Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tilted81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

This is the one area that pinball is still in the dark ages. All premium pins should have a full online functionality. Online functionality has proven to massively increase revenue and profit. I work in console gaming and I know they are different, but the math does not lie. Updating your product post ship for free is proven to increase revenue. The entire goal is to keep you consumer playing longer and keeping them as deeply engaged as possible. There are so many easy wins in this area and I go on and on about how it works and why it works. The vocal minority will always just say it doesn't work and poke the same silly holes in it. A major key to being successful online is to learn to ignore that demographic, weed out the liars and naysayers. You do need a decent user base so Stern would make the most sense but they appear to be completely ignorant to the concepts.

#32 6 years ago

A very cheap camera and detect the playfield slope could solve 95% of cheating. Detect if anything intersects the outside edge of the play area and you pretty much good to go.

Before people say what about if I take the whole machine apart and intersect all the wires and switches. I did say 95%.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

But that's the point. If you can't prevent cheating 100% (and you can't) then there is no point in trying to prevent 95%.

Really this is your argument? I posted a solution I could implement in a couple of days that would keep 95% of the community honest. Nothing in life is 100% yet we still try everything. The top players in the world are all well known. Some guy starts posting high scores that doesn't belong and people are going to notice. Cheating is completely manageable. Every argument against it has been used to death they literally used to say the same shit in gaming. Turns out online is a money printing machine. I need to take my own advice and ignore the vocal minority.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yep that'y my argument. You aren't "keeping 95% of the community honest." The community is probably already 95% honest and doesn't need some crazy camera system to keep them honest. People who want to cheat will, regardless of what you try to implement against it. It's cute that you think you can solve this but you can't.

I'm not going to continue this debate, I knew the reaction pinside would have and its a pointless discussion.

As to what I can solve I will take the Pepsi challenge when it comes to online cheating with anyone. No system is 100% secure, yet for some reason they still lock the door at the bank.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/connected-pins-1?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.