(Topic ID: 207133)

Considering trade. Scared Stiff for WOZ?

By cartert

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Wife wants a WOZ so am considering trading our SS that we have owned for at least the last 12yrs. Manufacture 12/4/96, has skull pile lights, dancing boogie man (earlier set which came with machine not cheap repos), interactive glass skull topper, early eyeball shooter rod, pinball pro speakers, very little cab fade, PF and ramps in very good condition, extra sling plastics, Rotten Dog MPU. Has a little spiderhole wear which has not change since purchased and this machine gets the most play in our collection, plays great and has been problem free. Am sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Those that know me know no BS. Have not traded, bought or sold in a while as life has thrown us some curves the last ys or so. Let me know if interest and we can swap pics etc.

Mods if this is posted in the wrong location feel free to move. Have been out of the loop for a bit : )

#2 6 years ago

This would be a good trade and always good to have a new pin to play. WOZ plays a little slower but is beautiful and fun.

#3 6 years ago

Do it. Thats a big upgrade. Elvira is meh.

#4 6 years ago

Would you consider selling and just buying a woz? Im looking for a ss.

#5 6 years ago

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. SS gets a bit repetitious after awhile IMO. Great game don't get me wrong. I love Elvira themed pins. But over the 2 I'd take WOZ every time. .

#6 6 years ago

All day long! Hurry before the WOZ gets cold feet!

#7 6 years ago

I've owned (and sold) both. Scared Stiff is a great game, but it became so boring to me after a few years that I really couldn't stand to play it anymore. Loved to look at and listen to it, though.

WoZ is deep and very entertaining. Good change from SS, in my opinion. I ended up selling it due to the wide body gameplay. Not for me.

Overall, good trade. The only thing I would worry about is that SS is going to be hard to find or buy again if you ever wanted it back. WoZ's could be bought any day of the week.

Good luck.

#8 6 years ago

HUGE upgrade. Definitely go for WOZ

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All day long! Hurry before the WOZ gets cold feet!

He is asking if he should trade because he may want to. I don't think this is a case with two willing parties.

#10 6 years ago

Just check which revision of the LEDs boards the WoZ has.

#11 6 years ago

Play WOZ first. Scared Stiff is a 90s B/W classic and I would be reluctant to let it go unless I really wanted the new machine more. We have just let go of a HS2 to buy a MMr. I miss the HS2 and hind sight is wonderful. I wish we sold a late model Stern instead. There are not really many SS that come up for sale and it is highly unlikely that this machine will ever be remade. I believe this machine will become extremely collectable in the years to come. There are plenty of WOZ that come up for sale so you have plenty of time to make that decision. I would keep it.

Happy Flipping!

#12 6 years ago

If the wife wants it, go for it! Happy wife, happy life. If it keeps you together in the hobby I’d go for the trade. Just remember, you’ll have regrets getting rid of a classic Bally Williams pin.

#13 6 years ago

WOZ.

#14 6 years ago

have you played a WOZ? i find it awfully dull. theres no way id own one, especially not swapping out my SS.
but you have had your SS for 12 years so maybe it is time for something different. just make sure you play woz first and like it.

#15 6 years ago

Not looking to sell at this time, just trade for WOZ. Does have tasteful install LEDs and mantis protector at spiderhole since when we purchased

#16 6 years ago

SS is good, Decent and cool fun. WOZ is on a whole new level. It’s never dull. It is one of the greatest pinball machines that has taken a theme and made “a world under glass” as close to perfect as it can get. I find the poor proclivity to this game by various individuals is always based on solipsistic views. Do the trade.

#17 6 years ago

I don’t like WOZ theme but the gameplay is very cool. I like Elvira theme a lot more, but I would still do the trade playability wise

#18 6 years ago

I love the WOZ theme, I love the "world under glass". I like the whole "idea" of WOZ. I like the fact that it has a lot of toys. It has tons of modes. You can check the boxes on just about everything. However, it just doesn't have any exciting shots to me, and the pinball moves around in there like the cue ball in Hercules. I've never owned it. That might make a huge difference, but I feel like I've played it enough times to draw this conclusion.

#19 6 years ago

You’re playing a shit set up on it. It has good shots, it can flow.

#20 6 years ago

SS has held our interest over most of our other games that we have owned mostly because of the game play...simple, but fun! Everyone.... and I mean everyone that has had contact with SS has fell in love with her. Same as our TZ. Sadly hey all move along.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

#scared-stiff has held our interest over most of our other games that we have owned mostly because of the game play...simple, but fun!

#wizard-of-oz is not simple. Not even close to simple. Make sure the light boards are not an issue if you buy one. buffaloatx can give you some horror stories and I'm sure LTG would tell you what to look for when inspecting a Wizard of Oz .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

£ 39.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 249.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-trade-scared-stiff-for-woz?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.