(Topic ID: 103723)

Finally Done 12/17 :Construction on NH's newest home game room has started :)

By Max_Badazz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dec5_2.jpg
    dec5_3.jpg
    dec17_14.jpg
    dec5_4.jpg
    dec17_13.jpg
    dec17_15.jpg
    dec17_9.jpg
    dec17_11.jpg
    dec17_12.jpg
    dec17_10.jpg
    dec17_6.jpg
    dec17_7.jpg
    dec17_8.jpg
    dec17_5.jpg
    dec17_1.jpg
    dec17_3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

edited on 12/17

Some of my favorite discussions on Pinside are the ones about home game rooms (especially the Lets See Pics of your Game Room thread). I enjoy seeing what people have and like to get ideas for myself.

Finally this summer, it was time for me to get mine. Currently my game room is in the basement. Decent size, but has space wasters such as a full set of steps in the middle, furnace, hot water tank, oil tank, washer & drier, well water pump, etc. Low ceilings, cement floors, very few outlets, underpowered outlets, support columns, etc. Well all is about to change.

They started this week with the excavation. We are adding a mudroom to the house which will connect to the garage. House is higher than the driveway, so its 8 steps down and 5 steps up to the second floor which is the new game room. Steps are in the mudroom to maximize floor space in the room. I'll have a small 1/2 bath and a small kitchenette in the front corner. The rest is open space for games (no support columns). 28' x 36' with 8' walls and 15' cathedral ceiling..... Big Guns will fit with no issues (if I ever decide to get a Big Guns) Power outlets up the wazou including the walls and the floor (for islands of games), reinforced floor so the weight won't be an issue, and heating and cooling for the temp changes of New England.

I'll post progress pics as the construction moves along. Estimated completion date is early December.

#2 9 years ago

before it started (I did start the demo on the shed):

g2.PNGg2.PNG
    garage1.jpggarage1.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Ripping up the driveway

luci_garage.jpgluci_garage.jpg
    garage3.jpggarage3.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Digging for the foundation walls :

garage4.jpggarage4.jpg
    g7.jpgg7.jpg
    garage5.jpggarage5.jpg

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Wow, looks like your doubling the size of your house.

garage is four feet less (house is 40x28 and the garage is 28x36)...however the house has the angled roof on the 2nd floor that cuts away from space where as the garage doesn't....plus the mudroom.

#9 9 years ago

footing was added yesterday

garage9.jpggarage9.jpg
    garage11.jpggarage11.jpg

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

A Mud room is a place between garage and house to take off your coat and muddy boots. Sometime has laundry facilities too

Exactly.....there will be benches to take off shoes, coat hangers, baskets for hats and gloves, etc.

Right now everyone walks right into the kitchen.....no place to put shoes or jackets, so it gets wet and dirty fast.

#14 9 years ago

Frames for the concrete walls went up yesterday (they were working on them this morning at 7am too). Won't be many more updates for a while because they are going to be taking a break til late Oct to start on framing (working on another project somewhere else for the next few weeks)

garage1_9_24.jpggarage1_9_24.jpg
    garage2_9_24.jpggarage2_9_24.jpg

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

Love the addition, but why five steps up from the driveway?

its not....probably 8 from the driveway to be on the house and mud room level, then another 5 to get to the second floor.....kind of like a split level house. The driveway is lower than the first floor but higher than the basement floor, so its not a full set of steps up.

#18 9 years ago

no heated floors......the budget was way beyond what we wanted to do

#23 9 years ago

We will have a gas furnace with forced hot air and an ac unit for those hot summer days.

#24 9 years ago

Wall forms are off....back filling starts this week

garage_wall3.jpggarage_wall3.jpg
    garage_wall1.jpggarage_wall1.jpg
    garage_wall4.jpggarage_wall4.jpg

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

p.s, It really blew moving games in and out the old way

Not anymore...... will be either a 36" doorway or 48" into the gameroom....plus no more crazy 90 degree turn to avoid the deck steps or the corner of the metal bulkhead doors (aka the Sideart Slayer).

