• Medieval Madness Remake 34 votes
    50%
  • Star Wars LE 10 votes
    15%
  • Star Trek (Premium/LE) 24 votes
    35%

(68 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Looking for community feedback on a NIB pin purchase.

My three options are in the poll.

Thanks!

#3 6 years ago

Jjp pins are amazing....

#4 6 years ago

Star Trek LE
Only because I already have the other two. Sorry I'm an Asshole.

Kidding aside I love Star Wars LE that is the game I play the most in my collection. Although my second is favorite is MMRLE even over my AFMRLE. Bottom line you cant go wrong with any of these games. Some might steer you away from Star Wars but this guy still loves his purchase.

Early Congrats on whichever you so choose.

#5 6 years ago

NIB or new to you used? Also go to Free Play Florida and see what's for sale for used pins.

#6 6 years ago

Three good choices. I don't think you could wrong with any of 'em. I voted SW. It's just the newest and least familiar to me, so I am biased.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Looking for community feedback on a pin purchase.
My three options are in the poll.
Thanks!

Of your choices, the other two aren't even in the same universe as MM. I would have left it more open for general suggestions or a bigger poll.

For example, AfMr SE/LE would be a great choice because of the giant wide screen and updated graphics that plays almost the same as MM, then you can wait until MM is re-released with the wide, large color screen if you still want that later.

And WoZ or Dialed In should always be considered. They're great, and the quality level is out of this world.

#9 6 years ago

You want to be one of the cool kids or go with a known solid game - MM

You want to play the code update game - SW

You want a game with good code and some risk vs reward strategies - ST

MM is a good game but in a small collection I'm afraid it would get old fast. I owned a ST and in a smaller size collection it held up real good as it had several ways to play it and getting to the 2nd or 3rd wizard modes us tough.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

MM is a good game but in a small collection I'm afraid it would get old fast. I owned a ST and in a smaller size collection it held up real good as it had several ways to play it and getting to the 2nd or 3rd wizard modes us tough.

Definitely a individual taste issue. Star Trek Prem bored me to tears, but it does have Color DMD available now, so that's a bonus.

#11 6 years ago

MMR will not be released with a large screen as per Doug @ CGC However there will be a kit in the future. I have AFMRLE and MMRLE and I think MMRLE is a better game. AFMRLE might look better but MMRLE plays better at least to me. WOZ or DI are both great choices. I have them both as well.

However like I said earlier I play my SWLE more then all of the games you have mentioned. The only one I do not have is STLE and I would own it because the game is beautiful and plays well. Just looking for the right local deal. Lots of great pins out there but you need to buy what does it for you. Let's not mess with him by adding more pins to his pile to pick from. I take it you are not a SWLE fan that is fine but he seems to like it otherwise it would not be in his list of 3.

I vote SWLE again that is out of the 3 you mentioned.

#12 6 years ago

I have all 3 and voted for SW LE. ST prem is one of my favorite games and has been in my collection the longest, but in my opinion SW LE takes it to the next level. The castle on MMR is really cool, but the rules get old fast in my opinion as there is really only one way to play the game. If you decide you want an MMR LE with a color display and some mods I'll gladly sell you mine. The SW LE and ST prem aren't leaving though.

#13 6 years ago

The Star Wars LE isn’t going to happen. Is the Premium as good?

#14 6 years ago

Same game just different look plays 100% the same. Once STERN's extras get approved from Lucas films you will be able to deck it out all you want.

Topper rails shooter art blades etc.

Looking forward to the topper.

#15 6 years ago

If you like the franchises (and I assume you do) both Star Trek and Star Wars are fun. Medieval Madness is a legend tho, and the remake is very nice.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

The Star Wars LE isn’t going to happen. Is the Premium as good?

Identical gameplay and the Premium looks better. What’s not to like?

#17 6 years ago

LE looks better!

#18 6 years ago

Easy poll... MMR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 64.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/considering-a-new-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.