(Topic ID: 103723)

Finally Done 12/17 :Construction on NH's newest home game room has started :)

By Max_Badazz

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dec5_2.jpg
    dec5_3.jpg
    dec17_14.jpg
    dec5_4.jpg
    dec17_13.jpg
    dec17_15.jpg
    dec17_9.jpg
    dec17_11.jpg
    dec17_12.jpg
    dec17_10.jpg
    dec17_6.jpg
    dec17_7.jpg
    dec17_8.jpg
    dec17_5.jpg
    dec17_1.jpg
    dec17_3.jpg
    There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 9 years ago

edited on 12/17

Some of my favorite discussions on Pinside are the ones about home game rooms (especially the Lets See Pics of your Game Room thread). I enjoy seeing what people have and like to get ideas for myself.

Finally this summer, it was time for me to get mine. Currently my game room is in the basement. Decent size, but has space wasters such as a full set of steps in the middle, furnace, hot water tank, oil tank, washer & drier, well water pump, etc. Low ceilings, cement floors, very few outlets, underpowered outlets, support columns, etc. Well all is about to change.

They started this week with the excavation. We are adding a mudroom to the house which will connect to the garage. House is higher than the driveway, so its 8 steps down and 5 steps up to the second floor which is the new game room. Steps are in the mudroom to maximize floor space in the room. I'll have a small 1/2 bath and a small kitchenette in the front corner. The rest is open space for games (no support columns). 28' x 36' with 8' walls and 15' cathedral ceiling..... Big Guns will fit with no issues (if I ever decide to get a Big Guns) Power outlets up the wazou including the walls and the floor (for islands of games), reinforced floor so the weight won't be an issue, and heating and cooling for the temp changes of New England.

I'll post progress pics as the construction moves along. Estimated completion date is early December.

#2 9 years ago

before it started (I did start the demo on the shed):

g2.PNGg2.PNG
    garage1.jpggarage1.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Ripping up the driveway

luci_garage.jpgluci_garage.jpg
    garage3.jpggarage3.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Digging for the foundation walls :

garage4.jpggarage4.jpg
    g7.jpgg7.jpg
    garage5.jpggarage5.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Wow, looks like your doubling the size of your house.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadedl:

Wow, looks like your doubling the size of your house.

garage is four feet less (house is 40x28 and the garage is 28x36)...however the house has the angled roof on the 2nd floor that cuts away from space where as the garage doesn't....plus the mudroom.

#7 9 years ago

Dibs on first gameroom opening party invitation !!!icon_pinside.gificon_pinside.gif

#8 9 years ago

I had the pleasure of moving a game out of the old game room....I'm sure the new will be less back breaking! Ha! Looks great, congratulations. I'm insanely jealous.

#9 9 years ago

footing was added yesterday

garage9.jpggarage9.jpg
    garage11.jpggarage11.jpg

#10 9 years ago

What is a mudroom?? Or what makes it a mudroom? Looks awesome!!!

#11 9 years ago

A Mud room is a place between garage and house to take off your coat and muddy boots. Sometime has laundry facilities too

#12 9 years ago

looks great. Looking forward to watching the progress.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

A Mud room is a place between garage and house to take off your coat and muddy boots. Sometime has laundry facilities too

Exactly.....there will be benches to take off shoes, coat hangers, baskets for hats and gloves, etc.

Right now everyone walks right into the kitchen.....no place to put shoes or jackets, so it gets wet and dirty fast.

#14 9 years ago

Frames for the concrete walls went up yesterday (they were working on them this morning at 7am too). Won't be many more updates for a while because they are going to be taking a break til late Oct to start on framing (working on another project somewhere else for the next few weeks)

garage1_9_24.jpggarage1_9_24.jpg
    garage2_9_24.jpggarage2_9_24.jpg

#15 9 years ago

Love the addition, but why five steps up from the driveway?

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

Love the addition, but why five steps up from the driveway?

its not....probably 8 from the driveway to be on the house and mud room level, then another 5 to get to the second floor.....kind of like a split level house. The driveway is lower than the first floor but higher than the basement floor, so its not a full set of steps up.

#17 9 years ago

i get what your doing here, this is a well thought out plan. thought about in slab heat? even if you just run the pipes and leave the boiler or water tank until later.( my house has a bradley dual use hot water tank that heats with the water instead of glycol) slab heat also keeps the concrete dry once cured so ambient humidity gets absorbed by the concrete . a drain in the pad would be nice too, if you want to wash your car, or bath the dog in the garage also. .some buildings codes don't allow that but there are ways around it, pm me if interested.

