(Topic ID: 103723)

Finally Done 12/17 :Construction on NH's newest home game room has started :)

By Max_Badazz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 117 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dec5_2.jpg
    dec5_3.jpg
    dec17_14.jpg
    dec5_4.jpg
    dec17_13.jpg
    dec17_15.jpg
    dec17_9.jpg
    dec17_11.jpg
    dec17_12.jpg
    dec17_10.jpg
    dec17_6.jpg
    dec17_7.jpg
    dec17_8.jpg
    dec17_5.jpg
    dec17_1.jpg
    dec17_3.jpg

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Did you leave room for my cot thought? I won't take up much room and I'll even bring a couple of games with me.

the front of the game room is mostly a tv area and some open floor space...plenty of room for a cot

#152 4 years ago

Wow, that's really not that bad for all that you had done. I might have been close for just the garage though

I am sure it will be worth it in the end for you. 160K won't get much of a house in my area, and you certainly got a lot of things for your money!

I appreciate you sharing that with us.

Chris

#153 4 years ago

final layout (outlets are yellow dots, tv's are purple dots). The yellow dots in the middle are floor outlets (quad). I have five running down the center and one in the TV area for the kids to plug in crap or people to plug in electronics without tripping on cords

GR_layout_Take24_final_1a.png
    #154 4 years ago

Can you post a picture of how they did the floor outlets? I'd like to see that.

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

Not sure I agree with this being good. In the Northeast you want to see this area open so it can be filled with insulation. Wood allows too much thermal bridging. Not a big deal. Also depends on how you end up insulating the rest of the envelope. Just another opinion.

i was referring to the partition walls of the bathroom. hence the " inside corners" .

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from steve1515:

Can you post a picture of how they did the floor outlets? I'd like to see that.

They are not cut out yet...electrician was there this morning so they might be there when I get home. Wiring below is ready but he was waiting til the ceiling guys finished before putting bigger holes in the floor

#157 4 years ago

Insulation up (minus ceiling)

nov9_1.jpg
    nov9_3.jpg
    nov9_4.jpg
    nov9_9.jpg
    nov9_10.jpg
    nov9_4-352.jpg

#158 4 years ago

with ceiling insulation...outside is done too

nov11_2.jpg nov11_3.jpg nov10_1.jpg nov11_4.jpg
    #159 4 years ago

sheet rock this morning and the back deck is almost complete...we also have power in the bathroom

nov13_1.jpg nov13_2.jpg nov13_3.jpg nov13_9.jpg nov13_10.jpg
    #160 4 years ago

This is going to be one great addition to an already great looking home.

#161 4 years ago

drool

#162 4 years ago

I'm starting to get like my kids at Xmas.... can't wait. We picked out the tile flooring and carpet. We had wall colors but changed the flooring colors so back to picking wall colors. Lighting, kitchen and bath fixures, are all set. Cat 6 and coax in the walls, speaker wire in the walls. Booking the movers later today to haul the 6000 lbs worth of games up the steps to their new home

#163 4 years ago

Can you give us a idea of what this costs? I have a similar dream to do this.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

Can you give us a idea of what this costs? I have a similar dream to do this.

Answered already

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I've had a half dozen people IM me about the cost....I don't mind saying it.
    When the project is all said and done... $160k.
    Now before you say WTF....keep in mind that there was a ton of extras added to the project beyond the garage that added up
    we had all of the doors and windows replaced in the house
    we had the oil pipes/lines and some outdoor water faucets moved outside of the house
    we added the mudroom
    we added a big deck in the back
    we added a farmers porch in the front
    we upgraded all the windows, doors and storm doors from the basic model they were going to get
    electrical upgrades beyond belief
    we had the floor made to hold all the weight
    we requested 8' walls upstairs so the games cleared everywhere
    vaulted ceilings in the garage and mudroom
    repairs to the house in the back from last years ice
    landscaping of the front year
    removal of old shed and many trees
    Remove all that extra stuff and the garage wasn't very costly

#165 4 years ago

The official answer is.... too much

Dec 3rd is hopefully move in day.....with numerous parties scheduled shortly after

#166 4 years ago

They are cruising right along! Well done!

Chris

#167 4 years ago

An impressive plan and effort, Chris. It will be nice when done and looks like it will be done in time for Christmas.

#168 4 years ago

I love this thread!!! Such a great addition and a dream come true for many of us if it was our house. I cannot wait to see it finished. I had to show it to my girlfriend to remind her how supportive other wives/girlfriends can be. Thanks for posting!

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

The official answer is.... too much
    Dec 3rd is hopefully move in day.....with numerous parties scheduled shortly after

i actually dissagree, i think the cost per foot is awesome! your adding around 2000 sqft at 80/ft or pull the garage out and its at 160sq/ft . around here new builds like this start at 300+ per foot.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love this thread!!! Such a great addition and a dream come true for many of us if it was our house. I cannot wait to see it finished. I had to show it to my girlfriend to remind her how supportive other wives/girlfriends can be. Thanks for posting!

Thanks..... I did this thread because I love looking at everyone else's game rooms. Same games inside but so many different ideas and themes. My wife rolls her eyes everytime we have to spend a little bit more...she's been supportive of this (especially after we get our first snow storm and her car is dry inside). She does not support the Vanilla Ice themed 'Ice Ice Bathroom'... but I stood firm on that

#171 4 years ago

here's a few more with the first round of mudding.... its slowing down since its now the detail work.

nov15_1.jpg nov15_2.jpg nov15_3.jpg
    #174 4 years ago

Double ditto. Love it.

