(Topic ID: 246738)

Congrats US Women's Soccer - WORLD CHAMPS!

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ali pinball (resized).jpg
    NYC parade 2 (resized).jpg
    USNWT (resized).jpg
    fans (resized).jpg
    fans 2 (resized).jpg
    fans 3 (resized).jpg
    USWNT fan (resized).jpg
    NYC parade (resized).jpg
    Megan_Rapinoe (resized).jpg
    6CBCEF1D-066C-4B07-81D2-153BC9B19F5D (resized).jpeg
    tenor.gif
    snake2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8995 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-07-08-15-27-25 (resized).png
    eff73019-2dc6-4fdf-8e5b-00fcec43799b (resized).jpg
    T_SHIRT_FRONT_01416216-93ca-4c64-bee1-d0bd30f85a2f_grande (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago

Maybe the men should play the women and the winner gets paid more? Settle it on the field. Can’t get any more equal than that, right?

#30 4 years ago

I don’t know the economics of sports to say who should be paid what....but if I were a corporate executive, the best way to level the income gap is to lower all the men’s salaries down to women’s salaries.

#32 4 years ago

if society wants all salaries to be equal, it’s impossible to raise them all up, so lower the high ones all down.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

From 2016 to 2018, women’s games generated approximately $50.8 million in revenue, compared with $49.9 million for men’s games.

From an account ting management perspective, that is essentially the same. I need to read that article but does that factor in TV revenue?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Step1: Open a thread to congratulate the USA for winning on a big stage -- a big moment in time...
    Step2: A few people find something to bitch about that has nothing to do with how well the team prepared and played this tournament compared to the competition...
    Step3: Inject your stain onto what should ideally be a fun and celebratory thread...
    The women's team had superior passing and ball control in each and every match... This was a blowout today.
    -mof

I agree with you mof....however, it is the star players that have made the focus into off field issues, so the conversation is going to go into those directions.

I follow soccer closely...love the World Cup men’s and womens. Looking forward to a classic Mexico vs USA men’s Gold Cup championship in the next hour or so. I was tremendously disappointed to pick up today’s Sunday paper when I went to read the game’s preview story.

There was nothing about the Rapinoe hamstring issue..was she going to start? Or would it be Morgan Press? Who are the top stars to watch for the Netherlands? How is their goalie? What were the roads to the title game for each team? Coaches and any title game experience? You know....stuff that affects the actual game to be played.

Instead, here is a snapshot of the only article printed in the Houston Chronicle today. A article on brandy chastain taking off her shirt 20 years ago in winning celebration, and how women athletes are sexualized in the media. Seems pretty counterproductive, doesn’t it?
    D6F45A10-BE46-4E6A-9852-28E4AF30E58A (resized).jpegD6F45A10-BE46-4E6A-9852-28E4AF30E58A (resized).jpeg

#54 4 years ago

The men are better actors, so that should factor into the pay scales.

Anyone else watching the Gold Cup final match right now? It’s in Chicago and the crowd has to be 80% Mexico fans.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

That is because it was not there. The game was at Soldier Field in Chicago.

My bad...I typed in wrong city. Corrected

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blitzburgh99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-us-women-s-soccer-world-champs?tu=blitzburgh99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.