Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by andrewket
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

On my mobile (Safari) and desktop browser (Firefox) recently, I keep having to log into pinside again and again as it's logging me out after a short period of time. Never had to do before - started about a week ago.

I've heard about this happening occasionally, but never really got any idea what's causing this. The only thing that comes to mind is cookies and the way Safari handles them?

Let's analyze your setup. How many browsers and devices do you use with Pinside? Does it happen on all of them? Do you ever log out manually? What is the time between the session when you were logged in and the session where you come back to find yourself logge out? Days? Weeks?

Quoted from spinal:

Did something change on website code?

You posted this thread 4 days ago. We had no changes for at least 2 weeks at that time (we had an update with a rather large number of changes, but that was today).

#7 6 years ago

Haha, yes it does. Added to tomorrows to-do list

#9 6 years ago

It certainly isn't. We use a mechanism where a browser cookie keeps your session id and thus keeps you logged in.

Could you guys check to see if your cookie settings are perhaps the culprit? Maybe make an exception for cookies from Pinside? See if that helps?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I've got 6 cookies from pinside.com on this OS, and I think the issue may be pinsideSession. "Expires: When the browsing session ends", while all other pinside cookies have an expiry sometime in October.

That's how it's supposed to be. pinsideSession is supposed to last only for the session. The autologin works by reading the hash from a cookie named 'pinsideCookie' which has an expiring time of 1 month. In other words, if you don't visit Pinside for more than a month on a device, you will need to log on again on that device.

In your case, we'll need to figure out what going wrong. If you visit Pinside tomorrow and are logged out - please open your cookies panel and check if pinisdeCookie exists. If it does, please PM me its exact contents (please no screenshots, I hate typing hashes by hand )

Quoted from schudel5:

That probably explains why anything listed on page 2 or later of the forum does not follow my settings for page viewing.

This issue should be fixed now.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

A few weeks ago I never had to relogin to pinside each time (after half an hour or an hour of not using) - this was true on any device, mobile or laptop. Now I always have to login after some inactivity - every device. Something has changed for sure and it is still like this now.
    Please confirm that this is not the desired behaviour.

As mentioned in my previous post, your login cookie should last for a month.

Which browsers are you using on which devices? Are you on Safari? I can imagine if it's Safari that Apple pushed out an update over all their devices. Wasn't there mention of them removing tracking abilities etc? Maybe they somehow classify my login cookie as a tracking cookie and block it? Maybe I need to make changes to avoid that from occuring? Any web developers here to weigh in on this?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/constantly-logging-me-out-of-pinside-lately?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.