(Topic ID: 103723)

Finally Done 12/17 :Construction on NH's newest home game room has started :)

By Max_Badazz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 117 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dec5_2.jpg
    dec5_3.jpg
    dec17_14.jpg
    dec5_4.jpg
    dec17_13.jpg
    dec17_15.jpg
    dec17_9.jpg
    dec17_11.jpg
    dec17_12.jpg
    dec17_10.jpg
    dec17_6.jpg
    dec17_7.jpg
    dec17_8.jpg
    dec17_5.jpg
    dec17_1.jpg
    dec17_3.jpg

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 4 years ago

How you going to insulate the 2nd story floor?

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How you going to insulate the 2nd story floor?

They are going to box it in with heavy insulation, and all of the hot air ducts will run under there as well. There are no windows downstairs either and the furnace will be running, so it won't be too cold to start with. I went with carpet upstairs instead of tile to add a little warmth too.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

They are going to box it in with heavy insulation, and all of the hot air ducts will run under there as well. There are no windows downstairs either and the furnace will be running, so it won't be too cold to start with. I went with carpet upstairs instead of tile to add a little warmth too.

Sounds good. I used 3/8 inch memory foam pad under my carpet, it acts as a vapor barrier and springs back much better then the chip foam. 3/8 inch is just soft enough for bare feet. Got it at Menards when they had their 11% rebate. The 11% rebate will start again this coming Sunday, Oct 26.

#54 4 years ago

Here's progress pics from the end of last week 10/24

oct24_1.jpg oct24_2.jpg oct24_3.jpg oct24_4.jpg
    #55 4 years ago

What it looks like as of this morning 10/29

Starting to take shape

oct28_1.jpg oct28_2.jpeg oct28_3.jpg
    #56 4 years ago

looks awesome. the length of the bays are so long. will you be able to fit four cars in there?

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

looks awesome. the length of the bays are so long. will you be able to fit four cars in there?

Might have to angle them a little, but it should get 4 in there....though the back half will be storage (wood pellets), workbench, furnace, etc

#58 4 years ago

Have you looked into some bright yellow padding for those 2 metal posts. If one of those came down you'd be in a world of hurt.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you looked into some bright yellow padding for those 2 metal posts. If one of those came down you'd be in a world of hurt.

there's a ton of width so the cars wont come close (plus we will never back in)...however I would like to paint them with a fun color.

#60 4 years ago

You could wrap them in blinking led rope lights.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You could wrap them in blinking led rope lights.

Those are being saved for the walls upstairs

#62 4 years ago

That area is so sweet! "Honey, I'll be working out in the garage".

It needs to be pimped to the 9's. Don't over do, but tastefully pimped. Art, seating and refreshment area, big screens...etc. No pressure. More pics please.

#63 4 years ago

I've been silently watching this thread from day 1. Really enjoying the updates, looking great!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Art, seating and refreshment area, big screens...etc

Art...check (got over 100 pieces waiting to hang up...all arcade related)
    Refreshment area...check (will be a kitchenette and a small table in front of that window)
    Big screen....check (just had a thread about tv vs projector....going with a big tv in a designated area)

basically 1/2 the room is pins and games, while the front half is the tv area, kitchen, bathroom, pool table , dome hockey, and bowling alley (and the "poker room")

Might have a few more pics this week, but next week the inside starts so there will be more activity

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Art...check (got over 100 pieces waiting to hang up...all arcade related)
    Refreshment area...check (will be a kitchenette and a small table in front of that window)
    Big screen....check (just had a thread about tv vs projector....going with a big tv in a designated area)
    basically 1/2 the room is pins and games, while the front half is the tv area, kitchen, bathroom, pool table , dome hockey, and bowling alley (and the "poker room")
    Might have a few more pics this week, but next week the inside starts so there will be more activity

Draft system??? after all I have family in Bedford so I plan on visiting you when I come up!!! By the looks of it I may stay at your place and visit them!

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Draft system???

Not right away but in the plans.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Not right away but in the plans.

actually a smart idea! When I redid my room the draft system went in first. Production on the rest of the room seemed to slow down a tad!

#68 4 years ago

Chris, great build! This will be so much better than getting out of your basement in the past! I remember-what-5, 6 years ago getting that Strike & Spares out of there-pure back wrenching torture. Keep the pix coming. Winter is coming!

#69 4 years ago

Sweet set up - progress looks great!

#70 4 years ago

Now this I need to see!!!

#71 4 years ago

Now the big question.....what ya gonna do with the ceiling?

#72 4 years ago

What a great project. Will enjoy watching this one.

#73 4 years ago

Always enjoy watching the progress of expansion projects such as this. You'll have an awesome room once finished. Please keep posting the pictures-a lot of us are living vicariously through you! Oh, and one other thing-whatever you do, DON'T do what that guy in Ohio over on KLOV did. He was building an out building to house his arcade. Had over 4000 posts, but he loved playing the victim. He was stressing out over every tiny detail and ultimately had a melt-down and pulled nearly all his posts off! Pretty sure there were some deeper mental issues going on with him, but that's another story. Anyway, best of luck and looks fantastic!

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now the big question.....what ya gonna do with the ceiling?

Well its vaulted, so I'll have a pair of ceiling fans to spin that hot air around. Those fans will have black lights in them. For the rest of the ceiling, nothing planned. I don't want to make it too junky with hanging stuff. I may have them install a pair of brackets to hold the rear theatre speakers in the tv area, but thats it.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from annointed:

Now this I need to see!!!

Ask and you shall get....this is in the basement right now in the "old" arcade

262898_10150729066605144_8352724_n.jpg 289648_10150731089295144_2418072_o.jpg arcade4.jpg
    #76 4 years ago

Sweet!! I think I am going to need to build one of these bowling lanes some day. Does it keep score?

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Ask and you shall get....this is in the basement right now in the "old" arcade

289648_10150731089295144_2418072... 36 KB

262898_10150729066605144_8352724... 45 KB

arcade4.jpg 50 KB

You get that from Fun Spot?

#79 4 years ago

Looks amazing!

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

fans will have black lights in them

Your going with black light carpet?

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

You get that from Fun Spot?

Nope....built it from scratch.....real Brunswick alley (seconds) and real pins

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your going with black light carpet?

No, would be an extra $3-4k so that got scrapped

#83 4 years ago

Cost of building a bowling lane like that?

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Cost of building a bowling lane like that?

was a little over a $1000 ......... I got the alley boards from a fellow pinball collector friend (however Lumber Liquidators has cheap flooring that would work too). They were seconds as the manufacturer drilled them wrong (can't use in a real alley but perfect for mine). The pins are $1.50 each at the local bowling center. Can of white plastic spray paint ($5) and some red electricians tape ($2) made them like new. Double florescent light fixture in front of the pins ($20 bucks), and a few hundred in lumber. The ball return is 6" pvc sewer pipe (over $100 total for that). The AMF pindicator and dot matrix bar were not needed but didn't cost that much (both off ebay cheap). Some rope ($10), pulleys ($20), vinyl kickboard (for the gutters) ($15), and a pair of recycled rubber mats for the sides ($20), and BOOM..... homemade alley

Take away the pindicator, dot matrix screen, and the pvc pipe ball return (I did that because it crosses over under the alley due to the water pump and support column), and it was not much at all.

#85 4 years ago

Oh my lanta . I am in love with that thing. Do you have any plans you used to build it? How does the pin spotter work? Sorry to derail this already Flippin awesome thread.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Oh my lanta . I am in love with that thing. Do you have any plans you used to build it? How does the pin spotter work? Sorry to derail this already Flippin awesome thread.

I had some candlepin alley plans that a company sent me....the rest was just figuring out how it would be done. I based it on skeeball, so the alley is around 12" high (whatever the exact skeeball height is) and the player stands on the ground and bowls like skeeball. The string pinsetter is based on european and western asian bowling lanes....also similar to Pro Striker machines in arcades. The ball return is gravity fed...the ball pit is angled to the side and the balls run down on a track consisting of two 1/2" diameter pvc pipes until it goes into the 6" diameter pipe. Right now the AMF Pindicator is nothing more than lit up for show.....I have ideas on how to individually light each pin based on the standing ones, but haven't bothered to try it yet. The string to reset the pins will get replaced with cable....the string was the prototype to test and I never changed it out.

#87 4 years ago

Video of it in action.... the strings in front will eventually be cleaned up and hidden from view above as having it hang looks like crap (but it works)

#88 4 years ago

view from the side door....I made a side door in case we want to play without the strings...they unhook and I have another set without the eyehooks. The door makes it easy to set them up.

#89 4 years ago

Weekend pics.......roof is done too (can't see it in the pictures). When I went outside this morning at 7, there was the team of builders (5 of them), plumbers (2), electricians (2), and gas company (1). Bathroom is being built now as well as the kitchenette. We walked through the game room and planned out all of the outlets

Nov1_1.jpg Nov1_2.jpg Nov1_3.jpg
    #90 4 years ago

I may have missed this but are you setting up a system to get the games upstairs easier? I love the set up so far and I am very jealous. Keep posting photos!

#91 4 years ago

only 5 steps up and an extra wide doorway.... having a moving company take care of the basement to garage game parade

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

only 5 steps up and an extra wide doorway.

I'm confused, if the games come in and go out via the garage, how many steps is that.

#93 4 years ago

there's only 5 steps from the second floor to the house main floor....the driveway is way lower than the house. The path from the driveway to the front door may/may not have any steps (haven't decided landscaping yet). Will be a couple to get into the house though, but I think its only three (depends on landscaping there too).

#94 4 years ago

You totally need the Amish elevator like PMWolf has!!!

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You totally need the Amish elevator like PMWolf has!!!

What is that? 2 Amish guys haul your games up and down for you. No really what is that?

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What is that? 2 Amish guys haul your games up and down for you. No really what is that?

It was a small elevator built by the local Amish people near Pete, small platform cutout wide enough to put a pin on and has a small motor to move the cables on the pulleys. Ill see if I can locate a pic.....

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

It was a small elevator built by the local Amish people near Pete, small platform cutout wide enough to put a pin on and has a small motor to move the cables on the pulleys. Ill see if I can locate a pic.....

Ohhhh kind of like a dumb waiter.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ohhhh kind of like a dumb waiter.

Like this! Edit----I dont believe that is Pete's though, I thought his had a bigger platform

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eK-_wBAMiVQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

#99 4 years ago

I see and with a 30X40 room he could wall it off and use it for a cloths closet when not needed. Cool.

#100 4 years ago

stop being wimps and carry them up the old fashion way like I do - I will try to post a picture if I can find one - ps: it does suck to carry them up and carry them down into my garage gameroom. I think my dimensions are 34 by 40. mine does not have 3 stairs though - I forget - but I think it is like 18 stairs. it does have 3 platforms to take breaks.

the killer was getting woz up there.

thanks ed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 320.00
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 89.99
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside