Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Honch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Grammar.jpg
Carl_Hoffman_-_306.jpg
free_happy_ending_funny_newspaper.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
b4dalock.jpg
image.jpg
beatdeadhorsef9yp.gif
scan0001.jpg
image.jpg

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 6 years ago

I didn't read this thread at all, but there are a lot of posts in it. Is it safe to assume that the OP sold his machine, and all of the replies are congratulations to both he and the new owner?

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

So you give Alex a thumbs down for saying 'completely uncool' ? Shocking that you only have Stern pins.

Don't pretend to know me or the history I have with anyone here. Oh and since you like looking at my collection, you might want to do a little more homework and find out that I am also just as much (if not more) a B/W fan and have both WOZ and The Hobbit on order.

#153 6 years ago

Classless is selling 10 machines to a distributor who ordered them in may and telling him he'll get them 7/15 when first day buyers can't get a ship date.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Start the message or call with "I'd like to preorder a Hobbit machine"
I bet they find a convenient time to speak with you then lol

lmao, best answer yet!

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Classless is selling 10 machines to a distributor who ordered them in may and telling him he'll get them 7/15 when first day buyers can't get a ship date.

You should know by now that no criticism of Jack is to be tolerated because:
He has risked life and limb selflesslessly saving pinball from the clutches of the evil empire

Also, any criticism of broken promises or incomplete code is to be ignored because:
He is *sniff* doing something "no one has ever done before" and thus excused from all normal critiques of business practices ( even new ones). This is what's called a "Chris Matthews shiver up your leg" moment.

Again, please realize Jack is doing all this out of the goodness of his heart, and you all should frankly be ashamed of criticizing him. What, do you hate pinball or something!?!!!!!!!????!!!!

He risked it all for us (well, um with others people's money, but please ignore that) and the least you can do is be grateful...

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

He has risked life and limb selflesslessly saving pinball from the clutches of the evil empire
Also, any criticism of broken promises or incomplete code is to be ignored because:
He is *sniff* doing something "no one has ever done before" and thus excused from all normal critiques of business practices ( even new ones). This is what's called a "Chris Matthews shiver up your leg" moment.
Again, please realize Jack is doing all this out of the goodness of his heart, and you all should frankly be ashamed of criticizing him. What, do you hate pinball or something!?!!!!!!!????!!!!
He risked it all for us (well, um with others people's money, but please ignore that) and the least you can do is be grateful...

ahhhh....here we go again think i will sit back and enjoy my gin tonic and revisit this thread in a bit.

#157 6 years ago

....get the popcorn ready.

#158 6 years ago

I don't know why, but I read the entire thread. And I can say with absolute certainty, that every single WOZ thread is a big F@#king waste of time. For some reason this topic turns to sh!t every time.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have seen tasteless things before on pinside. Posting something like that about a new company trying to help pinball as a whole and make a name for his business is just wrong. Nobody is perfect but, I think it's a very low blow.

What about someone who bashes others trying to help pinball for the sake of their own benefit of selling their pinball machine / company...? Is that tasteless or classless or both multiplied by 100.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

The way you stated that, in my own eyes, had a striking parallel to the actual WOZ movie...

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

We will see what tomorrow brings. I am a little bit calmed down now. Thanks everyone for letting me vent and helping me down from the ledge.

Are you on the jjp owners group? Jack frequents that site.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I thought Chris Mathews had a "Thrill" run up his leg not a "shiver" ??

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I thought Chris Mathews had a "Thrill" run up his leg not a "shiver" ??

You're right.... I've tried to blot that whole thing out of my memory, but I think you're correct.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have seen tasteless things before on pinside. Posting something like that about a new company trying to help pinball as a whole and make a name for his business is just wrong. Nobody is perfect but, I think it's a very low blow.

I don't know if he is "trying to help pinball" as much as he saw a money making opportunity and thought he could do it better.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I don't know if he is "trying to help pinball" as much as he saw a money making opportunity and thought he could do it better.

Oh, he has a passion for it, all right. And he IS doing it better. Well, except for getting the factory churning at full speed as quickly as he envisioned, that is. Better than sending out tons of games with QC problems, any rational person should realize.

You know what they say, to pick the expert, choose the guy that says it will take the longest and cost the most.

#166 6 years ago

Business first, passion second, is all I am saying, in simpler terms now. Don't doubt the passion at all.

#167 6 years ago

Passion is what makes a business first......

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Would you open a business if you thought there was no chance of making money and that you certainly couldn't do it any better than anyone else?

Forget all the startup companies that have popped up in the past few years. When Jack decided to go all-in on JJP, he was alone. Called crazy. There was one other company in the entire world - Stern - churning out budget-slashed games like NBA and Iron Man at inflated prices (no judgements here on gameplay before everyone jumps in), and the entire coin-op industry was in dire straits. Pinball was seen as on its last legs. Jumping into a situation like that takes someone with a passion for what they do; someone who didn't want to see an industry that's been his life since the 70's die out with a whimper. Of course, it helps if you think you can do it better, and would be entirely pointless if it was impossible to [eventually] make money.