#28 9 years ago

well they filled in the trenches and added the gravel (and dug out where the columns will be). Slab will be poured next week. Not very exciting right now......framing will start in a couple weeks.

garage20.jpggarage20.jpg garage21.jpggarage21.jpg garage22.jpggarage22.jpg
    1 week later
    #31 9 years ago

poured the slab yesterday morning........ a little more excavation and then framing in a couple weeks

slab1.jpgslab1.jpg slab2.jpgslab2.jpg
    #36 9 years ago

It had dried before I got home to write in it

1 week later
    #40 9 years ago

Well they starting framing....here's some photos from yesterday's construction

oct20_1.jpgoct20_1.jpg oct20_2.jpgoct20_2.jpg oct20_3.jpgoct20_3.jpg oct20_4.jpgoct20_4.jpg
    #44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Is that space in the back of the garage area the mudroom? I would love to see the plan too if you don't mind.

The mudroom is the space between the garage and the house......there will be steps going up (8 risers) from the garage floor, then from the mudroom to the game room there are 5 risers.

#45 9 years ago

unfortunately rain has arrived in NH, which slowed down yesterday and cancelled today and tomorrow

However the sub floor is in and half of the exterior walls upstairs..... crane for the roof is coming next Wed

Last two pics are from the kitchen door which will soon lead to the mudroom

oct21_1.jpgoct21_1.jpg
    oct21_2.jpgoct21_2.jpg
    oct21_3.jpgoct21_3.jpg
    oct21_4.jpgoct21_4.jpg
    oct21_5_luci.jpgoct21_5_luci.jpg

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Could be worse......could be snow.

Bite your tongue

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

That's an understatement Major flooding, Rt 93 southbound closed due to flooding/accidents... I was looking for an Ark...

I saw there were a few accidents between exits 3 and 1.......they had cleared when I went by but still heavy traffic leftover. For a brand new highway, the drainage needs some work

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How you going to insulate the 2nd story floor?

They are going to box it in with heavy insulation, and all of the hot air ducts will run under there as well. There are no windows downstairs either and the furnace will be running, so it won't be too cold to start with. I went with carpet upstairs instead of tile to add a little warmth too.

#54 9 years ago

Here's progress pics from the end of last week 10/24

oct24_1.jpgoct24_1.jpg oct24_2.jpgoct24_2.jpg oct24_3.jpgoct24_3.jpg oct24_4.jpgoct24_4.jpg
    #55 9 years ago

What it looks like as of this morning 10/29

Starting to take shape

oct28_1.jpgoct28_1.jpg oct28_2.jpegoct28_2.jpeg oct28_3.jpgoct28_3.jpg
    #57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

looks awesome. the length of the bays are so long. will you be able to fit four cars in there?

Might have to angle them a little, but it should get 4 in there....though the back half will be storage (wood pellets), workbench, furnace, etc

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you looked into some bright yellow padding for those 2 metal posts. If one of those came down you'd be in a world of hurt.

there's a ton of width so the cars wont come close (plus we will never back in)...however I would like to paint them with a fun color.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You could wrap them in blinking led rope lights.

Those are being saved for the walls upstairs

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Art, seating and refreshment area, big screens...etc

Art...check (got over 100 pieces waiting to hang up...all arcade related)
    Refreshment area...check (will be a kitchenette and a small table in front of that window)
    Big screen....check (just had a thread about tv vs projector....going with a big tv in a designated area)

basically 1/2 the room is pins and games, while the front half is the tv area, kitchen, bathroom, pool table , dome hockey, and bowling alley (and the "poker room")

Might have a few more pics this week, but next week the inside starts so there will be more activity

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Draft system???

Not right away but in the plans.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now the big question.....what ya gonna do with the ceiling?

