Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Honch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Grammar.jpg
Carl_Hoffman_-_306.jpg
free_happy_ending_funny_newspaper.jpg
in-before-the-lock-lock-demotivational.jpg
b4dalock.jpg
image.jpg
beatdeadhorsef9yp.gif
scan0001.jpg
image.jpg

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 6 years ago

Hi I have a WOZ that I have been told should be shipped next week for the past month. I am getting a little frustrated with this and my Metallica rocks so if anyone is interested in purchasing it let me know.

#2 6 years ago

Don't bail now....your so close

#3 6 years ago

I agree and my wife doesn't want me to sell it, but I am so tired of waiting. I don't think I would even be considering it but I have been told next week for the past month. And then I was told by end of June and that ends tomorrow. So I am just done.

#4 6 years ago

What was your order date? 1/?/11

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I agree and my wife doesn't want me to sell it, but I am so tired of waiting. I don't think I would even be considering it but I have been told next week for the past month. And then I was told by end of June and that ends tomorrow. So I am just done.

I suggest you wait just a bit longer. Take a look at the photos of machines on the line that have been posted. TONS of games about to ship + new code coming very shortly. Took a bit to train new folks and perfect the line but production is ramping up steadily.

#6 6 years ago

I know I am so far away from production that I have not bothered to ask where in the queue I stand. Sooner or later I will ask, but right now I know that many are ahead of me.

#7 6 years ago

If it makes you feel any better, i just paid mine off last month so im a late late order feb. 2013 and i was told October. I cant see that happening but obviously they plan on hammering them out. If i were in your shoes id probably just wait. Like you said you have a game you really enjoy right now. I dont know about you but for me a month goes by in what feels like a few days. Unless it were for financial reasons, id hang in there.

#8 6 years ago

I think the main problem is still the tendency to over-promise and under-deliver (or not deliver... apparently).

At this point you think people answering the phone at JJP would be smart enough not to be promising a shipping date unless the game was done and in da' box. Apparently old habits die hard.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What was your order date? 1/?/11

I am a 1/9/11 order

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I think the main problem is still the tendency to over-promise and under-deliver (or not deliver... apparently).
At this point you think people answering the phone at JJP would be smart enough not to be promising a shipping date unless the game was done and in da' box. Apparently old habits die hard.

I work in sales any my motto has always been the classic under promise and over deliver. I always tell my customers the worst case senario and hope for the best.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

If it makes you feel any better, i just paid mine off last month so im a late late order feb. 2013 and i was told October. I cant see that happening but obviously they plan on hammering them out. If i were in your shoes id probably just wait. Like you said you have a game you really enjoy right now. I dont know about you but for me a month goes by in what feels like a few days. Unless it were for financial reasons, id hang in there.

It is not a financial reason because i already paid for the game a while ago but it is just frustrating to be told the wrong thing time and time again. And apparently the order that Jack is shipping them is not based on invoice number since my invoice is 1994 on 1/9/11 and I just saw that someone in the 2000s shipped.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

And apparently the order that Jack is shipping them is not based on invoice number since my invoice is 1994 on 1/9/11 and I just saw that someone in the 2000s shipped.

1994 should have shipped already.....

#13 6 years ago

If you really want the game then I would wait it out, especially you being a 1/9/11 order.
Also, remember that the biggest order days were day 1 and day 2 (from what I have read).
They have already supposedly made the day one orders, so the following days will get faster and faster as the production speeds up and the number of orders per day was decreased.
If you are more interested in making some cash then by all means sell to someone that is willing to pay a little premium to get a WOZECLE very soon because they are excited about the game.

#14 6 years ago

Don't do it!!! Trust me its worth the wait. Do yourself a favor and stop thinking about due dates and delivery. Play your Metallica, and when you get a call that it's out the door, get excited!

-jon

#15 6 years ago

If you are unhappy, get out. Once the well is poisoned, you'll never be satisfied. Enjoy your Metallica, make a profit selling your spot and bank a pile of cash.

I figure mine won't be ready until late this year, but I'm OK with the wait, so I will hang in there.

We each follow the path that makes us happy.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

1994 should have shipped already.....

Ice is correct I thought all day one orders shipped
Hang tight OP you should get the call any day
To bail after 2.5 years with days to go
Would be a sad deal!

#17 6 years ago

Have you talked to Jack directly? If I were in your shoes, that's definitely what I would do, especially if you were a day 1 order and the rumor is that all of those have shipped!

