I'd love that nos pf buy sadly this game will be a pump and dump after repairs. Wife issues.

#13 7 years ago

Hello. This is my first post on this site. Long story short my uncle is a hoarder and gave me a pinball machine and a slot machine for a house warming gift. Neither machine is working of course. Before I put a local add up on Craigslist I thought I'd look up this pinball machine. Leading me to this pinside site and eventually this thread.
I have a Williams's contact pinball machine. In what I believe to be original condition. I have the main game, 4 legs, the backs scoreboard piece and the glass. All the electronics seem to be in the game. I am no expert at these at all they actually drive me crazy playing hahaha. I will post pictures of what I have. Please let me know what you think it is worth/what I have. I am located 45 minutes north of Boston mass if anyone is seriously interested.

IMG_1399 (resized).JPGIMG_1399 (resized).JPG

IMG_1401 (resized).JPGIMG_1401 (resized).JPG

IMG_1400 (resized).JPGIMG_1400 (resized).JPG

IMG_1402 (resized).JPGIMG_1402 (resized).JPG

IMG_1403 (resized).JPGIMG_1403 (resized).JPG

IMG_1404 (resized).JPGIMG_1404 (resized).JPG

IMG_1406 (resized).JPGIMG_1406 (resized).JPG

IMG_1405 (resized).JPGIMG_1405 (resized).JPG

#14 7 years ago

Thats the second deluxe lockdown bar ive ever seen. Mine is the other one. Nice looking game, but why the tape on the uppost

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Thats the second deluxe lockdown bar ive ever seen. Mine is the other one. Nice looking game, but why the tape on the uppost

Probably because it malfunctioned in the "up" position and won't stay down.

#16 7 years ago

Cabinet front has been repainted it looks like, as force said, there is probably a problem with the up post, backglass looks pretty decent. If it works otherwise id say 400ish imho. ***just saw you said non working, so less. If you were local id shoot you an offer just to swap back glasses with me.

#17 7 years ago

I'd be intersted.. - But Shipping is going to make this a tough one. If you could put it in a crate, and somehow pack at least the Back Glass, the other glass - if it's there I wouldn't care so much about. If you're willing to ship it, I'll buy it.

-Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/contact-in-pieces and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.