Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Outlane
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Consolation Bracket Voting - Round 3”

• (33) Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle VS 134 votes
      6%
    • (49) The Getaway: High Speed II 143 votes
      7%
    • (31) The Hobbit VS 115 votes
      5%
    • (47) Whirlwind 151 votes
      7%
    • (35) Creature of the Black Lagoon VS 185 votes
      9%
    • (46) Big Bang Bar 75 votes
      4%
    • (29) Cirqus Voltaire VS 143 votes
      7%
    • (13) Elvira's House of Horrors 114 votes
      5%
    • (37) Black Knight - Swords of Rage VS 102 votes
      5%
    • (44) Bram Stoker's Dracula 157 votes
      7%
    • (38) FunHouse VS 138 votes
      7%
    • (43) Total Nuclear Annihilation 123 votes
      6%
    • (39) Cactus Canyon VS 136 votes
      6%
    • (42) Guardians of the Galaxy 123 votes
      6%
    • (40) Game of Thrones VS 121 votes
      6%
    • (41) Star Wars (Stern) 134 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 2094 votes by 313 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200327_225739 (resized).jpg
    7390907F-CE72-40DD-8725-92B19106337A.gif
    HairyBetterDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif
    Consolation Bracket (resized).JPG
    Consolation Bracket Matchups3 (resized).JPG
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

** Round 3 voting has ended - link to Round 4 is below**

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone,

Round 3 (Sweet Sixteen, or is it Stinky Sixteen?) of the consolation bracket is ready to go. Voting ends Saturday night at 10pm EST/7pm PST.

Updated matches and bracket are below. Enjoy!
    Consolation Bracket Matchups3 (resized).JPGConsolation Bracket Matchups3 (resized).JPGConsolation Bracket (resized).JPGConsolation Bracket (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago

One last bump for the night.

Thanks again for everyone's participating; both in the winner and consolation brackets.

Good night everyone.

#3 4 years ago

It's not the sweet 16 if you lose for sure
    SW vs GOT ...toughy

#5 4 years ago

Stinky 16 bump

#6 4 years ago

A lot of lower ranked games in the lead at the moment. I wonder if this voting is on purpose?

#7 4 years ago

Wow Funhouse is losing, genuinely shocked

#8 4 years ago

Rudy Rudy Rudy

#9 4 years ago

I agree with the shock regarding Funhouse. I’ll add that I’m shocked Hobbit is being beat by Whirlwind. Luv them both, but had to vote Hobbit in that matchup.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from oPinsesame:

Rudy Rudy Rudy

You need to start the chant slower.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from MMGB:

I agree with the shock regarding Funhouse. I’ll add that I’m shocked Hobbit is being beat by Whirlwind. Luv them both, but had to vote Hobbit in that matchup.

Hobbit being beat by whirlwind is laughing stock.
    But I'm glad cause that's why I own one! Got a $9500.00 machine (LE counting upgrades) for $6700.00

#12 4 years ago

#13 4 years ago

Dude....where is the Dude’s pin!

Ah ok he made the big boy voting round - maybe would fair better here with Aliens, etc.

7390907F-CE72-40DD-8725-92B19106337A.gif7390907F-CE72-40DD-8725-92B19106337A.gif

#14 4 years ago
    HairyBetterDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gifHairyBetterDeviltasmanian-size_restricted.gif
    #15 4 years ago

I’m not usually one to comment on other’s opinions, we’re all entitled. But y’all voting for The Getaway are out of your god damned minds. And I love Steve Ritchie games.

#16 4 years ago

There are some MAJOR upsets brewing!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Restores my faith in Pinside. Whirlwind is pure pinball goodness.

#18 4 years ago

The Hobbit is a great game!
    But there is no other game that I know which makes me think "dang one more game!" than Whirlwind.
    It is also the most played game at the moment by guests and myself, so had to vote Whirlwind
    Keep coming back to that one..

I agree on most of the list

20200327_225739 (resized).jpg20200327_225739 (resized).jpg
    #19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

There are some MAJOR upsets brewing!

Votes truly count in this round.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

A lot of lower ranked games in the lead at the moment. I wonder if this voting is on purpose?

Nah...some of these " lower ranked " games are serious fun....BSD and Whirlwind are legit...

#21 4 years ago

Funhouse is great, of that there is no doubt, but TNA is greater. 4-player family co-op for the... well, not winning the game, but you get the idea.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nah...some of these " lower ranked " games are serious fun....BSD and Whirlwind are legit...

I voted for those too.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

out of your god damned minds.

This is a valid point. I rarely even know what day it is!

Schoooool's out for Summmmer...and those other seasons too.

#24 4 years ago

Tonight, I will smoke and drink and not leave home at all!

#25 4 years ago

cant believe GOT is losing to Star Wars tbh

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Restores my faith in Pinside. Whirlwind is pure pinball goodness.