#18 6 years ago

But you could sell it for a big markup now(lets say $8500) and then buy one in 6 months after the market has saturated for less than you sold it for (maybe $7800). $700 profit and you have another pin to occupy your time in the meantime. This seems like a no-brainer if you can stand the wait. When I bought my playstation 3 I immediately sold it on ebay for $1000. 6 months later I paid less than $500 for one. I say take advantage of supply and demand.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

But you could sell it for a big markup now(lets say $8500) and then buy one in 6 months after the market has saturated for less than you sold it for (maybe $7800). $700 profit and you have another pin to occupy your time in the meantime. This seems like a no-brainer if you can stand the wait. When I bought my playstation 3 I immediately sold it on ebay for $1000. 6 months later I paid less than $500 for one. I say take advantage of supply and demand.

I was one of those guys, i purchased a playstation 3 online the day they came out.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Have you talked to Jack directly? If I were in your shoes, that's definitely what I would do, especially if you were a day 1 order and the rumor is that all of those have shipped!

I haven't talked with him yet, I do not see a point to talking to him. If he was shipping the games in order I should have my game. I have been in contact with Jen who gave me the information of this week for "the call". I was excited to get a machine that my wife liked and the kids could play, but with all the delays and Jacks inability to answer a question straight makes the wait even more difficult.

#21 6 years ago

I think you'll regret selling it

#22 6 years ago

If its not there when you want it, sell it,bail, etc.
Lots of other games available.

Some of you guys are WAY more patient than I would be with the spotty or missed delivery times.

#23 6 years ago

Invoice #1992 was just received on Friday. Invoice 1984 shipped out on the 27th. I believe Jack is going in actual PayPal deposit order rather than invoice number order for these first few days, since invoices may not have been created in strict sequence (ie. you check your mail and you have 30 deposits, and you start entering them in the system from the top newest to the lower oldest message, not realizing at the time that this would make any difference).

#24 6 years ago

My god there is a good story for everything...

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

My god there is a good story for everything...

Its perception....

Is the glass 1/2 full ?
Is the glass 1/2 empty?

OR
Is the glass 50% too big?

#26 6 years ago

So numbered games were not built in order so they aren't shipped in order. I can understand that, but invoices are somehow not in order and shipping is based on some sort of paypal sequence that ....... ahhh nevermind. This sounds like another flimsy excuse like the whole reasoning behind automated services getting their games first.

#27 6 years ago

As everyone said, phone Jack. He is very approachable. The game is worth the wait.
He's worth talking to as well.

#28 6 years ago

I should point out that this is just my guess (why I used the words "I believe" - I'm not trying to pass this off as fact), based on the seemingly random order of completed invoices (ie. invoice #2000 was received like a month ago, invoice 2190 was in fact a day 1 order and has been received, etc.)

It's a lot easier to simply ship them in invoice number, unless there's a reason why that wouldn't faithfully reflect actual deposit order.

#29 6 years ago

Who does Jacks bookkeeping? Might want to put out a craigslist ad- Help wanted. Someone who can count.

#30 6 years ago

I feel for you dude. I feel the same way. Been real tired of the over promising. He told me late June too. It's funny because whenever I say anything about WOZ to my wife, she says "oh that game you were supposed to get last year".

At this point I think it would be a mistake to bail now though. Just hang in there and wait for your game. The next time Jack asks for a pre-order on future games just say HELL NO.

Pappy

#31 6 years ago

I don't understand what your issue is. It's easy to understand that you're anxious to play the game and disappointed it hasn't arrived yet. I get it.
Of course, the rest is all in your head. Quit telling yourself that it will actually arrive "next week" and go play your Metallica til it shows up.
You've waited this long already and once it arrives, you won't have to wait another day.
If the game is good, you'll be happy. If it sucks, you'll be disappointed. No need for any other self-made drama.
No disrespect intended. I lose sleep the night before getting a new pin. You're not alone, just making it worse by expecting to receive the game "next week" time and time again.

Patience!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I feel for you dude. I feel the same way. Been real tired of the over promising. He told me late June too. It's funny because whenever I say anything about WOZ to my wife, she says "oh that game you were supposed to get last year".
At this point I think it would be a mistake to bail now though. Just hang in there and wait for your game. The next time Jack asks for a pre-order on future games just say HELL NO.
Pappy

I agree there is no way that I will pre-order a game from Jack again. He makes beautiful work but the way that he treats the people who helped him to start his company is amazing. There are 1000 people who gave him money to start his adventure interest free and he can't even be bothered to give them a list of who is first. I think it is rude.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Who does Jacks bookkeeping? Might want to put out a craigslist ad- Help wanted. Someone who can count.

Certain jokes are all the same. Once you've heard Juan, you've heard Jamal

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I don't understand what your issue is. It's easy to understand that you're anxious to play the game and disappointed it hasn't arrived yet. I get it.
Of course, the rest is all in your head. Quit telling yourself that it will actually arrive "next week" and go play your Metallica til it shows up.

