(Topic ID: 246738)

Congrats US Women's Soccer - WORLD CHAMPS!

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ali pinball (resized).jpg
    NYC parade 2 (resized).jpg
    USNWT (resized).jpg
    fans (resized).jpg
    fans 2 (resized).jpg
    fans 3 (resized).jpg
    USWNT fan (resized).jpg
    NYC parade (resized).jpg
    Megan_Rapinoe (resized).jpg
    6CBCEF1D-066C-4B07-81D2-153BC9B19F5D (resized).jpeg
    tenor.gif
    snake2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8995 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-07-08-15-27-25 (resized).png
    eff73019-2dc6-4fdf-8e5b-00fcec43799b (resized).jpg
    T_SHIRT_FRONT_01416216-93ca-4c64-bee1-d0bd30f85a2f_grande (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 4 years ago

I have a curious question I cant seem to get a straight answer,

The roughly 3 Million people in the country that dont stand for the anthem, or hang a flag, say the pledge, or show any respect under their
    religious freedom rights, are they just as unpatriotic, deemed un-American, and equally subject to wrath?

I dont really know.......

#156 4 years ago

All I can say ICE, is this was a Non issue, over the 18 Athletes that did not attend the White house over 3 Administrations.

While I respect that it might bother some people, I disagree with a Judgement from some, on either side, in an attempt to define
    personal standards for all.

You mentioned immigrants, and only in the sense of faith. There are many who have "hate", there are many who disagree that they are of Faith.

What drives these divisions are controlled media and Propaganda....It can be hard to see this, I know, but as I track this internally as best I can in the military, externally in public servants, and globally with family working with governments, I cant help but say that some Strong feelings about what is right or wrong are highly marginalized feelings.

It doesnt negate them, just that through history we find many social outcries, only in hindsight to ask, "how did this happen?"
    Look at McCarthy...People believed with passion, because of Media.....

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well, if you really care about the lowest unemployment rate in history,

But ICE, this is how numbers get messy....
    The lowest unemployment rate was 1.2% in 1944.

The Lowest percentage for say Blacks is today, but as the total drops, so does the percentage.
    If one looks at the decrease by numbers, its a different stat, If its numbers based on changes in population growth,
    again numbers can be presented differently.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

We will always be more alike then we are different.

Times 100!

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Operation mockingbird.

Thanks! I didnt know it had a name! Lots to read.

One point I wish to share.

A news story....about something new, and involving US and an Overseas country.

When this happens as it does often, My brother can find himself on 3 different continents, in as many days.
    He will see the media in the airports and hotels.
    Then he will meet with Governments, Banks, Corps, Military.

That ONE new story has so many different "views" and opinions, it boggles his mind!
    After he is done with "official" business, and opinions, they often head out for dinners and drinks.
    The same people now have completely different personal opinions.
    It makes him Nuts!

Finding "truth" he feels is almost impossible, as Media is marginalized.

With all disrespect intended. There is one person, carrying a great deal of Global Opinion shaping.

The Womans Team Controversy, as an Example, had way different stories in AU, Singapore, Germany, and New Zealand,
    on his last Trip.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Hey Roffels, we are ALL alright, no matter what.
    What i do everyday, i help young people, old people, black people, white people and yes a lot of brown people, Indian people etc.
    I haven't found any real difference of GOOD people when you look from the inside out.
    I'm blessed for that. The death of my clients that have lived a great life is sobering and educating at the same time. It happens all too often.
    Life is way too short to REALLY get all F ed up about all this nonsense.
    But its always good to "talk it out" and be passionate in your beliefs

Dialogue, Is always best. Honesty and Good people are Paramount.
    I know ICE and I might disagree, but I always listen and value his opinion.
    We learn nothing, by being close minded.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-us-women-s-soccer-world-champs?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.