Carl_Hoffman_-_306.jpg
free_happy_ending_funny_newspaper.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
b4dalock.jpg
image.jpg
beatdeadhorsef9yp.gif
scan0001.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Don't bail now....your so close

Lol

image.jpgimage.jpg

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Do you think jack WANTS you to have your game already?
If so, wait...

What difference does this possibly make?

I suspect Jack wishes he shipped every game a year ago.
I suspect Jack wishes he could dunk a basketball

What Jack WANTEd (and failed to deliver) doesn't help the OP one iota...

It would certainly seem like the OP can flip his preorder, enjoy his money for a while, and easily find a version once the thing is actually shipping/in stock somewhere.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I agree that the light is at the end of the tunnel but why does JJP feel the need to keep dangling the carrot in front of their customers noses instead of just being honest and upfront.

Well, it's one of two things:

1. It's classic bait and switch shuckster strategy to keep people from bailing. Seriously, some investors would stick this out no matter what out of a sense of near-religious attachment; but I suspect a NUMBER would have bailed if the true delivery schedule was truthfully divulged at order time, or even a year ago...

2. JJPs operation is so disorganized and/or their process is SO in flux or their knowledge of production is no naive that they really JUST DON'T KNOW how long it's going to take.

So either they have been dishonest or incompetent....yikes... Neither option is particularly trust inspiring....

So obviously I will never be a "blind investor" in vapor-pins, but as a pinball player, i hope they get their shit together and become a viable manufacturer some day.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You're....
See what I did there?

Yup- I saw it:
Ignored answering question, resorted to a personal attack. (Aka JJP-Two-Step)

Name-calling aside:

Did I miss an alternate theory? Please share it.... You can wait till tomorrow if you are communing with your higher power today (btw, I mean god, not Jack)...

#132 10 years ago

Well, kudos to Jack for replying at all on the weekend...

However, as my grand dad used to say, "talk is cheap, it takes money to buy whiskey"

Here's to hoping you get a good story from them tomorrow, but more importantly, get your machine soon.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Classless is selling 10 machines to a distributor who ordered them in may and telling him he'll get them 7/15 when first day buyers can't get a ship date.

You should know by now that no criticism of Jack is to be tolerated because:
He has risked life and limb selflesslessly saving pinball from the clutches of the evil empire

Also, any criticism of broken promises or incomplete code is to be ignored because:
He is *sniff* doing something "no one has ever done before" and thus excused from all normal critiques of business practices ( even new ones). This is what's called a "Chris Matthews shiver up your leg" moment.

Again, please realize Jack is doing all this out of the goodness of his heart, and you all should frankly be ashamed of criticizing him. What, do you hate pinball or something!?!!!!!!!????!!!!

He risked it all for us (well, um with others people's money, but please ignore that) and the least you can do is be grateful...

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought Chris Mathews had a "Thrill" run up his leg not a "shiver" ??

You're right.... I've tried to blot that whole thing out of my memory, but I think you're correct.

#193 10 years ago

Very cool they sent you a picture!

Truly worth 1000 words.... Maybe worth 1,000,000 words (if their in a pinside thread)

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Another crow on the dinner plate for the naysayers to eat.....

Na, bit too late to serve crow...

If games shipped a year ago, or some folks weren't on their 3rd and 4th promised shipped dates, maybe- but this doesn't really qualify for hanging up the "Mission Accomplished" banner on the aircraft carrier....

It's good news for the OP, no more, no less. It'll be officially GREAT news once he actually gets a working machine on his doorstep.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-selling-my-spot-for-woz?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.