Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by twenty84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

there is a apollo 13 for sale locally, i think im might go look at it. i was told playfield is excellent, translite is good but there are some rubs in the cabinet. he is asking $2,600 for it. what is the general consensus on this pin? is it well liked?

#2 9 years ago

I love it for the theme. multiball is fun, has pretty good ruleset, and they only made 2,000. I'll never sell mine now that I have one, took me a year to find one. There will most likely be ball wear at the shooter lane drop in the back. I paid $2300 for mine, but it also had some issues and is a re-import.

Things to check:
Moon magnet work?
multiball work? And does it return all the balls to the back?
Check the trough switch, this tends to get damage. Also check for side cabinet damage since it flicks the balls against it pretty hard
Check the pop bumper brackets for cracks or breaks. When I bought mine, the bracket was cracked off and the coil was dangling

#3 9 years ago

$2,600 is about the going rate for a decent one. Make sure that moon magnet works. Go check out the Apollo 13 thread for other problems and mod ideas if you decide to buy one. I really like mine, it's such a cool looking game and it's loaded with features.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houston-weve-had-a-problem-here-–––-apollo-13-club-–––-everyone-welcome

#4 9 years ago

Moon magnet!! and that belt that drives it

I had the game back a ways.... its cool and initial FUN FACTOR was a big time hit... but the thrill of the possible 13 multiball kind of gets old ONCE YOU GET IT you realize you cant really control anymore than about 5 balls anyhow so its a big feature to the game that to me in the long run is a bust. Let me put it a different way: ONE OF THE BEST GAMES TO PLAY AT YOUR BUDDY'S PLACE, or in an arcade or at a pinball show.

The regular multiball is achieved by shooting the rocket ramp as I remember. and I recall basically constantly just shooting for that one ramp on the left.

$2600.. sure if you want it and its your cup-o-tea , that seems very fair.

oh yeah - its a great game for you to mod up the playfield creatively in area's with lunar landers, astronaut figures, and the likes. I forget where I put a few things but there is ample opportunity to be creative!

Scale out of 10:
Initially an 8.........after you figure it out maybe a 6.

#5 9 years ago

there is another pin that i was considering, if i could find one at a reasonable price, revenge from mars. i played on recently but the guy wanted $4K which is probably overpriced for that pin. it is an outrageously fun and has allot of humor..... mars kneads women, and the chicken fighting the pig. i think $4k is a little much.

#6 9 years ago

Play it a few times and see if you like it. It doesn't matter what someone else thinks. The price is decent if it's in good shape. Since you've played RFM, compare the two and decide. I agree, $4k is a bit much.

#7 9 years ago

Both of the games you're looking at are overpriced. There were about 3 Apollo 13s up for sale here a few weeks back. Average asking price was about $2300, and I don't think any sold for asking price. At the time, the consensus was that it's a $2000ish game. That one is about $500 high.

I have a home use only RFM, and even that one I wouldn't value at $4k. Only RFM that should ever go over $3500 is the first sample/proto game that came up here recently.

*edit* Home use only RFMs seem to go around $3200-3500. Ones that have been on route seen to stay under $3000. Probably $2800 on average. The one you're looking at is probably a grand high.

Don't buy either unless you can negotiate at least 25% off the price.

#8 9 years ago

A13 is a fun pin. I love "Spirit in the sky" multi-ball. However, I hate that the modes can't be stacked. I sold mine because it was driving me crazy timing out every damn mode, except docking, which if you complete you get a extra ball. But the rest of the modes well... Suck. I do love me some splash-down mini wizard mode. It also does have a fun video mode.

#9 9 years ago

3 apollo 13's for sale in you area?? im envious, you must have a great local pinball market. the pinball market around here is terrible, there is literally very little worth buying, sometimes something does come up but its gone fast. there was a pinbot that sold rather quickly for $1k, i would have bought that if i had the chance.... there litteraly is very little here for sale. of course i live in the economically dead wny area, its like the armpit of the country...... very high taxes, cold weather, snow, and tons of welfare recipients

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

there is another pin that i was considering, if i could find one at a reasonable price, Revenge From Mars. i played on recently but the guy wanted $4K which is probably overpriced for that pin. it is an outrageously fun and has allot of humor..... mars kneads women, and the chicken fighting the pig. i think $4k is a little much.

$4K for a Revenge from Mars is a complete rip off - you are correct.
Not a penny over $2,800 is a good deal, and that's if the RFM is working 100% with a capped monitor, or a replacement installed.

Apollo 13 - guy who mentioned the 13 ball multi-ball growing tedious is right on the money, but it is a fun game, retains it's value, and can always be resold.

#11 9 years ago

I would take a $2600 A13 over a $3500 RFM everyday. I thought RFM was really cool....at first. But the games can get pretty long on that one.

I really like my A13....even though I had it for sale recently (sold WPT instead). I'm actually happy that A13 didn't sell. The shots are tight and it keeps you coming back. Set the 13-ball to "hard"....it will become so rare that will actually be a big thrill every time you do get it. There are lots of modes and several multiballs......it's a fun pin. Helps if you like the theme. Getting to "Master Alarm" is no easy feat either! But it's a thrill when you finally do.

Oh...and 2k is nuts.....I've seen A13's go for 2700+ if everything is working and it's in really good condition.......condition is everything. Average A13's are not in great condition though so yeah you might find those sub $2500.

#12 9 years ago

i bought the apollo 13, i paid full price but the guy is going to deliver it for a few extra dollars (gas) he lives 1-1/2 hours from my home so he going have a 3 hour drive to drop it off. its a really nice game, a couple of rubs on the cabinet but i consider that normal wear on a machine that was probably vended. the translite, playfield, and boards are all excellent. i really like this game, its allot of fun to play, has some very challenging shots and the theme is just awesome. i put a deposit down and just have to wait 'till the tax refund comes it. he is going to hold it until i get the balance of the money.

#13 9 years ago

Congrats on the buy. I think it is a fun game. It sounds like you bought the one Anthony was selling. He is a great guy, I have bought from him in the past.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-a-sega-apollo-13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.