• Latest reply 6 years ago by bobwiley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140413_211615 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I'm taking a look at a CFTBL today. From picks I have seen it has some minor planking in the playfield, couple broken plastics, looks like a split in the center ramp up top where a switch would be and some possibe mending on the right ramp as if it maybe broke there near the wall of the cabinet due to poor game design (no support). Looks like it was mended with three strips of plastic. Cabinet is in good shape. Have to see of hologram works, etc. Need a complete shop out. Haven't seen pics of the boards. Batteries were taken out when put in storage in 1999.

1. I'm getting several different suggestions on value. What would be a range?
2. If the hologram isn't working can you find the motors? Seems I can't find them anywhere. Game has been in storage for 19 years so I want to cover my bases.

Never owned one of these and it seems prices are all over on pinside historical sales.

#2 6 years ago

- I am in Aus so I can't help with values in relation to the US but check out this link for ebay history of CFTBL

http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/Creature/prices?c=us

- hologram no working could be 4 thinks - motors gone (will be hard to find), hologram stuff (there are repros) so take off $300-$500 to replace, a setting could be turned off (easy fix), fuse could be out (fuse or wire cut - a little harder to find).

- plastics can be found so $100 or so

- ramps are available so for a few hundred that could be solved.

- playfield planking - this would be a deal breaker for many people, so would to check it is real planking, any water / moisture damage at the sides of the playfield or just needs a good clean and also if you want a player. Playfields are hard to come by and probably $800 and upwards.

here is a link to find parts for the game

https://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=creature%20from%20the%20black%20lagoon

hope that helps

#3 6 years ago

3k if the planking is minimal. Maybe less. You have to check the hologram status. All the things you mentioned the boards the ramps the Plastics they're all expensive to replace and you'll still have a planked Playfield. Not to mention the Hologram which can involve a lot of money. You will be up to 4 to 4500 no problem by the time you get it up and going.
And will never get good money for it with that Playfield

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

3k if the planking is minimal. Maybe less. You have to check the hologram status. All the things you mentioned the boards the ramps the Plastics they're all expensive to replace and you'll still have a planked Playfield. Not to mention the Hologram which can involve a lot of money. 2-3k. You will be up to 4 to 4500 no problem by the time you get it up and going.
And will never get good money for it with that Playfield

should have read two to three thousand would be my offer for the game- that's why you have to go check everything out

#6 6 years ago

I have 2 spare motors for CFTBL!!

#7 6 years ago

Thanks guys, I passed on it. Needed ramps, Plastics and planking was pretty evident. It

#8 6 years ago

What is planking?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

What is planking?

not my picture... but this is planking

IMG_20140413_211615 (resized).jpgIMG_20140413_211615 (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for the pic. So to be clear, is is when the wood has cracks that go with the grain?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-purchasing-a-cftbl-have-some-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.