Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Consolation Bracket Voting - Round 3”

• (33) Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle VS 134 votes
      6%
    • (49) The Getaway: High Speed II 143 votes
      7%
    • (31) The Hobbit VS 115 votes
      5%
    • (47) Whirlwind 151 votes
      7%
    • (35) Creature of the Black Lagoon VS 185 votes
      9%
    • (46) Big Bang Bar 75 votes
      4%
    • (29) Cirqus Voltaire VS 143 votes
      7%
    • (13) Elvira's House of Horrors 114 votes
      5%
    • (37) Black Knight - Swords of Rage VS 102 votes
      5%
    • (44) Bram Stoker's Dracula 157 votes
      7%
    • (38) FunHouse VS 138 votes
      7%
    • (43) Total Nuclear Annihilation 123 votes
      6%
    • (39) Cactus Canyon VS 136 votes
      6%
    • (42) Guardians of the Galaxy 123 votes
      6%
    • (40) Game of Thrones VS 121 votes
      6%
    • (41) Star Wars (Stern) 134 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 2094 votes by 313 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200327_225739 (resized).jpg
    7390907F-CE72-40DD-8725-92B19106337A.gif
    HairyBetterDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif
    Consolation Bracket (resized).JPG
    Consolation Bracket Matchups3 (resized).JPG
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Let's be honest. I'd be shocked if half the votes on that have ever played ACNC.

Same with the Hobbit, but even more so with ACNC. But I wouldn't trade my ACNC for two HSII's.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I'm willing to bet way more people have played and are familiar with HSII and WW than either Hobbit or ACNC--including myself. Didn't like Hobbit, have yet to play ACNC.

Just curiously, did you then choose to skip that vote or choose the one you've played as I assume is human nature and done by a lot of folks

#53 4 years ago

A little over two hours until voting closes.

#54 4 years ago

Voting has closed. Round 4 voting for the consolation bracket will open shortly.

#55 4 years ago

Missed it by two minutes from watching the new Mad Max movie.... worst ever !

#56 4 years ago

Round 4 coming within 10 minutes...

#57 4 years ago

Is it weird that I keep refreshing looking for round 4?

#58 4 years ago

Working on it. Should have it done by the top of the hour. I decided to work on the winner's bracket first.

Round 4 in the winner's bracket has been posted.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Just curiously, did you then choose to skip that vote or choose the one you've played as I assume is human nature and done by a lot of folks

Good question. I have not really been knocked out by any Spooky I've played--I'm hoping ACNC changes that but I have not found one to try. I like HSII a lot--voted for it.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

Just curiously, did you then choose to skip that vote....

I've personally skipped all consolation round voting because I don't understand the point of them
    They lost already.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I've personally skipped all consolation round voting because I don't understand the point of them
    They lost already.

If we had done it coming out of every round it could have provided a better overall starting seeding to run the brackets again. The main bracket has been boring chalk for the last two rounds. The hivemind still believes MM is the greatest game of all time.

I'm also amazed at the number of people who have played CC and could vote for it. I have close to 100 games on an emulated CC and it's nothing special. CCC is a big improvement and I have a bunch of games on that also. Even then it's nothing I would keep in my collection.

#63 4 years ago

It's all good!
    Like I said above, I would have never owned a JJ Hobbit LE if I hadn't got it for the price I did. I can afford to spend 9.5 grand on a Pinball machine, but I have a limit on what a pinball machine is worth to me. And that's too much! So thank you haters!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's all good!
    Like I said above, I would have never owned a JJ Hobbit LE if I hadn't got it for the price I did. I can afford to spend 9 grand on a Pinball machine, but I have a limit on what a pinball machine is worth to me. And that's too much!

Right there with you. My Hobbit LE is bolted to the floor. It had 200 games played when I got it and I got it for well under what people are paying for 30 year old games with 25,000+ games on them. Some folks just like to chop wood and flap the flappers. Then there are us who enjoy depth, balanced scoring, solid rules, no linear play, etc...

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reaper802:

Right there with you. May Hobbit LE is bolted to the floor. It had 200 games played when I got it and I got it for well under what people are paying for 30 year old games with 25,000+ games on them. Some folks just like to chop wood and flap the flappers. Then there are us who enjoy depth, balanced scoring, solid rules, no linear play, etc...

And awesome theme integration, video, audio, light show, toys and art work! I also like the wide body layout!
    *** You haters out there need to run down JJP POTC so I can pick up one of those for cheap next!

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.