#18 9 years ago

no heated floors......the budget was way beyond what we wanted to do

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

no heated floors......the budget was way beyond what we wanted to do

What kind of heat then?

#20 9 years ago

just run the pipe and DIY, run two zones, and zip tie it to the re-bar . u can do it man! and the pipe it cheap.

#21 9 years ago

so jealous !

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from ls1chris:

just run the pipe and DIY, run two zones, and zip tie it to the re-bar . u can do it man! and the pipe it cheap.

Never pass code.

#23 9 years ago

We will have a gas furnace with forced hot air and an ac unit for those hot summer days.

#24 9 years ago

Wall forms are off....back filling starts this week

garage_wall3.jpggarage_wall3.jpg
    garage_wall1.jpggarage_wall1.jpg
    garage_wall4.jpggarage_wall4.jpg

#25 9 years ago

Lookin good. I hope they compact the floor area really well so the doesn't crack.

#26 9 years ago

Good for you Chris! Looking good

p.s, It really blew moving games in and out the old way

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

p.s, It really blew moving games in and out the old way

Not anymore...... will be either a 36" doorway or 48" into the gameroom....plus no more crazy 90 degree turn to avoid the deck steps or the corner of the metal bulkhead doors (aka the Sideart Slayer).

#28 9 years ago

well they filled in the trenches and added the gravel (and dug out where the columns will be). Slab will be poured next week. Not very exciting right now......framing will start in a couple weeks.

garage20.jpggarage20.jpg garage21.jpggarage21.jpg garage22.jpggarage22.jpg
    #29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

well they filled in the trenches and added the gravel (and dug out where the columns will be). Slab will be poured next week. Not very exciting right now......framing will start in a couple weeks.

garage21.jpg 254 KB

garage20.jpg 240 KB

garage22.jpg 290 KB

Nice progress. I suppose your property taxes will be going up. Have any idea how much?

#30 9 years ago

Not in New Hampshire, we live free or die.

1 week later
    #31 9 years ago

poured the slab yesterday morning........ a little more excavation and then framing in a couple weeks

slab1.jpgslab1.jpg slab2.jpgslab2.jpg
    #32 9 years ago

make a secret bedroom exit for the top floor, maybe to a slide?

-c

#33 9 years ago

Did ya write your name and date in the cement?

#34 9 years ago

Or put a pinball in it?

#35 9 years ago

Nice man!!

#36 9 years ago

It had dried before I got home to write in it

#38 9 years ago

love the idea of putting a pinball in it , especially if it was just peeking through,(would weaken the cement too much though )

#39 9 years ago

Ok, just cut one in half and glue it somehow. It will be your secret!

1 week later
    #40 9 years ago

Well they starting framing....here's some photos from yesterday's construction

oct20_1.jpgoct20_1.jpg oct20_2.jpgoct20_2.jpg oct20_3.jpgoct20_3.jpg oct20_4.jpgoct20_4.jpg
    #41 9 years ago

I'll bet you wish all that could be all game room.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'll bet you wish all that could be all game room.

I know I do! Mine only holds 4

#43 9 years ago

Wow! Awesome. Can see what you mean by reinforced floors. Those beams are impressive. You probably could get two more cars up there. Is that space in the back of the garage area the mudroom? I would love to see the plan too if you don't mind.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Is that space in the back of the garage area the mudroom? I would love to see the plan too if you don't mind.

The mudroom is the space between the garage and the house......there will be steps going up (8 risers) from the garage floor, then from the mudroom to the game room there are 5 risers.

#45 9 years ago

unfortunately rain has arrived in NH, which slowed down yesterday and cancelled today and tomorrow

However the sub floor is in and half of the exterior walls upstairs..... crane for the roof is coming next Wed

Last two pics are from the kitchen door which will soon lead to the mudroom

oct21_1.jpgoct21_1.jpg
    oct21_2.jpgoct21_2.jpg
    oct21_3.jpgoct21_3.jpg
    oct21_4.jpgoct21_4.jpg
    oct21_5_luci.jpgoct21_5_luci.jpg

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

unfortunately rain has arrived in NH

That's an understatement Major flooding, Rt 93 southbound closed due to flooding/accidents... I was looking for an Ark...

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

That's an understatement Major flooding, Rt 93 southbound closed due to flooding/accidents... I was looking for an Ark...

Could be worse......could be snow.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Could be worse......could be snow.

Bite your tongue

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

I saw there were a few accidents between exits 3 and 1.......they had cleared when I went by but still heavy traffic leftover. For a brand new highway, the drainage needs some work

#50 9 years ago

2 stories? Nice!

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/construction-on-nhs-newest-home-game-room-has-started and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.