(Topic ID: 45560)

Is there a pin with better gameplay than shadow?

By Kneissl

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Let go of The Shadow?”

• Dude, Don't let go of the shadow! 23 votes
    52%
  • Here's a pin that puts shadow to shame: (posted below) 21 votes
    48%

(44 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I really consider Shadow to be the bees nees, And plan to let go of Earthshaker in the near future. I've been thinking about my options if I traded/sold the pair to pick up something a bit more expensive, and in the process slim down the lineup.
So the real question here to shadow lovers & haters: What games are out there that would be worth letting go of the shadow?

Thanks for the suggestions!

#2 11 years ago

I would sell the pair for $5k and buy the new trekkkkkie pin. Those old Williams don't last like they did back in the day.. Seriously did anyone actually watch that movie?

#3 11 years ago

That's a tough call. The Shadow may have bad art, but the game play looks amazing, and if you really enjoy it, why let it go?

#4 11 years ago

looking like shadow truly is the bees neez. Trek is a theme I like, but preorder is not my bag. STTNG is cool; is the Picard maneuver really much different or more satisfying than 2 shot shadow loop combo? plus there's 5 more shots to combo up on shadow.

#5 11 years ago

someone out there have anything bad to say about shadow?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

someone out there have anything bad to say about Shadow?

Not necessarily bad, but I'm not too crazy about the Battlefield...lots of games I'd rather have over a Shadow. It is an awesome game nevertheless.

#7 11 years ago

I would say Shadow is.......alright. It's not my favorite or even in my top 20 but it is a good pin.

STTNG is WAY better IMHO.

Personally I'd rather have a JD, Congo, JM or maybe even a JP or Dr. Who, but I'm sure I'm not the norm.

#8 11 years ago

Hey,

I'll say for the price, I can't really think of a better game. If you want to pony up some more money, then there are others, yes.

Luke

#9 11 years ago

Nice trade for a Scared Stiff....

#10 11 years ago

for it's price range it's in the top 5, over all though there's a lot of better pins but they cost more

#11 11 years ago

Trade your Whirlwind for a JD. Talk about a pin with tons of shots plus good humor. Oh and keep Shadow.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

is the Picard maneuver really much different or more satisfying than 2 shot Shadow loop combo?

It's easier (still not super easy) and it's very satisfying if you hit it into the ship for a super jackpot in multiball.

#13 11 years ago

Shadow is a great game that is tough to find in nice shape. Dump the ES to help fund your next pin if you need to sell something

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

someone out there have anything bad to say about Shadow?

I personally didn't like it. I tried and tried, but it wasn't for me. So, I get while people love it though.

#15 11 years ago

Looking at your collection, The Shadow is the absolute last game I'd sell if I were you.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Looking at your collection, The Shadow is the absolute last game I'd sell if I were you.

Yah, like I said I think it's great.. was just thinking maybe there's this slam dunk pin out there i've overlooked that would be worth going for.

#17 11 years ago

Well I'd say WPT and NBA Fastbreak

Speaking of "slam dunk" pins....

1 week later
#18 11 years ago

The shadow is to awesome to get rid of. I'll never get rid of mine. There is a forum in here where a guy brassed out his ramps and wires. Looks amazing.

Some other great pins

Bram stokers Dracula
Whitewater
Lord of the rings
Congo

#19 11 years ago

Its all about what you like, not what the top rated games are. If its a keeper in your mind, hold tight!

#20 11 years ago

The Shadow seems plenty loved by some and even more hated by others. It's way overpopulated imo. It has a purpose and it's nice to see a game out there with it's own personality. Personally I'd have to virtually get one for free to bite the bullet. Keep your FT if it's in good condition. That's the best game for the money imo. Fast and fun. Almost as punishing as The shadow and it actually has a great sense of humor. To me The Shadow has convoluted gameplay and makes it more of a chore than an escape to play. If I ran tournaments I'd definitely want one though.

WH20, whirlwind, LOTR, Sttng, It's so early, I'll update more with some games that I'd rather have that aren't too expensive.

Post edited by FiveSixPyro

#21 11 years ago

Shadow is a keeper.

#22 11 years ago

JD sold it but haven't left the house and I'm Savin up for the new Trekkie pin so sell and save up for a new stern is your best bet

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

for it's price range it's in the top 5,

Possibility of finding a nice one for sale in Melbourne or Aus? next to zero.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

looking like Shadow truly is the bees neez. Trek is a theme I like, but preorder is not my bag. STTNG is cool; is the Picard maneuver really much different or more satisfying than 2 shot Shadow loop combo? plus there's 5 more shots to combo up on Shadow.

I love the shadow. The theme and art is not so great. But the game is just fantastic. I think sttng is superior but not by much. The Picard maneuver seems more satisfying and getting warp 9 definitely is more satisfying than shadow loops. Super vengeance is pretty satisfying though.

#25 11 years ago

We love our Shadow. My huband is just completing a shop on ours. Was able to replace all the plastics but one, I will get a new set when CPR comes out with them. The first time we played it out in the wild, after that I had to own one. I do not see it leaving our collection anytime soon!

#26 11 years ago

I actually like Shadow more than Sttng. STTNG is also a great game.

#27 11 years ago

Quit saying "bees neez".

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Quit saying "bees neez".

Stay on topic & try smoking less wrinklestick.

STTNG is a rock solid game, I dunno about those wonky slingshots and outlanes. I have my shadow outlanes wide open and it seems like STTNG is worse. I saw the dude that posted his brassed shadow ramps, that's the way to go.
Anyone have an opinion on NGG? I played a quick round once.. does anyone think it holds a candle in the wind to Shadow? gameplay seems out of character for a lawlor pin.

#29 11 years ago

BSD is waaaay better than Shadow!

#30 11 years ago

I sold my BSD for a shadow and was happy with the move. Drac is a great game, but I think shadow has more shots and rules that give a little more sense of accomplishment. Even with powerful 'one more game' factor on BSD I got worn down watching a double stack drain out over and over just one shot from hitting the triple. Great game, and worth owning both if you can imo.

#31 11 years ago

First that comes to mind is STTNG. Also games like LOTR, IJ, AFM, and TAF I think have better gameplay.

#32 11 years ago

Yes. Rollergames.

#33 11 years ago

Search deep within yourself, I think you already know the answer.

#34 11 years ago

ACDC, Tron, and LOTR I like better. I had a Shadow..........don't get me wrong it's a great game.

#35 11 years ago

Shadow is a great game! And in my opinion the best bang for the buck! Sure, as others have mentioned WH2O, ACDC, TRON, MB, etc.. may be better players but you're comparing Apples to Oranges from a cost standpoint! Heck, you might as well throw in MM & BBB while you're at it if price doesn't matter!

Keep the Shadow unless you are willing to make a substantial financial investment. Get an alternate translite and enjoy the game!

My .02

Brad

#36 11 years ago

Would only consider keeping Shadow with an alternate translite....

#37 11 years ago

I had the alternate translite week 1. Would love the translite that rplante has as his avitar.

#38 11 years ago

Shadow is a decent pin. I can think of a lot that play better though...quite a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolidate-tradesell-shadow-es-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.