(Topic ID: 87511)

Delete....

By Cybergoonie

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

delete.....

#2 10 years ago

Forgot to mention I also have a new Star Trek Pro Translite signed by Steve Ritchie that will be included.

#3 10 years ago

Where did you get that T3 topper from?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

Where did you get that T3 topper from?

Laseriffic. It's no longer in production.

#5 10 years ago

Nice looking pins man. Here is my suggestion to gain more enjoyment from your collection.

1)sell the T3

2)invite your local pinheads over and drink many beers while ripping out awesome games on TRON-IM-ST

Edit----Also have you VHS copy of Lost Boys playing during drinking hours.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

1)sell the T3

2)invite your local pinheads over and drink many beers while ripping out awesome games on TRON-IM-ST

LOL. I know I'm in the minority but I actually like T3. Not as deep as many but a great Steve Ritchie pin. Lost Boys never gets old. I idolized the Felddog & Haimster when I was a wee lad.

#7 10 years ago

*NOW* you decide to sell your IM?!

Good luck. Hope things work out for you. I was in a similar position myself just a couple of months ago when the hobby wasn't fun for me. Can't really say what changed, but I did take some time off from the forum and from playing as much, and spent some more time with other hobbies, and it really helped.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

*NOW* you decide to sell your IM?!

Hey Rob. All about timing..remember? lol. Maybe you're right my friend. I've just been really jaded with pinball as of late.

#9 10 years ago

Beautiful machines. I pm'd B_R to let him know about your IM. He's in the market for one. Hopefully you guys can swing a deal. Good luck with your sales.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Hey Rob. All about timing..remember? lol.

How prophetic those word were, huh?

#11 10 years ago

You'll be back.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Hey Rob. All about timing..remember? lol.

How prophetic those word were, huh?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Not as deep as many but a great Steve Ritchie pin.

I talked to Steve Ritchie in the elevator today. He was trying to get in while a guy was rolling a big hotel luggage cart and totally blocked the guy from exiting the elevator while the doors were slamming on the luggage cart. I just looked at Ritchie and yelled "Play Better!"

Very Nice guy by the way, I asked him to sign my Spidey I brought to the show but I never linked up with him again. Ill catch him next time.

#14 10 years ago

Double post oops

#15 10 years ago

Don't do it!!

#16 10 years ago

Just keep Tron.. Sell the rest.

#17 10 years ago

You need to replace a few of those new sterns with some B/W classics to spice up your collection.

#18 10 years ago

don't read the forums for awhile.........

#19 10 years ago

I think we all go through a funk while collecting. Ryan you have always been OCD and you trade machines like baseball cards. I do think you will regret getting rid of all of them-especially Tron. You may try and just take a break. Stay off the forums, go on a vacation, or just let the passion for pinball- fill back up. What other hobby will give you this satisfaction. I saw that IM before you got it. Now look at it-wow! That had to be fun to mod out and stand back and appreciate your work. Also all of the friends and people I have met in this hobby makes it worth it. I have met some really great people and I know I have made some life-long friends. Don't throw in the towel-reboot your system (;

#20 10 years ago

I got burned out a couple of years ago and had to change my direction in the hobby. I started hosting a league, charity tournamts and an official IFPA tournamnent. My hobby went from collecting to sharing and has become such a better experience.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I got burned out a couple of years ago and had to change my direction in the hobby. I started hosting a league, charity tournamts and an official IFPA tournamnent. My hobby went from collecting to sharing and has become such a better experience.

Would totally agree....letting others come and share the joy of pinball (especially non-pinball players) makes it for me. Looking forward to the next pinball party.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Iron Man
HUO. Perfect condition. Low play, Full Cointaker LED conversion, Mirror Blades, Custom Topper, Shaker Motor, Under Cab Lighting, Cab Protectors, Polk Subwoofer Asking 6200

PM sent ......

#23 10 years ago

You beat me to the punch B-R, was planning on mentioning you here.

#24 10 years ago

LOL , but like my Mustang Thread , this IM w/ ship-n is gonna be the Killer !!

I'll find 1 w/ Less mods so I can have the Pleasure to do 1 again mysrlf ,, GLWTS bro !!

#25 10 years ago

Awesome looking IM!! Nice price too. Is that a Laserific topper on that one as well?

#26 10 years ago

Just stop playing them, leave them sitting and they will be the same way you left them when you get the itch to play again. If that doesn't happen in a year or so then yes sell them but i would give it a little time. I have gone months not touching the games then I play again and it all seems fun and new again! Just my suggestion... Hobbies are like that you can put them away for a while but they seem to call you back. Also you could always sell them and in a while buy a new one or two if the desire comes back.They will be around for you if you need them one way or another.

Tom

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nice looking pins man. Here is my suggestion to gain more enjoyment from your collection.
1)sell the T3

Good advice, except you forgot to suggest buying a different pin with the T3 money.

Put Roadhouse on instead of Lost Boys. I thought Everyone knew Roadhouse was the correct background movie for a pinball gathering. Someone from the Detroit Pinball League needs to back me up on this one.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

except you forgot to suggest buying a different pin with the T3 money.

No, thats the beer money dude!

#29 10 years ago

PM sent.

#30 10 years ago

All pm's responded to. Thanks for all the support and interest guys!

#31 10 years ago

Hey Ryan,

No fair.... haven't even got to meet you yet and here we are in the same city!

Hang on to your collection for a little while; take a break if you need to. Play some piano or guitar or something. Take some stuff to the D.I.

I think Taylor has the right idea though. Make the hobby a little more social and you'll enjoy it more. (Gotta follow my own advice)

-----------

Maybe you're right, though. Disappearing for a while might be a good option. Hey... at least you have friends here.

