Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by FYMF
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Consolation Bracket Voting”

• (33) Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle VS 112 votes
      4%
    • (64) Tales From the Crypt 62 votes
      2%
    • (31) The Hobbit VS 113 votes
      4%
    • (63) Indianapolis 500 65 votes
      2%
    • (35) Creature of the Black Lagoon VS 110 votes
      4%
    • (62) Alien 64 votes
      2%
    • (29) Cirqus Voltaire VS 122 votes
      4%
    • (61) Ripley's Believe It or Not 50 votes
      2%
    • (37) Black Knight - Swords of Rage VS 103 votes
      4%
    • (60) Houdini 66 votes
      2%
    • (38) FunHouse VS 143 votes
      5%
    • (59) Pinball Magic 28 votes
      1%
    • (39) Cactus Canyon VS 101 votes
      4%
    • (58) X-Men 66 votes
      2%
    • (40) Game of Thrones VS 92 votes
      3%
    • (58) Fathom 77 votes
      3%
    • (41) Star Wars (Stern) VS 110 votes
      4%
    • (56) Revenge From Mars 58 votes
      2%
    • (42) Guardians of the Galaxy VS 103 votes
      4%
    • (55) Judge Dredd 65 votes
      2%
    • (43) Total Nuclear Annihilation VS 123 votes
      5%
    • (54) KISS 46 votes
      2%
    • (44) Bram Stoker's Dracula VS 111 votes
      4%
    • (53) No Good Gofers 61 votes
      2%
    • (45) Aerosmith VS 65 votes
      2%
    • (13) Elvira's House of Horrors 104 votes
      4%
    • (46) Big Bang Bar VS 87 votes
      3%
    • (51) Guns N' Roses 80 votes
      3%
    • (47) Whirlwind VS 104 votes
      4%
    • (50) Congo 69 votes
      3%
    • (48) Stranger Things VS 58 votes
      2%
    • (49) The Getaway: High Speed II 113 votes
      4%

(Multiple choice - 2731 votes by 206 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Consolation Bracket (resized).JPG
    Consolation Bracket Matchups3 (resized).JPG
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Consolation Bracket (resized).JPG
    Consolation Bracket Matchups (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

Alien is definitely one of the most awesome looking and coolest designed pins I have ever seen. Super dark and erie and unique! Only played one once. But face it, how many people will ever see one or get to own one? It's a shame!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I honestly never saw the appeal of a new pinball machine based on a movie that went straight to VHS, as soon as VHS became a thing.

Well you must be some kind of purest collector. I'm not. I like Alien and pinball both so... I also like the display in the middle of the playfield. I though that was cool as hell! Alien was my generations Frankenstein monster.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a cool feature...after you glue it back in and mylar over it

Ya, I don't know shit about it's shortcomings.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not sure what generation you are talking about, in fact I was 17 when Alien came out, but I do remember watching Mexican vampire movies on TV prior to that. Can you say Abel Salazar?
    I thought Dawn of the Dead was more of a shocker in 1978.

I was 17 or 18 when alien hit. HR Giger art work always creeped me out. Dawn of the dead creeped me out to.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Night of the Living Dead blew away Dawn of the Dead. Saw both when they came out in theatres. First zombie movie that scared the shit out of me.
    Alien remains one of the best Sci-Fi horror movies out there...nothing like it at the time, and still gets plenty of airplay on premium channels.

Night of the living dead gave me nightmares! It really messed with my mind for a while! LOL!!
    But I agree. Aliens was the best ever IMO. Still like the movies. But I like Science fiction anyway. Not much for horror except for Alien movies. It would be the ultimate theme for pinball for me!

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...I never had to touch my playfield screen and it was perfect the whole time. Only thing I had to tweak on mine was the ball launcher...easy fix.

You must have made a shit ton of money off your sale of Aliens! But it must have been sad to let it go. But I understand your concern of parts availability etc.. I wish you still had it. I'd pay money to come over and play it!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Agree Night of The Living Dead was the standard.
    But when talking about late 70s, DOTD was much more shocking to me than Alien.
    Go a little earlier and the Exorcist was far and above either one. I don't think any movie upon release shocked audiences like that one did. I know, I was in the theatre opening night. But now, they all three seem like comedies.

I still find Exorcist hard to watch. Too depressing. And you're right. That movie freaked out everyone! I think it has to do with the fact that it plays on our indoctrinated religious fears. At least it freaked me out. My crazy Bible thumping aunt used to scare the shit out of me with fire and brim stone prophecy when I was a young child, and told me the devil was under my bed! Ya, I'm still messed up in the head!
    Could you imagine an Exorcist pinball machine LOL!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny thing about that movie is upon release the audience was shocked and horrified it was so evil. When it was rereleased around 1980, we went to see it in the theaters again and most people were laughing.
    I didn't even know what I was in for when mom's boyfriend took me to see it when I was 10. Had no idea what it was going to be about. I watched most horror movies before that, but that one was just wicked.
    Just the premise and the way it was made and the acting, it stands out as one of the all timers.

The desensitizing of America didn't take long!
    Richard Burton starred in the second film Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977) and he regretted it big time. He said it was the worst movie he was ever in. LOL!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But by that time he was drinking plenty wasn't he? And was probably on the out again with Miss Taylor.

Ya, I forgot about how much he drank!

#51 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:Yep...watching TWD on TV? Would have been rated X back then
    Quoted from o-din:

And you guys wonder why I didn't find Alien that shocking. First time I saw it, it was comedy.

LOL!
    You're both right!

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

No way...that thing scared the shit out of me...chestburster scene was classic!!!

Ya, o-din. I think you forgot about that scene. It was disturbing even to me!

#55 4 years ago

Yes!
    It appears you're warped!

#56 4 years ago

I think our entire generation is warped. But it's not our fault!

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That was the funny part. I was desensitized long before that. Maybe watching the Caterpillar episode of Night Gallery had something to do with that..

And here it is again. I never forgot this one either!
    https://www.nbc.com/night-gallery/video/the-caterpillar/3972469

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hell, nothing's scary after this little asshole.[quoted image]

"Trilogy of Terror" (1975).

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Another great Night Gallery besides the mermaid episode is the one where Mickey Rooney meets the doc that promises him he will no longer have to live in fear. Called "Rare Objects". As they walk down the hall at the end, it sometimes reminds me of standing in my garage.

I watched it. Good one!
    But he didn't have any pinball machines in his collection.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That movie scared the crap out of me as a kid. I stayed up late one night and watched it by myself on TV. I would have been 10 or 11 at the time. Jeez it freaked me out!
    And Alien. We snuck into the theater and saw it on opening night. I was 14 and it scared the dog shit out of me. The theater was packed and the reaction during the chest burster scene was pandemonium. Still remember it like it was yesterday.

Those were the days!
    We hit the cinema age perfectly! Movies mostly sucked in the 70's until ‎Steven Spielberg came on the scene early on with Jaws. I don't think any film scared me more than that one! It was 1975. I was 11 years old. I didn't swim in the local lake that summer (even though I knew there were no sharks). Then came the Poltergeist movies, Hell Raisers, Stephen King films like The Shining and IT, also the Alien and Predator movies. We had a lot of fun for sure!

#69 4 years ago

I think an Ash vs Evil pin would be awesome!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te?tu=Mr_Outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.