The dude is tired of the dangling carrot BS. It's been going on for a looong time. Pretty understandable.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Quit telling yourself that it will actually arrive "next week"

Uh...he isn't "telling himself" that. He's being told that by JJP!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Its perception....
Is the glass 1/2 full ?
Is the glass 1/2 empty?
OR
Is the glass 50% too big?

The water has been compressed to half its normal volume.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

As everyone said, phone Jack.

Yes, phone Jack. But listen to your gut.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I agree there is no way that I will pre-order a game from Jack again. He makes beautiful work but the way that he treats the people who helped him to start his company is amazing. There are 1000 people who gave him money to start his adventure interest free and he can't even be bothered to give them a list of who is first. I think it is rude.

I wouldn't do it; it sure is worth the wait.

Being who he is, Jack knows how to treat his customers well, and he's already proven this time and again. What's happening right now is pangs of birth which it always happens before delivery. Some more patience please. I've pre-ordered The Hobbit LE without any concerns whatsoever and believe that it'll be a lot smoother and faster progression by comparison.

#40 6 years ago

The only thing missing from this thread is a low ball offer...................$7500 cash!

#41 6 years ago

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that everything is a 1st for JJP, including making all the mistakes of over-promising delivery timelines, it is what it is....as for the pin itself, it looks phenomenal and looks to be an over-deliver....

It also doesn't take a genius to figure out that JJP will get better and more efficient the second go round, much better and much more efficient.....

So whine all you want, there will be plenty of people ready to step up and buy #2, #3 and so on....especially as the quality comparisons to Stern become much clearer and evident as more people get their pins...

#42 6 years ago

Do you think jack WANTS you to have your game already?

If so, wait...

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Uh...he isn't "telling himself" that. He's being told that by JJP!

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Jack has clearly not been able to follow through on his promises. That was determined weeks/months/a year ago.
So anyone who doesn't understand that "when it arrives, it arrives" is only making things harder on themselves.

If you've waited this long, hang in there.

#44 6 years ago

crashnt20,

I can't tell you how amazed I have been with my game. I really think it should be called something new to define the quality and fun this game has shown to be. Maybe a new name like super pinball or funball or futureball. These names really describe the New Wizard of OZ future-ball machine. This blows away ANYTHING being produced in the gaming market right now.

It is like playing an old EM and then playing a MM. Like stepping through a time portal into the future.

I'm sure I'll get some dipshit to respond here with a negative comment because people fear what they don't understand. Anyone who disagrees with me either has not played the game recently, is a dipshit, or missed out on getting one and is green with envy. Maybe you can pick two of the three and be even more correct!

I know waiting was hard but I NEVER considered dumping mine for a sternturd game. Don't you remember not so long ago when Gary and company didn't give two shits about the home collector???? I am not bashing them but merely stating fact. Jack is all about customer satisfaction and EVERY customer is just as important as another. If I buy 1 or 100 games I am just as important to him and his company. Don't sit mad behind your keyboard... clear your throat, pick up the phone and call Jack directly. Chew his ass if you need to but call him and get the straight story on what is going on in JJP. I have his cell number if you want it.

Do what you want but if you want a great game hold out for the WOZ you have paid for already. Maybe you wont regret selling WOZ since you will have a pile of cash to show for it. I think you should deiced if you want a kick-ass game or a pile of money, it's that simple.

Now let's hear from the long line of dipshits who are going to tell me how and why I am sooooooo wrong.

Chris

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Now let's hear from the long line of dipshits who are going to tell me how and why I am sooooooo wrong.

I think the "dipsh*t" brigade is getting the message as to how great this pin is going to be and what the future looks like!......

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The water has been compressed to half its normal volume.

But you can not compress a liquid.......

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

I'm not going to tell you that you are wrong.

But I am going to tell you that I place zero weight on your opinion when you make references to "Sternturd" and calling others "dipshits" who haven't even responded to your post.

Your post is nothing but trolling.

Well done.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

But you can not compress a liquid.......

You're not trying hard enough.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But I am going to tell you that I place zero weight on your opinion when you make references to "Sternturd" and calling others "dipshits" who haven't even responded to your post.

"Sternturd" is not a good reference, I like my "Sternturds" after all......

But "zero weight"? Come on counselor, that is just ignoring the facts of the case

#50 6 years ago

The way I look at my WOZ ECLE wait (I ordered in March 2012) is that the money is already spent. The game will come when it comes. I am not micro-managing this wait; it does no good and can only make me nuts. I believe Jack wants me to have my game as much as I do.

I am fine with doing it again. I am now making my payments on TH LE and I'm not worrying about that one either. It too will come when it comes. Fortunately, I can afford these games and am not forced to make any adjustments in my life due to tying up this cash. I have a high pressure career and this is supposed to be fun and my escape. By adopting this approach, it remains so.

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside