(Topic ID: 252882)

Considering selling MET pro for GB - thoughts for / against?

By Tahitiansea

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should I sell MET pro to buy GB pro?”

• Sell MET / Buy GB 39 votes
    31%
  • Keep MET 87 votes
    69%

(126 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190702_195043852 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tahitiansea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’ve put in about 25 games on the new GB code and really enjoyed it. I have always loved the artwork / theme / layout of GB and now I feel the code is in a good place and a lot more enjoyable. I have owned MET pro for a few months as well. I own IMDN and currently have 2 music pins in my collection. Been thinking about selling MET to pick up a GB pro and I go back and forth about it. Just wanted to see what folks thought? I like to look at the for / against arguments when making decisions and figured there may be some things I had not considered. I am just comparing the pro versions of each machine and don’t really have the option to just add a pin without selling one at this time.

#7 4 years ago

Just added a poll.

#15 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Keep them coming. I love the theme and artwork on GB and the new code is pretty dang fun. I didn’t buy it in the past due to the different layout and the code but it has grown on me the more I play it. I hate the thought of selling any of the games I currently have but would love to add GB. DP is a different layout and I love it so GB may continue to grow on me. 75% say keep MET and that is tough to ignore.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I like both![quoted image]

Would love to pick up both if I could. Those both look amazing!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I owned a Metallica Pro, sold it, now a few years later have a Ghostbusters Premium. Metallica is a great pin but I'm not a fan of the ruleset. I prefer objective based rulesets that work the playfield with mini wizard and super wizard modes. Metallica often felt like chopping wood in terms of the modes mostly centering around hitting the same shots over and over again. Hitting the snake or captive ball shots over and over again got old quick. The Crank it Up modes do work the playfield but they are hidden behind a bunch of bash style modes. I feel very similar about ACDC, just not a fan of either ruleset. GB however is all about objective based modes that work the entire playfield in interesting ways which is what I prefer.
I may still pick Metallica Pro over GB pro but would pick GB premium over any Metalica model. GB is one of Stern's most loaded pins to date, and the new code makes it have an extremely deep and unique objective based ruleset.
The people that bash on GB tend to hate the playfield layout. I think it's one of Stern's best as it's the complete opposite of a fan layout. Unlike most pins, and nearly all Stern's, GB actually utilizes the entire playfield space well including the mid and lower areas with the 3x captive ball and 2 scoops (or saucer on pro).

I think that is what makes me want to sell it. I really enjoy the mode based games and bashing the same shots does get a bit old. I completed the 4 crank it up modes and was close to starting EotL after about 1 month of owning it. This is a tough one

#34 4 years ago

I got a good deal on Metallica so that just makes it that much harder to decide. Used pins are hard to come by in my area compared to other major cities so I might have to wait a while for the right deal to pop up on a HUO GB or possibly a trade. I put in about 20 games on JP2 this past week (about 70 overall) and decided to toss a few quarters in GB since the arcade updated the code. I had fun playing JP2 but GB left a big smile on my face. That’s what started this whole mess. Any GB owners have any issues in the last few years of ownership? I work on all my own games and am always curious about this aspect as well in regards to GB.

#45 4 years ago

Thanks for all the great feedback. Just been getting the “new pin” bug. Lots of good stuff out lately and had written off GB til I played the new code. It’s pretty much 70-30 to keep MET in the poll. Curious who has played the new code already and has feedback regarding likes / dislikes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tahitiansea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-selling-met-pro-for-gb-thoughts-for-against?tu=Tahitiansea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.