(Topic ID: 126448)

Considering the Hakko FR-300--what accessories & replacement parts to get?

By ForceFlow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brandon1232.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

I am considering purchasing the Hakko FR300. But I have a few questions before I make a final decision. I am employed as an electronics tech. I desolder/solder using a Hakko iron & wick (hate it). Unfortunately, company will not invest in desoldering station. I do alot of thru-hole soldering of caps. I desolder & solder about 50 to 75 electrolytic caps daily on multi-layer boards (4-5). The ground planes are esp. a pain. My concern is can the FR300 handle that of kind of a daily workload (w/proper maintenance)? I tried an Aoyue 8800 once but had problems with the heating element and the tips would frequently scratch the traces in proximity to the caps. I prefer to survey the opinion of actual users than a seller before I make a decision. Anyway what do you think based on your experience with the FR300?

#19 7 years ago

Thanks for all of the info. it seems like you use your FR300 more than I will be using it. It is good to know what I am getting into. I guess I will have to order the maintenance supplies from Hakko...esp. catch tubes, prefilter, gaskets, suction cup etc... But my employer will probably purchase them for me, depending on improved efficiency and production. Once again thanks for the info and speedy reply.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brandon1232.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-the-hakko-fr-300-what-accessories-to-get?tu=brandon1232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.