• Leave it as is 6 votes
    67%

(9 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671F864B-6A17-466A-9B63-4CDB1873F922 (resized).jpeg
4B4D85A2-AE30-4E56-B1DC-032900C67E95 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am really considering redoing a custom playfield for our cosmic carnival. I love the artwork on cabinet and playfield. I would strip out all wiring and mechs off original. I have a great artist working on my Star Trek discovery machine and I believe she could handle the project. The one in it is unique, but the shot layout I am getting tired of it. It is one of 25 machines and that is only thing hanging in my head. I put a few games on it when we got it and paint started flying off it right away. If I want to preserve the playfield I have to put a playfield protector on it. Basically if I do that I have to tear down the topside. And I am such a maniac I think I would just say strip it completely and make my own. If I did do my own playfield I would keep original in a box, but I probally would never switch it back to the original one. Is this a very dumb idea? I know its my machine and my decision, honestly looking for opinion about doing this. We are never selling the machine, so I guess I am just looking for a kick in the ass to do it.

#2 3 years ago

This damage was after 10 gamess.

4B4D85A2-AE30-4E56-B1DC-032900C67E95 (resized).jpeg4B4D85A2-AE30-4E56-B1DC-032900C67E95 (resized).jpeg
#6 3 years ago

I would not destroy or ruin the original playfield everthing topside would be boxed up. I would only use everything under the playfield. All the mechs, switches, wiring as is. Not sure I clarified that point. The game is beautifull, we just do not turn it on. Its been sitting there for months. The paint on playfield and clearcoating is horrendously flying off so we stopped playing it. I am not a huge fan of playfield protectors to begin with. But if we want to play it further its needed. I will not even attempt this until my star trek is done anyway. I was just curious as to the sanity of doing such a thing to a weird game. Thanks for any input.

#9 3 years ago

Yes this is stupid... I know its dumb. I partially bought it to see a proc run game. Once I did get it I went into making my machine. Really getting the vibe to leave it alone. Understandable, thats why I asked.

#10 3 years ago

Thanks for the thoughts. It just sucks leaving a machine in another room to gather dust. Its not alone it has a cyclone for company. It is a really nice looking machine so its that much harder to just leave it. I cant see myself stripping it down to get the paint touched up and recleared. I did make a cliffy for that area. But I cant tell you how terrible the chipping is. If I play it as is it will destroy itself. I hate owning a machine that I will not play. That was my only reasoning for making one to play on it. The nays have swayed me to leave it. Thanks for the replies

671F864B-6A17-466A-9B63-4CDB1873F922 (resized).jpeg671F864B-6A17-466A-9B63-4CDB1873F922 (resized).jpeg

#12 3 years ago

My wife has bought some of the machines from me so I cant sell them. Not kidding. She is ok with a machine sitting unplayed. I get to a point where if I dont play it I want to move on, she does not. I cant sell or trade this game, Tron, Star Trek, Sttng, Indianna Jones and even Shrek. That is why I was really considering doing a playfield for this. I would atleast play it again. It is going to sit idle for years, which is sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Loganpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-custom-playfield-to-replace-cosmic-carnivals-in-ours?tu=Loganpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.