Carl_Hoffman_-_306.jpg
free_happy_ending_funny_newspaper.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
b4dalock.jpg
image.jpg
beatdeadhorsef9yp.gif
scan0001.jpg
image.jpg
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago

Joemama said-I know waiting was hard but I NEVER considered dumping mine for a sternturd game.
I am not bashing them.

I am curious to see what bashing them looks like.

#52 10 years ago

If you compress water i believe you get ice..., if its compressed tighter the atoms would fuse.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm not going to tell you that you are wrong.
But I am going to tell you that I place zero weight on your opinion when you make references to "Sternturd" and calling others "dipshits" who haven't even responded to your post.
Your post is nothing but trolling.
Well done.

Joemamma is not a troll. Actually, you can take most of what he says as gospel. He has his WOZ already and the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

If you compress water i believe you get ice..., if its compressed tighter the atoms would fuse.

Actually, ice is 10% larger than the water it replaces: It expands.

#56 10 years ago

An atheist would say the gospel is just a bunch of made up stories? The point is most everything said here is opinion not fact.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

you can take most of what he says as gospel

#58 10 years ago

I wonder if you could compress water on a really high gravity planet or maybe a black hole??

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Actually, ice is 10% larger than the water it replaces: It expands.

This is because of the way it freezes (under normal conditions). If it were compressed to the point of freezeing, i dont beleive that what you stated would be the case.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Have you talked to Jack directly? If I were in your shoes, that's definitely what I would do, especially if you were a day 1 order and the rumor is that all of those have shipped!

Will he answer the phone or call back? I have someone local telling me they'll get games for resale before day one orders?

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

It is not a financial reason because i already paid for the game a while ago but it is just frustrating to be told the wrong thing time and time again. And apparently the order that Jack is shipping them is not based on invoice number since my invoice is 1994 on 1/9/11 and I just saw that someone in the 2000s shipped.

Hold strong.

I am Invoice #1984 and my two machines just shipped this week.

Jen originally told me possibly the week prior to Memorial Day, but for sure the week of June 7th. That changed to the week of the 20-21st because they were getting organized. It ended up being the next week (this past one) so despite the bumps in the road, the light at the end of the tunnel is definitely in sight.

No idea why a few guys with higher invoice numbers got theirs already. No idea why a whole container is already on its way to Australia. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Botton line, it was $6500 and that's a good price for a pin you're gonna want to play, isn't it?

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Will he answer the phone

Yes.

LTG : )

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.LTG : )

That was a rhetorical question. He never has to my experience and doesn't return calls.

#64 10 years ago

I am sure I will play this somewhere long before I get mine into the house.
As for the delays and constant tomorrow shipping dates...... Do what you feel you need to.
I could argue a case both ways but empathize with your situation.

#65 10 years ago

At least we are to the point were games are shipping. I have to say I am a little disappointed in the speed of manufacturing.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

That was a rhetorical question. He never has to my experience and doesn't return calls.

Ouch.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Don't bail now....your so close

Lol

image.jpgimage.jpg

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Do you think jack WANTS you to have your game already?
If so, wait...

What difference does this possibly make?

I suspect Jack wishes he shipped every game a year ago.
I suspect Jack wishes he could dunk a basketball

What Jack WANTEd (and failed to deliver) doesn't help the OP one iota...

It would certainly seem like the OP can flip his preorder, enjoy his money for a while, and easily find a version once the thing is actually shipping/in stock somewhere.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

It is not a financial reason because i already paid for the game a while ago but it is just frustrating to be told the wrong thing time and time again. And apparently the order that Jack is shipping them is not based on invoice number since my invoice is 1994 on 1/9/11 and I just saw that someone in the 2000s shipped.

Hold it. Wait a second. Invoice #1994?

That's a distributor's invoice. The famous #24 invoice posted here on Pinside.

Let me refresh your memory.

scan0001.jpgscan0001.jpg

Based on the assigned game numbers, I'm not convinced the second two games were actually ordered on 1/9 (especially since there WAS a 2 game order limit at the time).

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I know I am so far away from production that I have not bothered to ask where in the queue I stand. Sooner or later I will ask, but right now I know that many are ahead of me.

I'm getting to a point where I feel I might need to make a phone call. I was the first person in my state to order the game, but now there are two other people who have bought their way in and have the game first. I wish Jack had stockpiled games more before shipping - having them trickle out over a period of half a year or more to people who have been waiting more than a year is frustrating. I'm sure the game is going to be great, but...