#176 4 years ago

Looks really really nice!

#178 4 years ago

I feel like a kid the week before Christmas, wanting so bad to open presents. But this time, I can't wait until you post the final pics/video of the completed project, with all the pins in there.

Are you going to put in any special lighting (black lights, LED, neon, etc.)? Or black-light carpet to give it that 80's arcade look?

#179 4 years ago

all painted and the tile floors are in.... kitchenette and lighting is going in now (hopefully will have more pics tomorrow). Did a light green to brighten up the room, a light gray for the mudroom, and a blue arctic ice for the Vanilla Ice inspired Ice Ice Bathroom

nov23_1.jpg nov23_2.jpg nov23_3.jpg nov23_4.jpg nov23_5.jpg
    #180 4 years ago

Packing my cot now.

#181 4 years ago

Dang that's nice. What color is the ceiling going to be again?

#182 4 years ago

I can't wait to take a dump in that Ice Ice Bathroom....

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from mattosborn:

I can't wait to take a dump in that Ice Ice Bathroom....

I hope it has an exhaust fan then.

#184 4 years ago

Sorry, man. You had me until the paint.

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

all painted and the tile floors are in.... kitchenette and lighting is going in now (hopefully will have more pics tomorrow). Did a light green to brighten up the room, a light gray for the mudroom, and a blue arctic ice for the Vanilla Ice inspired Ice Ice Bathroom

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that's nice. What color is the ceiling going to be again?

Ceiling is staying white

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope it has an exhaust fan then.

It sure does... Matt can come by and dump on Monday (thats when the toilet gets hooked up)

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sorry, man. You had me until the paint.

Whats wrong with a light green?....makes the room look bigger and brightens it up.

Plus with all the crap I have to hang on the walls, you will hardly see it
    Movie posters based on games, animation cels from video game cartoons (like Saturday Supercade), arcade marquees, pinball translites, playfields, frames of pinball key fobs, old Atari cartridge boxes of games that were in arcades (like Pacman, DK, Frogger, etc) as well as a ton of pinball game boxes.....its going to be an art museum up there

#188 4 years ago

LOL I hear ya. My thought is, with all the color you'll have in the room with the games, and all the colors on the walls, I would have gone with something more neutral.

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Whats wrong with a light green?....makes the room look bigger and brightens it up.
    Plus with all the crap I have to hang on the walls, you will hardly see it
    Movie posters based on games, animation cels from video game cartoons (like Saturday Supercade), arcade marquees, pinball translites, playfields, frames of pinball key fobs, old Atari cartridge boxes of games that were in arcades (like Pacman, DK, Frogger, etc) as well as a ton of pinball game boxes.....its going to be an art museum up there

#189 4 years ago

I should say, I love what you've done with everything and it was obvious, the contractors you hired really knew what they were doing. The light green is just a little too "girly" for me. Sorry.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

LOL I hear ya. My thought is, with all the color you'll have in the room with the games, and all the colors on the walls, I would have gone with something more neutral.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I wanted some color pop, but not a crazy bright color (like orange or purple). This also had to get the approval of the boss (wife) since the color can be seen from her mudroom. She also picked the color of the carpeting because the steps are getting it which also are within her mudroom. She had no say in the Ice Ice Bathroom...that has to keep with the theme. Was going to do all white but liked the look of the ice blue

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The light green is just a little too "girly" for me. Sorry.

When all the tv's are on with sports, it will become manly

#192 4 years ago

Getting so close to finished.... going to have Thanksgiving dinner up there (after we clear it out and clean it). Carpet won't be installed til next week, so any mess on the floor is fine

Nov25_1.jpg Nov25_2.jpg Nov25_3.jpg Nov25_4.jpg Nov25_5.jpg
    #193 4 years ago

Looking great. Love the color!!!

#194 4 years ago

Am I the only one that is liking the garage more? Max no offense intended but that garage is nice !!!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The light green is just a little too "girly" for me

Max or anyone in the NE area correct me if I am wrong but colors like this green are very common in the NH area?!!??
    I know my sister-in-law has a green like this in her house, another room is a purple and the another yellow. All sort of pastel tint!

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Am I the only one that is liking the garage more?

I will when I don't have to clean off my car from this snowstorm today

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I will when I don't have to clean off my car from this snowstorm today

Have you broken the news to your wife that her side of the garage is your "machine overflow" area??!?!?!

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Am I the only one that is liking the garage more? Max no offense intended but that garage is nice !!!

Maybe not more but if your a car guy like me I love to have one that size. Mine is only 24X36. But it does have a 10ft ceiling.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Have you broken the news to your wife that her side of the garage is your "machine overflow" area??!?!?!

LOL, her side can be the "workshop"

#199 4 years ago

Plumbing is finishing up today, carpet tomorrow, then the final electrical is Wed (they just need to finish the floor outlets that needed the carpet installed to level). Movers are coming Wed morning to get all the games up. Spent the weekend hanging 100's of arcade items to the walls....the green is disappearing. Pictures tonight. The Ice Ice Bathroom will be operational when I get home.

#200 4 years ago

Carpet going in now... started to hang some wall crap (lots of it).... need to adjust and straighten it all out once its all up

Movers come tomorrow

Dec1_1.jpg Dec1_2.jpg Dec1_3.jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside