• Latest reply 3 years ago by herg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8EEDB4B9-4F02-42F2-860B-E012518ADA33 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Question about replacing the connectors for the lower right drop targets on my Jokerz. I have some experience successfully replacing connectors but this is giving me some issues. The wires have been soldered directly to a molex connector from both sides as shown in the picture. What is the best way to replace this connector? I guess what is confusing me a little is that there are two wires from both sides which are soldered. Any input on doing this the right way while I have everything torn apart would be greatly appreciated.

8EEDB4B9-4F02-42F2-860B-E012518ADA33 (resized).jpeg8EEDB4B9-4F02-42F2-860B-E012518ADA33 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

In this case, where they've made a mess of both connectors and wires, I'd just cut the wires loose, recrimp, and put into new housings. You can get parts from GPE.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=86

You have a mix of 18AWG and 22AWG wires. Since you'll be crimping two wires into one contact, I'd use the larger contacts for both 18AWG and 22AWG.
08-52-0113

It still would be a good idea to get some of the smaller ones in case you're not getting good crimps on the 22AWG wires.
08-52-0125

Housings are at the bottom of the page. Get the ones with the right number of pin locations. You should also get some of the key plugs and key the connectors appropriately.

Finally, you don't need the crimper listed there. You can get inexpensive crimpers lots of other places.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/connector-replacement-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.