Of course, you look now and it seems everyone and their brother has their sights set on being their own pinball manufacturer. But none of those guys jumped in until Jack dared test the water that Gary always told him was "cold".

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Start the message or call with "I'd like to preorder a Hobbit machine"
I bet they find a convenient time to speak with you then lol

OMG! Post of the month!!!!!!! Haha!

#170 6 years ago

Same ole' thread full of the same ole' people..
bitching about the same ole' shit..

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Just the fact he responded immediately on a Sunday speaks volumes.

Yeah volumes...

Begin Vol. One:
Email is delivered to the phones in our pockets.
End Vol. one.

Sell if you want. Hold if you want. It's not like you won't be able to get one later and they will ALL be HUO. Even the ones on location will basically be HUO because nobody plays pinball on location any more.

Just be ready for the standard "end of July, early Aug" estimate that everyone else is getting when they call Jen.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Yeah volumes...
Begin Vol. One:
Email is delivered to the phones in our pockets.
End Vol. one.
Sell if you want. Hold if you want. It's not like you won't be able to get one later and they will ALL be HUO. Even the ones on location will basically be HUO because nobody plays pinball on location any more.
Just be ready for the standard "end of July, early Aug" estimate that everyone else is getting when they call Jen.

Wrong-o. I know of 2 on location around here that apparently get played a LOT.

#173 6 years ago

At certain locations, Woz is earning between $350-600 per week compared to $60 for most...

#174 6 years ago

The best thing that can happen to this Thread is the OP asking for it to be closed down....

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wrong-o. I know of 2 on location around here that apparently get played a LOT.

Even "a LOT" today is "hardly at all" compared to the good ol' days.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The only thing missing from this thread is a low ball offer...................$7500 cash!

7500? I'll offer 6500.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Maybe one of the MOST CLASSLESS things I've ever read on pinside. Low-life.

Calm down! Its a joke. Who cares.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The best thing that can happen to this Thread is the OP asking for it to be closed down....

Yep. Yet another thread DE RAILED

#179 6 years ago

all we are is dust in the wind.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yep. Yet another thread DE RAILED

The good thing is that the OP did appear to get some help from the thread. It will be interesting to see what he says after talking more today with Jack or Jen.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The good thing is that the OP did appear to get some help from the thread. It will be interesting to see what he says after talking more today with Jack or Jen.

yes he did..for about 10% of the posts

#182 6 years ago

b4dalock.jpg

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Don't pretend to know me or the history I have with anyone here. Oh and since you like looking at my collection, you might want to do a little more homework and find out that I am also just as much (if not more) a B/W fan and have both WOZ and The Hobbit on order.

You're right. I just thought it was strange. My bad.

#184 6 years ago

Why lock it?
Everyone is waiting for the conclusion.....

in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg

#186 6 years ago

Come on Crashnt20. We need a happy ending already!

free_happy_ending_funny_newspaper.jpg

#187 6 years ago

...the guy was dead in the beginning of the movie....

#188 6 years ago

I did talk with Jen today and she told me that my machine was on the line. Jen was nice enough to send me a photo of my machine. She did say that it wont ship till next week because of the holiday but im okay with that. I had a feeling that would be the case.

Carl_Hoffman_-_306.jpg

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I did talk with Jen today and she told me that my machine was on the line. Jen was nice enough to send me a photo of my machine. She did say that it wont ship till next week because of the holiday but im okay with that. I had a feeling that would be the case.

Now that is a nice rub before the happy ending.

The game looks beautiful!

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

Your spot in line just got a lot more valuable

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

Congrats, that is a thing of freaking beauty!

And next time, listen to your wife and don't act like a crybaby! Women usually know better...

#192 6 years ago

There she is... Looks great and you just gotta love those happy endings.

#193 6 years ago

Very cool they sent you a picture!

Truly worth 1000 words.... Maybe worth 1,000,000 words (if their in a pinside thread)

#194 6 years ago

Another crow on the dinner plate for the naysayers to eat.....

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Another crow on the dinner plate for the naysayers to eat

Are you sure ?

#196 6 years ago

No crow for anyone. Good times are upon us. Congrats OP. That's really cool that Jen took a pic for you.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

i just had to check when i made my first payment - i am before your 1/10 date - so this is good news for me as mine must be on the line also. i would love to have it this week as we have a graduation party this weekend.

let's hope - thanks for doing your research as it helps some of us get an idea on our delivery.

thanks ed

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Another crow on the dinner plate for the naysayers to eat.....

Na, bit too late to serve crow...

If games shipped a year ago, or some folks weren't on their 3rd and 4th promised shipped dates, maybe- but this doesn't really qualify for hanging up the "Mission Accomplished" banner on the aircraft carrier....

It's good news for the OP, no more, no less. It'll be officially GREAT news once he actually gets a working machine on his doorstep.

#199 6 years ago

Maybe the naysayers need some catsup......I hear crow is kinda bland.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i just had to check when i made my first payment - i am before your 1/10 date - so this is good news for me as mine must be on the line also. i would love to have it this week as we have a graduation party this weekend.

With the holiday being this Thursday, next week looks like a more probable scenario.

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside