• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zermeno68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220614_105928 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I’m torn. I want JJP TS4, reviewing code and watching streamers run though the game I’m concerned about longevity of home entertainment. I still need to play it, but already put deposit.

To my question:

I’m considering changing my mind to buy WOZ. However, I want opinions on the light board issue I’m seeing. Do you recommend waiting for a Verizon that comes with 2.0 kit?

Does JJP even offer them anymore?

Besides cosmetics is there difference from ECLE, RR edition?

I know this code is Deep. I’ve played WOZ already and hated it as it was brutal.. that was in the wild and I’m sure it’s a blast in home setting.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Lord…do not come here to ask what game you should buy…you will get 50 opinions and half will tell you to buy something you aren’t looking at. You have a deposit for a TS4….have you played it or did you just buy it off theme alone? That’s always a mistake unless it is a true “dream theme” and you know it’s what you want. You are not a noob so you know by know what type of games you enjoy most.
As far as WOZ goes yes you really need to get one that has the 2.0 lighting installed. I do not believe any kits are in stock at the moment but that doesn’t mean someone is not sitting on one or a vendor might have one as well…..if you can get a GOOD deal on a WOZ I would get the WOZ but if you did not like it when you played it before you most likely won’t like it now. It’s pretty eye candy for sure….it’s not the easiest of pins but code is deep so lots to do/see on the game so in a home environment you would have the time to see those things. No difference from ECLE or RR as far as game play that I can think of. The moving monkey was dropped from the last run of the YBR version.
For perspective I played WOZ and a Metallica pro when both had first come out…..WOZ is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and for me it was fun….but Metallica….just amazing. I loved the Sparky animations….the call outs and I like Metallica music(early not their new crap)but I could only afford one. Metallica premium was ordered and no regrets. Not suggesting you should get a Metallica but only you can decide what game is right for you….
Do consider WOZ has been around a while but is considered a good game. TS4 is brand new and many mixed feelings on it. Unless a miracle happens you most likely can pick up a TS4 for less than new if you wanted down the road. TS4 sounds like it shoots good but I have doubts how long it would last in a home collection unless you have kids that really like it.
Just remember you can always sell a game and buy another that you like better so don’t be afraid if you end up not liking a game.

Yeah, I know it’s my mistake to ask my question this way.. guess I should have narrowed my question to just asking about the light boards.

Thanks for input and I was think similar to what your saying about purchasing WOZ. Yes, I have Met Premium and it’s a blast. It’s too hard for my kids, but I bought it for myself.

I was thinking TS4 to have as a family pin which the kids like the movies (even TS4) and put a deposit blindly for that reason and it was a Lawlor game.
I’ve love his games.

Just 2nd guess based on longevity for myself. Ugh… I know I put myself in this position.

Still have time to think.

#21 1 year ago

Thanks all for your input. I’ll keep this in mind. You’ve all helped me understand the lighting issue with WOZ.

There is a local place to play TS4 on site, but I just had baby #3 and I’m certain the wife will not be up for a 2 1/2 hour drive one way to play this game (spite being at a Korean bbq eatery… I bet the food is yummy).

WOZ might be my bolted to the floor game for longevity, but I think I’ll give TS4 a shot for a while to give myself/family/friends a crack at it.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

This is common with WOZ owners. I love mine and will never part with it, BUT if I had to do a count of how frequently I play it, out of my little 4 game collection it ranks #3 or #4 with play counts. I have a Space Shuttle right next to it, I can flip it on, powers on immediately, the game is hard as hell, and within a few minutes I can play a complete game of pinball, turn the machine off, and get a quick pin fix. For WOZ, I feel the need to dedicate a good hour to play it. I also have Wonka and absolutely love that title. My nephews are completely wowed by WOZ, but they will keep hitting "start" on Wonka and gravitate to the faster gameplay on Wonka machine versus my others. If I had a TS4, honestly they would probably play the heck out of it (more than WOZ). Just food for thought.

Thanks for your honest review. I want to say most folks with young families or people who would entertain non-pinheads would gravitate with TS4 like they would with Wonka.

I’m like you where sometimes I can only play 15-30 minutes of pinball. WOZ sounds like an investment of time when you pick it up and play a round.

Seems I’ll get some good satisfaction playing through a fun game and save weekends for long rounds.

I’ll eventually get a WOZ, but for now you all have provided me with valuable information when I’m ready to buy.

Thanks Pinsiders.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Woz is absolutely incredible. I didn’t like the game on location. It was too dark, couldn’t hear what was going on and had no idea what to do. Purchased a RR Edition and got they game home and everything changed. The game is like a novel and it just keeps unfolding, layer after layer, deeper and deeper and very few will ever see the end of it. That’s a large reason for its staying power in my collection. For some reason getting to the wizard mode does seem possible even though logically I know I’m not good enough to get there, but it makes me believe it’s possible.
Melting the witch is the most rewarding accomplishment in all of pinball in my opinion and worth the adventure alone. I did wait and found a version with 2.0 boards and glad I did. I’ve fixed a lot of things on my game over time but never have to mess with the lighting.
Buy a Woz

I'm really considering of selling my Star Wars with Topper to generate funds to buy one. If I'm gonna buy TS4 which seems to be a smooth game, I'm not sure if I want to keep 2 of them in my lineup with limited space.

For me, I don't mind having one pin that is very tough to finish its game and WoZ seems to fit the bill.

#47 1 year ago

Also, I've seen in WoZ main thread people are being contacted by JJP about 2.0 Lighting kit purchases. Its a limited amount, but how long do you think JJP will support producing 2.0 lighting kits for WoZ?

That could adjust which WoZ version to buy knowing I can get the kit on the side?

I'm trying to find alternative ideas of getting WoZ without the 2.0 kit in case a great deal pops up near my area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 5.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-buying-woz-advice-needed?tu=zermeno68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.