Well its vaulted, so I'll have a pair of ceiling fans to spin that hot air around. Those fans will have black lights in them. For the rest of the ceiling, nothing planned. I don't want to make it too junky with hanging stuff. I may have them install a pair of brackets to hold the rear theatre speakers in the tv area, but thats it.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

Now this I need to see!!!

Ask and you shall get....this is in the basement right now in the "old" arcade

262898_10150729066605144_8352724_n.jpg262898_10150729066605144_8352724_n.jpg 289648_10150731089295144_2418072_o.jpg289648_10150731089295144_2418072_o.jpg arcade4.jpgarcade4.jpg
    #81 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

You get that from Fun Spot?

Nope....built it from scratch.....real Brunswick alley (seconds) and real pins

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your going with black light carpet?

No, would be an extra $3-4k so that got scrapped

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Cost of building a bowling lane like that?

was a little over a $1000 ......... I got the alley boards from a fellow pinball collector friend (however Lumber Liquidators has cheap flooring that would work too). They were seconds as the manufacturer drilled them wrong (can't use in a real alley but perfect for mine). The pins are $1.50 each at the local bowling center. Can of white plastic spray paint ($5) and some red electricians tape ($2) made them like new. Double florescent light fixture in front of the pins ($20 bucks), and a few hundred in lumber. The ball return is 6" pvc sewer pipe (over $100 total for that). The AMF pindicator and dot matrix bar were not needed but didn't cost that much (both off ebay cheap). Some rope ($10), pulleys ($20), vinyl kickboard (for the gutters) ($15), and a pair of recycled rubber mats for the sides ($20), and BOOM..... homemade alley

Take away the pindicator, dot matrix screen, and the pvc pipe ball return (I did that because it crosses over under the alley due to the water pump and support column), and it was not much at all.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Oh my lanta . I am in love with that thing. Do you have any plans you used to build it? How does the pin spotter work? Sorry to derail this already Flippin awesome thread.

I had some candlepin alley plans that a company sent me....the rest was just figuring out how it would be done. I based it on skeeball, so the alley is around 12" high (whatever the exact skeeball height is) and the player stands on the ground and bowls like skeeball. The string pinsetter is based on european and western asian bowling lanes....also similar to Pro Striker machines in arcades. The ball return is gravity fed...the ball pit is angled to the side and the balls run down on a track consisting of two 1/2" diameter pvc pipes until it goes into the 6" diameter pipe. Right now the AMF Pindicator is nothing more than lit up for show.....I have ideas on how to individually light each pin based on the standing ones, but haven't bothered to try it yet. The string to reset the pins will get replaced with cable....the string was the prototype to test and I never changed it out.

#87 9 years ago

Video of it in action.... the strings in front will eventually be cleaned up and hidden from view above as having it hang looks like crap (but it works)

#88 9 years ago

view from the side door....I made a side door in case we want to play without the strings...they unhook and I have another set without the eyehooks. The door makes it easy to set them up.

#89 9 years ago

Weekend pics.......roof is done too (can't see it in the pictures). When I went outside this morning at 7, there was the team of builders (5 of them), plumbers (2), electricians (2), and gas company (1). Bathroom is being built now as well as the kitchenette. We walked through the game room and planned out all of the outlets

Nov1_1.jpgNov1_1.jpg Nov1_2.jpgNov1_2.jpg Nov1_3.jpgNov1_3.jpg
    #91 9 years ago

only 5 steps up and an extra wide doorway.... having a moving company take care of the basement to garage game parade

#93 9 years ago

there's only 5 steps from the second floor to the house main floor....the driveway is way lower than the house. The path from the driveway to the front door may/may not have any steps (haven't decided landscaping yet). Will be a couple to get into the house though, but I think its only three (depends on landscaping there too).

#102 9 years ago

Ed, I get tired just looking at your steps

#112 9 years ago

Anyone have any ideas for wiring multiple TV's in the room? I have a cable box in the main tv area, which will have HDMI output. If I want to send that to three tv's, whats the best way? There's regular coax to the other two tv's (the main tv is next to the box so it will get the usual HDMI cable). One tv is a good 50' of wire away, the other about 40+' away. I thought about hdmi to coax, but its hard to find much for that. I see HDMI to cat5 and back, which seems promising. Some converters (extenders) have two cat 5's, some say you only need one. Keep in mind I couldn't care less about quality and sound from the other two tv's, just the main (which should be fine because its the short hdmi cable)

#124 9 years ago

Extra boxes is not an option.....I pay so much to Comcast, these extra TVs might be used a couple times a month at most....not worth the $24 extra/mo.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

run the cable to have 3 boxes now so it's there

That just got done. Going with a single cat 6 (instead of the dual 5's). Can't wait til the sheetrock is up. Hopefully I will snap some pics tomorrow morning......with the time change, its dark before I get home and I forget to go out before they all show up at 6:45

#130 9 years ago

OK, I forgot I had a few pics at night..... not the greatest, but shows some progress on the bathroom (kitchenette is the outside of the wall...they are back to back)

nov3_1.jpgnov3_1.jpg
    nov3_2.jpgnov3_2.jpg
    nov3_3.jpgnov3_3.jpg

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

you have a good framer

They weren't the cheapest but not the most expensive...highly rated and a pleasure to work with. They are wicked efficient. I blink and BOOM!....HVAC is installed with the furnace

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

HDMI is pretty reliable with a good quality cable for about 30ft

We are looking at about 60' of line to one tv and about 45 to the other

#138 9 years ago

few more pics of the progress..... rough electrical is in, plumbing, cable, cat 6, hvac, I've got steps now, some siding, and the farmers porch is in progress. Windows and doors are up too. Visually its no longer exciting, but we are less than 4 weeks away from completion

nov5_1.jpgnov5_1.jpg nov5_2.jpgnov5_2.jpg nov5_3.jpgnov5_3.jpg nov5_5.jpgnov5_5.jpg nov5_10.jpgnov5_10.jpg nov5_14a.jpgnov5_14a.jpg
    #146 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I would love to know as well, although I don't expect to have him tell us.

I've had a half dozen people IM me about the cost....I don't mind saying it.

When the project is all said and done... $160k.

Now before you say WTF....keep in mind that there was a ton of extras added to the project beyond the garage that added up

we had all of the doors and windows replaced in the house
    we had the oil pipes/lines and some outdoor water faucets moved outside of the house
    we added the mudroom
    we added a big deck in the back
    we added a farmers porch in the front
    we upgraded all the windows, doors and storm doors from the basic model they were going to get
    electrical upgrades beyond belief
    we had the floor made to hold all the weight
    we requested 8' walls upstairs so the games cleared everywhere
    vaulted ceilings in the garage and mudroom
    repairs to the house in the back from last years ice
    landscaping of the front year
    removal of old shed and many trees

Remove all that extra stuff and the garage wasn't very costly

#149 9 years ago

We did get pretty much exactly what we wanted.....plus the house stuff needed to be done (the windows were original to the house from 1985). Saving on heat will offset the cost. I could have gone smaller, but then what good is a new game room that can't hold everything. The plan is to retire in this house, so we have a few decades left to enjoy it before that happens.

#151 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Did you leave room for my cot thought? I won't take up much room and I'll even bring a couple of games with me.

the front of the game room is mostly a tv area and some open floor space...plenty of room for a cot

#153 9 years ago

final layout (outlets are yellow dots, tv's are purple dots). The yellow dots in the middle are floor outlets (quad). I have five running down the center and one in the TV area for the kids to plug in crap or people to plug in electronics without tripping on cords

GR_layout_Take24_final_1a.pngGR_layout_Take24_final_1a.png
    #156 9 years ago
    Quoted from steve1515:

Can you post a picture of how they did the floor outlets? I'd like to see that.