#32 10 years ago

I would say that if you don't need the money right away, to take some time away from the hobby before you decide to sell all your machines at once.

#33 10 years ago

you're gonna regret it. step away from the hobby for a couple months and see if your passion for it returns. Those games are hard to replace!

edit: sell the st and t3 if you want but not the other 2!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Make the hobby a little more social and you'll enjoy it more. (Gotta follow my own advice)

That's rite ,, Pinball Is Much 4 Fun w/ Friend';s & Competition & alcohol ..

#35 10 years ago

If you need a place to store your games while you step away from the hobby I wouldn't mind looking after them for you.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Same here sir

#37 10 years ago

It looks like you have a pretty majestic house. And a house like that usually has room in the basement. So fold all four games up in the corner of the basement wrapped up in moving blankets. Then go out and buy a classic beater game. Any of the old Bally games. But make sure it is kind of a beater. If you can't see a bit of bare wood in front of the slings it doesn't count. Sign off of Pinside for a while (no need for a dramatic post saying goodbye). Finally, as Flank said above, invite a fellow pinhead over and play. Crack open a couple of beers, eat some meatball grinders, chips, and just have fun playing. No pressure, just fun.

Playing Pinball is fun. A LOT of fun. People get too wrapped up in all the other stuff about it. This hobby is about grown men playing games on toys. That is all they are, big toys. If playing pinball in it's most simple form doesn't bring back the love of the hobby, sign back on and sell them all.

#38 10 years ago

Take a break and rethink about this. I know if you get out of the hobby.... The addictive "witch" known as pinball will come calling again in a few months and you will pay even more for new games. I've been burned out at times in the past and I've been in this for 15+ years. Best thing I never did was to ditch my games and get out. Invite some locals over, meet other collectors, get to another's collection, take a break but don't give up on your pins. Better yet, take a break and enjoy something else. You will miss the lure of the "witch"! ~SpOoKy

#39 10 years ago

Hey guys... Apologies for any delays in pm's. Everyone's been responded to. I'm actually traveling for the week. Some needed R&R. Gonna be hitting up the pinball hall of fame in Vegas in a few days! Actually pretty excited to get lost in the zone!!!! Thanks for all the kind words. Lot of great friends on here.

#40 10 years ago

You should stop by on your way .

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Just stop playing them

Looks like he beat you to it:

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

TRON PRO
Low play

Iron Man
Low play

I can't speak for the OP, but it seems like he was more into collecting than playing. There are plenty of other shiny things to collect that cost less money and take up less space.

As someone who's been guilty of sticking with other hobbies after I grew tired of them, I commend him for being honest with himself. If you're no longer into something, stop wasting your time & money on it. Someone else will be happy to play the heck out of those games.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It seems to me like he was more into collecting than playing.

If so, then whenever people come over to his house he needs them to be impressed with his nice pinball collection. If he doesn't love playing them and isn't getting praise from others about them, then what's the point of having them?

My wife doesn't play pinball. We have no kids (by choice). We hardly ever have visitors other than my elderly Mother (who sees my games as a waste of money and can't understand why I don't sell my BBB for a profit). My two nieces used to come in from Colorado once a year (one of them has since moved to Texas), but when they did visit they spent their time racing against each other on my pair of linked Cruis'n Exoticas instead of playing pinball (which takes more skill). I have my games because they are my favorites and I like looking at them (in the pinball room I envisioned and built for them) and I like playing them. If I needed the praise of others for my pin collection in order to enjoy them I would have posted pics of my game room here on Pinside to try to elicit such accolades.

#43 10 years ago

Yep, take a break, stay off of forums and avoid anything pinball for a few months or longer. I recently did this exact same thing. After that, it will seem new again.

#44 10 years ago

Stick it out, Ryan. Just take a break and let go of things for a bit.

Heck, I went through a 4-5 month period where I barely touched a single game of mine. I just didn't play, and I wasn't on any of the forums either. When I came back around, it was like stepping into it for the first time all over again, albeit with a few surprises on how much younger/newer the demographics on Pinside had shifted.

#45 10 years ago

Hi Ryan,

I'm with most, you should rethink this decision.. If not, my son lives in SLC. Would you be interested in making a deal for iron man and t3?

David

#46 10 years ago

Highs and lows in pinball collecting are pretty common I would think. I've spent a ton of time/energy on building my collection, modding the hell out of them, tweaking them so they are completed dialed in, and then.......not playing them. I'm in a bit of a rut myself at the current time.

Like others have mentioned, if you can afford to let them sit for awhile, you might be surprised how happy you are that they're still in the fold a few months from now. If you're still ready to sell them, at least you gave it a little while to see if you changed your mind.

I'm trying out my new pinball 'policy' right now at home, I need to play at least as long as I take on fiddling with and modding the machines, maybe that will improve my attitude as well.

good luck.
Michael

#47 10 years ago

I hear ya goonie, sometimes this hobby will drain the fun out of you. This site does the same thing to me sometimes as all we have on here is Stern Fanboys vs JJP Fanboys and MMr vs anyone who owns a Williams MM . Best of luck in whatever you choose to do in the future. Fact is you can ALWAYS buy these toy's back at a later date if you want to.
Chris

#48 10 years ago

Cash out while the prices are still high

#49 10 years ago

Keep 1 pin, every home should have a pin to play or entertain with. It's still fun to have just one good pin to keep up with.

#50 10 years ago

I have a beautiful MB as new everything is MINT on this and I always think of selling it as i hardly play it at all anymore.. But I just can't get myself to actually let it go.. Arrrgh

But keep tron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-selling-off-my-small-collection-im-tron-st-prem-t3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.