Ya, it's a good one.
    But Hobbit is magical, deep and about the most beautiful pin ever made. Certainly the best theme integration ever. You have to own one to appreciate it. Severely under rated! I would never sell my Hobbit for a Whirlwind. But I would own both! In fact, I'm on the hunt for a Whirlwind now.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I've got both--complete with ridiculously overpriced toppers and subwoofer upgrades. I love both games, and both themes are (for me) timeless.

This one made me stop and think. And as much as I love hearing "Choose your house!" and all the other things about GOT that make it such an epic game, I ultimately had to vote for SW just because it has a little more of that one-more-game feel to it.

Then again, I currently can't stop playing Stranger Things, while my JPLE sits ignored right next to it...so take my opinion for what it's worth.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Battle of the multipliers. I think GOT is a little more technical and less crazy than SW, which might make people gravitate away from it.
    Edit: oh wait, people don't like the art on GOT.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Battle of the multipliers.

Ya, even the local pinheads I met don't understand that part about SW. But that is an awesome feature.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, even the local pinheads I met don't understand that part about SW. But that is an awesome feature.

The good part is, that we keep trying to explain to people, is you don't need to know anything aboot them to enjoy the game.

#31 4 years ago

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

But I'm glad cause that's why I own one! Got a $9500.00 machine (LE counting upgrades) for $6700.00

unfortunately, it's still a Hobitt......

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

unfortunately, it's still a Hobitt......

Ya, people that don't know how to set up a pinball machine have problems with it being floaty and playing shitty.

#34 4 years ago

If voting stopped now, I'd be 6-2

#35 4 years ago

I know this if for fun......

However, this is a pure numbers game: if 7200 plus Whirlwind machines were purchased (& now privately held) vs Hobbit 2000 made. I imagine if you own Whirlwind you are voting for it.

Tough for Hobbit to win.(FYI both are OK machines for me & I own neither).

#36 4 years ago

IMO, WW is way more fun to play than Hobbit, I'd hope it does "win". Maybe my fav Lawlor pin.

#37 4 years ago

I am completely baffled on how Getaway 2 is beating ACNC. I love Getaway, but it can't hold a candle to ACNC. It is obvious that Getaway is getting a lot of votes from people who have never played Alice Cooper. Crazy..

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

I am completely baffled on how Getaway 2 is beating ACNC.

People LOVE that game. Wouldn't beat HS for me but the people speak.
    Probably some people played ACNC at shows before it was done like I did, worst game I've ever played.

#39 4 years ago

Less than 24 hours until voting closes.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

People LOVE that game. Wouldn't beat HS for me but the people speak.
    Probably some people played ACNC at shows before it was done like I did, worst game I've ever played.

Ya, same thing happened to me at PATZ Apr, 2018. Reason was, low voltage. Flippers couldn't make the ramps and slings were a joke. The staff on hand had no idea because they didn't know the game. Also code way, way too early. Hell, the last code update in Feb 2020, finally fixed the damn memory leak! Now this game is were it should have been when they revealed it. Too bad. I own one. Awesome game!
    Also, how many ACNC are there in the wild? Most people never seen one.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, same thing happened to me at PATZ Apr, 2018....Most people never seen one.

Haha that's the one.
    Only one I've ever seen personally

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha that's the one.
    Only one I've ever seen personally

Well, you got a shit sandwich then!

#43 4 years ago

Maybe I'll bring my ACNC to VFW in Sep. Then, you can see a real one (nicely modded too)!

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Votes truly count in this round.

Lol. True! I just can't believe some of these are winning.

Some of the newer pins are getting knocked down by the classics. I guess the take away is that some of the newer ones have their rankings "pinflated"

#45 4 years ago

Less than 12 hours until voting closes.

#46 4 years ago

ACNC vs Getaway
    and
    Hobbit vs whirlwind are the shockers for me.

I can only assume either nostalgia has kicked in or a lot of people just haven't played the former two.

ACNC is easily one of the very best games that has come out over the past 10 years.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

ACNC vs Getaway
    and
    I can only assume either nostalgia has kicked in or a lot of people just haven't played the former two.
    ACNC is easily one of the very best games that has come out over the past 10 years.

I completely agree!

#48 4 years ago

I'm willing to bet way more people have played and are familiar with HSII and WW than either Hobbit or ACNC--including myself. Didn't like Hobbit, have yet to play ACNC.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

ACNC vs Getaway
    and

Don't waste you time! This bracket would have made sense if it was classic pins against classic pins of the same era.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Don't waste you time! This bracket would have made sense if it was classic pins against classic pins of the same era.

Let's be honest. I'd be shocked if half the votes on that have ever played ACNC.

I play league with a few serious competitors and I have popped more than one of their ACNC cherries while still having others ask me every tournament.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.