(Topic ID: 177676)

Connectors, Pins, and Crimpers

By newmanoconnor

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I know trifurcon pins are best, can anyone recommend GPE value series connector housings?

What about an Amazon ratcheting crimper?

Anyone have any advice on what to order if I want to have stuff for future pins? I've only got two williams right now..

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from newmanoconnor:

can anyone recommend GPE value series connector housings

I use them more or less interchangeably.

What about an Amazon ratcheting crimper?

If you're looking for feedback on one, you'll have to specify--there's a number of makes & models. Here's an older discussion on crimpers: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-crimper-should-i-get

Anyone have any advice on what to order if I want to have stuff for future pins? I've only got two williams right now..

It really depends on the kind of repairs you plan on doing and how many games you plan on having. For someone with only two games, some rubbers, some balls, some screws, some washers, diodes.

If you start doing board repairs, you'll build up a parts stash eventually. If you only need one or two of something, buy a few more than you think you need if you plan on doing additional repair work. Obviously, for some of the more expensive components, you might not want to do that, but for cheaper general parts like pins, headers, connectors, wire, sockets, resistors, bridges, diodes, capacitors, etc.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I use them more or less interchangeably.

If you're looking for feedback on one, you'll have to specify--there's a number of makes & models. Here's an older discussion on crimpers: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-crimper-should-i-get

It really depends on the kind of repairs you plan on doing and how many games you plan on having. For someone with only two games, some rubbers, some balls, some screws, some washers, diodes.
    If you start doing board repairs, you'll build up a parts stash eventually. If you only need one or two of something, buy a few more than you think you need if you plan on doing additional repair work. Obviously, for some of the more expensive components, you might not want to do that, but for cheaper general parts like pins, headers, connectors, wire, sockets, resistors, bridges, diodes, capacitors, etc.

Thanks ForceFlow I appreciate the advice. I think I'm just going to get the BCT-1 crimpers. I really appreciate the feedback on the GPae connectors, and all your help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/connectors-pins-and-crimpers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.