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Based on the assigned game numbers, I'm not convinced the second two games were actually ordered on 1/9 (especially since there WAS a 2 game order limit at the time).

Holy detective work Batman!

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Hold it. Wait a second. Invoice #1994?That's a distributor's invoice. The famous #24 invoice posted here on Pinside.Let me refresh your memory.Based on the assigned game numbers, I'm not convinced the second two games were actually ordered on 1/9 (especially since there WAS a 2 game order limit at the time).

Hmmmn

#73 10 years ago

Sorry if I missed it, but how much?

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

We have found ditto's second Pinside handle!!!!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I feel for you dude. I feel the same way. Been real tired of the over promising. He told me late June too. It's funny because whenever I say anything about WOZ to my wife, she says "oh that game you were supposed to get last year".

At this point I think it would be a mistake to bail now though. Just hang in there and wait for your game. The next time Jack asks for a pre-order on future games just say HELL NO.

So funny - same boat here - exactly same. I'm hanging in as well. I love Hobbit theme but no way putting money down for pre-order.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

What difference does this possibly make?
I suspect Jack wishes he shipped every game a year ago.
I suspect Jack wishes he could dunk a basketball
It would certainly seem like the OP can flip his preorder, enjoy his money for a while

That's the positive spirit! This guy who easily buys several NIB games should rearrange everything he did years ago to possibly save a few hundred bucks, simply cuz he's frustrated and his wife teases him. There's some great advice.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Hold strong.
I am Invoice #1984 and my two machines just shipped this week.
Jen originally told me possibly the week prior to Memorial Day, but for sure the week of June 7th. That changed to the week of the 20-21st because they were getting organized. It ended up being the next week (this past one) so despite the bumps in the road, the light at the end of the tunnel is definitely in sight.
No idea why a few guys with higher invoice numbers got theirs already. No idea why a whole container is already on its way to Australia. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Botton line, it was $6500 and that's a good price for a pin you're gonna want to play, isn't it?

I agree that the light is at the end of the tunnel but why does JJP feel the need to keep dangling the carrot in front of their customers noses instead of just being honest and upfront.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Thats me, so what does this mean for me? Ha ha Great!

#79 10 years ago

beatdeadhorsef9yp.gifbeatdeadhorsef9yp.gif

#80 10 years ago

I was fairly close to selling my spot too. Played v1.12 yesterday though and it's made me change my mind. I've got my own issues about shipping arrangements to the UK but ill not go into them on here

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The way I look at my WOZ ECLE wait (I ordered in March 2012) is that the money is already spent. The game will come when it comes. I am not micro-managing this wait; it does no good and can only make me nuts. I believe Jack wants me to have my game as much as I do.
I am fine with doing it again. I am now making my payments on TH LE and I'm not worrying about that one either. It too will come when it comes. Fortunately, I can afford these games and am not forced to make any adjustments in my life due to tying up this cash. I have a high pressure career and this is supposed to be fun and my Escape. By adopting this approach, it remains so.

And what if they go under before you get a game? Or in your case two games?

I once drank the koolaid of JJp and had it blow up in my face in multiple ways. Now I know what Is truth and what is fiction. I also know that are you not guaranteed squat till the game shows up or your refund chck clears your bank. Glad your so confident in Jack I on the other hand have none but I seem to be a wee bit more conservative with my preordering desires and my needing every game to have a plaque.

Best of luck on your sale op and in my business as said before under promise and over deliver. You sleep better at night that way.

#82 10 years ago

No sense beating a dead horse.......unless its enjoyable.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

Hi I have a WOZ that I have been told should be shipped next week for the past month. I am getting a little frustrated with this and my Metallica rocks so if anyone is interested in purchasing it let me know.

I agree with everything you have posted
I too believe that Jack has not done the right thing to his customers that ordered and paid up a LONG time ago
I placed my order in the first week, I will not be buying another game from him
I think I am up to my 4th "building it now, will ship next week" BS

I have felt like bailing several times this year, BUT, the games are shipping, you WILL get yours eventually

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

But you can not compress a liquid.......

That's why it was funny.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's why it was funny.

Actually you CAN slightly compress a liquid.
That makes it slightly funny.

Now back to the problem of getting 12 oz of beer into a 6oz glass.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I know that you can compress it by some miniscule amount, but for all of my household chores, it can't be compressed.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Now back to the problem of getting 12 oz of beer into a 6oz glass.

Drink half the bottle, poor the rest. 'Problem' solved.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wonder if you could compress water on a really high gravity planet or maybe a black hole??

think your right, black holes can be a real space saving device-lol

#89 10 years ago

I think you should hang in there. I ordered 2 on day one and another at the last minute which I traded to a friend for heir Standard order with the extras. I got an early one, and that came with the experience of dealing with some issues that needed to be straightened up, including driving the game back to Lakewood for them to diagnose and fix! If you got yours early and issues came up, that would have been worse and a pita for you and Jack! Let others help them get the kinks out and enjoy your trouble free game when it comes due to others sacrifices. The game disappoints very few(mine is on location). Just my 2 cents!
Pinaholic (the Legend)

#90 10 years ago

As I said I have Jacks cell if you want to do more than bitch to people who can do nothing to help your problem.

He has always either answered my call or called me back. Once it took a little phone rag to hook up but he has treated me fine in the communication category.

Maybe venting here will help you. I urge you to call Jack and if you are pissed off let him know why. He doesn't strike me as a liar or someone who is hiding under the sheets when people call him. He is a big boy and has taken a few lumps along this journey.

I felt like you before my game arrived. I worried what if they go under. I'm pretty sure he is doing ok financially. Ask him over the phone if you are worried, I did. I got the reassurance I needed. Talking to Jack along the way helped calm my nerves. You have every right to be concerned about when you will get your game.

Do what you need to in order to sleep at night. It's your money, use it when YOU need it! J. G. Wentworth might help if needed!

))))

Chris

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

I know waiting was hard but I NEVER considered dumping mine for a sternturd game. Don't you remember not so long ago when Gary and company didn't give two shits about the home collector???? I am not bashing them but merely stating fact.

Now let's hear from the long line of dipshits who are going to tell me how and why I am sooooooo wrong.

When you quote me in the future please don't quote only what fits your needs. Quote the entire point. You changed the context of my statement but that is what I have come to expect from a few around here. I didn't bash Stern except maybe using a little humor in the name. I like several Stern games and even own a few. My point was that I didn't think Gary answered the volume of customer calls that Jack does and how now the home collector is his bread and butter. You would only know that if you had been collecting longer than Obama has been in office. Sorry if I hurt your feelings fanboy.

I'm not a troll but that's hard to tell because I don't have as many karma points as you oh great one. I'm trying to fix that but I seem to be busy with the rest of my life and don't have time to sit at my pc day and night. HA HA HA HA HA !

Looks like my preemptive strike against the peanut gallery has shut most of them down this time. A couple made it past my BS filter but that's ok. They were much less vocal than normal.

YOYEA!!!!

Chris "low karma points" Kruger

#92 10 years ago

I wonder who JoMomma was on RGP?

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I suggest you wait just a bit longer. Take a look at the photos of machines on the line that have been posted. TONS of games about to ship + new code coming very shortly. Took a bit to train new folks and perfect the line but production is ramping up steadily.

I think you get it. He has been lied to for the last few months and now is tired of the BS. Has nothing to do with the game, code, etc. Even with all the challenges of bringing up a new production line; that does not justify poor planning and commitment.

#94 10 years ago

Sell it, let the bad taste dissipate. Buy one later (HUO or whatever) for less.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I wonder who JoMomma was on RGP?

Same person

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

That's the positive spirit! This guy who easily buys several NIB games should rearrange everything he did years ago to possibly save a few hundred bucks, simply cuz he's frustrated and his wife teases him. There's some great advice.

You missed the point Iowepg was making.

He said it's irrelevant in the OP's decision whether or not Jack wants him to have the game. Few would argue that Jack doesn't want to get those games delivered immediately. It is totally irrelevant.

Iowepg never mentioned anything about possibly saving a few hundred bucks (it may cost more later), nor did he mention anything about this guy buying NIB games, or being frustrated, or teased by his wife.

Iowepg stated that the OP could flip his order and buy the game later. His advice is no less valid than your advice to "just wait."

#97 10 years ago

You should contact Jack personally, express your concerns to him face to face and then if you aren't satisfied with the answers then sell......

That's what i did back in April when the whole deadline drama/misleading put me over the edge and then based on what I heard and from what I've seen since, I'm good with the additional wait...

I also have THLE on order and will be a JJP customer as long as the quality continues to far exceed Stern...

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from lladnip:

think your right, black holes can be a real space saving device-lol

I think if you propelled it at a speed just below the speed of light it should compress it.

#99 10 years ago

So I decided to take everyone's advice and I emailed Jack to see what he would say.

#100 10 years ago

My wife thinks that I am pouting and that I should wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-selling-my-spot-for-woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.