They are not cut out yet...electrician was there this morning so they might be there when I get home. Wiring below is ready but he was waiting til the ceiling guys finished before putting bigger holes in the floor

#157 9 years ago

Insulation up (minus ceiling)

nov9_1.jpgnov9_1.jpg
    nov9_3.jpgnov9_3.jpg
    nov9_4.jpgnov9_4.jpg
    nov9_9.jpgnov9_9.jpg
    nov9_10.jpgnov9_10.jpg
    nov9_4-352.jpgnov9_4-352.jpg

#158 9 years ago

with ceiling insulation...outside is done too

nov11_2.jpgnov11_2.jpg nov11_3.jpgnov11_3.jpg nov10_1.jpgnov10_1.jpg nov11_4.jpgnov11_4.jpg
    #159 9 years ago

sheet rock this morning and the back deck is almost complete...we also have power in the bathroom

nov13_1.jpgnov13_1.jpg nov13_2.jpgnov13_2.jpg nov13_3.jpgnov13_3.jpg nov13_9.jpgnov13_9.jpg nov13_10.jpgnov13_10.jpg
    #162 9 years ago

I'm starting to get like my kids at Xmas.... can't wait. We picked out the tile flooring and carpet. We had wall colors but changed the flooring colors so back to picking wall colors. Lighting, kitchen and bath fixures, are all set. Cat 6 and coax in the walls, speaker wire in the walls. Booking the movers later today to haul the 6000 lbs worth of games up the steps to their new home

#165 9 years ago

The official answer is.... too much

Dec 3rd is hopefully move in day.....with numerous parties scheduled shortly after

#170 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love this thread!!! Such a great addition and a dream come true for many of us if it was our house. I cannot wait to see it finished. I had to show it to my girlfriend to remind her how supportive other wives/girlfriends can be. Thanks for posting!

Thanks..... I did this thread because I love looking at everyone else's game rooms. Same games inside but so many different ideas and themes. My wife rolls her eyes everytime we have to spend a little bit more...she's been supportive of this (especially after we get our first snow storm and her car is dry inside). She does not support the Vanilla Ice themed 'Ice Ice Bathroom'... but I stood firm on that

#171 9 years ago

here's a few more with the first round of mudding.... its slowing down since its now the detail work.

nov15_1.jpgnov15_1.jpg nov15_2.jpgnov15_2.jpg nov15_3.jpgnov15_3.jpg
    1 week later
    #179 9 years ago

all painted and the tile floors are in.... kitchenette and lighting is going in now (hopefully will have more pics tomorrow). Did a light green to brighten up the room, a light gray for the mudroom, and a blue arctic ice for the Vanilla Ice inspired Ice Ice Bathroom

nov23_1.jpgnov23_1.jpg nov23_2.jpgnov23_2.jpg nov23_3.jpgnov23_3.jpg nov23_4.jpgnov23_4.jpg nov23_5.jpgnov23_5.jpg
    #185 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that's nice. What color is the ceiling going to be again?

Ceiling is staying white

#186 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope it has an exhaust fan then.

It sure does... Matt can come by and dump on Monday (thats when the toilet gets hooked up)

#187 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, man. You had me until the paint.

Whats wrong with a light green?....makes the room look bigger and brightens it up.

Plus with all the crap I have to hang on the walls, you will hardly see it
    Movie posters based on games, animation cels from video game cartoons (like Saturday Supercade), arcade marquees, pinball translites, playfields, frames of pinball key fobs, old Atari cartridge boxes of games that were in arcades (like Pacman, DK, Frogger, etc) as well as a ton of pinball game boxes.....its going to be an art museum up there

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

LOL I hear ya. My thought is, with all the color you'll have in the room with the games, and all the colors on the walls, I would have gone with something more neutral.

I wanted some color pop, but not a crazy bright color (like orange or purple). This also had to get the approval of the boss (wife) since the color can be seen from her mudroom. She also picked the color of the carpeting because the steps are getting it which also are within her mudroom. She had no say in the Ice Ice Bathroom...that has to keep with the theme. Was going to do all white but liked the look of the ice blue

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The light green is just a little too "girly" for me. Sorry.

When all the tv's are on with sports, it will become manly

#192 9 years ago

Getting so close to finished.... going to have Thanksgiving dinner up there (after we clear it out and clean it). Carpet won't be installed til next week, so any mess on the floor is fine

Nov25_1.jpgNov25_1.jpg Nov25_2.jpgNov25_2.jpg Nov25_3.jpgNov25_3.jpg Nov25_4.jpgNov25_4.jpg Nov25_5.jpgNov25_5.jpg
    #195 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Am I the only one that is liking the garage more?

I will when I don't have to clean off my car from this snowstorm today

#198 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Have you broken the news to your wife that her side of the garage is your "machine overflow" area??!?!?!

LOL, her side can be the "workshop"

#199 9 years ago

Plumbing is finishing up today, carpet tomorrow, then the final electrical is Wed (they just need to finish the floor outlets that needed the carpet installed to level). Movers are coming Wed morning to get all the games up. Spent the weekend hanging 100's of arcade items to the walls....the green is disappearing. Pictures tonight. The Ice Ice Bathroom will be operational when I get home.

#200 9 years ago

Carpet going in now... started to hang some wall crap (lots of it).... need to adjust and straighten it all out once its all up

Movers come tomorrow

Dec1_1.jpgDec1_1.jpg Dec1_2.jpgDec1_2.jpg Dec1_3.jpgDec1_3.jpg
    #204 9 years ago

Let's get some close ups on your wall decor. I wanna see what goodies you have to hang up!

I'll get some good closeups once everything is done
    Here's a brief summary of what's up so far

picture 1 shows the pinball promo posters and some framed fobs (also some Tron stuff like movie posters)

picture 2 shows the Dragon's Lair/Space Ace corner with posters, marquees, and animation cels from the cartoon shows. The far right wall is where the tv area will be and the posters are of arcade themed movies (Joysticks, The Wizard, Wreck It Ralph, Super Mario Bros, SF2, etc)

picture 3 shows the pinball translites and playfields with some rows of arcade marquees

I hated putting holes in the wall.....they were so smooth, clean, and freshly painted. But I've been saving this crap for years to one day hang up. Of course I have way too much so some things will be cut and go into the kids playroom instead

#209 9 years ago

yes, there are floor outlets to have an island of pins. The wall to the left of the door as you walk in will have a few games too. the big wall will be where the bowling alley goes

Here's the aftermath of the movers....will get the legs on and arrange them over the next couple days. Also have to finish hanging more crap on the walls

dec3_5.jpgdec3_5.jpg dec3_4.jpgdec3_4.jpg dec3_3.jpgdec3_3.jpg dec3_2.jpgdec3_2.jpg dec3_1.jpgdec3_1.jpg
    #212 9 years ago
    Quoted from steve1515:

Can we see a close up of the floor outlets? I was wondering if they used a special floor receptacle?

I'll take a pic tonight. They are metal quad boxes that have screw on covers for the outlets when not in use.

#214 9 years ago

I have a team coming tomorrow to get everything assembled and leveled (bowling alley will take a couple weeks to move up there)

#216 9 years ago

well 5 of us stayed up til 1am to work on setting these up......they have not been leveled yet, but we'll tackle that the next week or two. These still are not final as I still have some things to finish, but its close

dec5_13.jpgdec5_13.jpg dec5_11.jpgdec5_11.jpg dec5_10.jpgdec5_10.jpg dec5_9.jpgdec5_9.jpg dec5_7.jpgdec5_7.jpg dec5_5.jpgdec5_5.jpg
    #225 9 years ago

I didn't say exclusively. Just a stop

I don't have a Pinball Circus

#227 9 years ago

WTF Matt...that was going to be later on

#228 9 years ago

Ice Ice Bathroom pics (now that Matt spoiled it) The walls are arctic blue with white fixtures for that ice feel

dec5_4.jpgdec5_4.jpg
    dec5_3.jpgdec5_3.jpg
    dec5_2.jpgdec5_2.jpg

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

Sorry!
    That's vanilla hand soap there folks....

LOL, forgot that was there!
    So when are you building the M.C. Hammer bathroom in your game room?

#238 9 years ago

I am part of a bad movie crew group that watches the best of the worst movies ever made....Cool as Ice is one of them. I wanted to make the bathroom have a bad movie theme and ended up just going with V Ice

#241 9 years ago

I should have more pics up tomorrow......I have most of the wall art up and the tv's are all hooked up. Figure its a good spot to do pics before the final push to complete the room (basically move the bowling alley up there)

#242 9 years ago

With the exception of the bowling alley (which the top lane is leaning against the wall), the game room is done. There are a few spots on the walls where I need to hang a few more things (couple shelves on order for the kitchenette, electronic dart board, and a few frames that went missing in the turmoil), but other than that, I am up and running Now I need to level the games and fix the DMD on SMB that went out (swapped with a working one but its still out)

dec17_4.jpgdec17_4.jpg dec17_3.jpgdec17_3.jpg dec17_2.jpgdec17_2.jpg dec17_1.jpgdec17_1.jpg
    #243 9 years ago

bunch more

dec17_8.jpgdec17_8.jpg dec17_7.jpgdec17_7.jpg dec17_5.jpgdec17_5.jpg dec17_6.jpgdec17_6.jpg
    #244 9 years ago

another four pack

dec17_12.jpgdec17_12.jpg dec17_11.jpgdec17_11.jpg dec17_10.jpgdec17_10.jpg dec17_9.jpgdec17_9.jpg
    #247 9 years ago

final ones for now

dec17_15.jpgdec17_15.jpg
    dec17_14.jpgdec17_14.jpg
    dec17_13.jpgdec17_13.jpg
    dec5_4.jpgdec5_4.jpg

#251 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

With everything in there now it doesn't look that big.

I said that last night when we had a game night..... should have gone bigger

#252 9 years ago

Your Joy Sticks movie poster made my day

Couldn't have a game room without one of those hanging

#258 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

One question - Was this thread in real time? What I mean is...did it really get done that quickly?

Yes it was real time.... broke ground on 9/18 and completed moving the games up on 12/3 (just in time to go on vacation for a week and not be able to use the room)

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Never tell people when you won't be home. I am sure someone will house sit.

That's why I didn't say anything til we came back... plus we had relatives stay at the house

#264 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedbass:

is that a frame full of activision patches?

yes it is..... and an old Wizard of Wor medal.....wish I had a copy of the pics that got sent in too

#266 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Nice arcade. Iron Lady Gaga?

Long story short......was modified as a joke, but everyone seems to like it so its been like that for about 4 months now

#273 9 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Is the bumper pool from Albany CL in the last couple months? If it was I was wanting it but no room for it - so I had to resist.

Nope, got it early this year on the NH Craig's List.... was $125 delivered. Since it weighs a ton (slate), that was worth it The poor movers had to lug it up to the new room too

#274 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

Can't wait to see pics of the bowling alley

I took it apart in the old basement game room this weekend....will try and have it reconstructed within the next few weeks. I need to slightly modify it (chop a few feet off the length) because the house is longer than the garage, extend the gutters since there's no water pump blocking it anymore, reroute the ball return (that's actually easy) because there's no water pump, and put a new cable/pulley pin setter in (I was still using the old test ropes). I also need to make it look nicer now that its no longer in the basement

#276 9 years ago

I killed the walls by using drywall screws to hold them in... used a few extra for the glass marquees. I hated to put a ton of holes in the brand new walls, but they were there to add this stuff from the start

#279 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Love it, but you gotta get that sideart fixed on Tron. Heat gun, goo gone, and a plastic scraper.

The new sideart is sitting in a tube downstairs..... wanted to wait til after the game was moved (just in case it got scratched)..which it didn't

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/construction-on-nhs-newest-home-game-room-has-started?tu=Max_Badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.