(Topic ID: 246738)

Congrats US Women's Soccer - WORLD CHAMPS!

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ali pinball (resized).jpg
    NYC parade 2 (resized).jpg
    USNWT (resized).jpg
    fans (resized).jpg
    fans 2 (resized).jpg
    fans 3 (resized).jpg
    USWNT fan (resized).jpg
    NYC parade (resized).jpg
    Megan_Rapinoe (resized).jpg
    6CBCEF1D-066C-4B07-81D2-153BC9B19F5D (resized).jpeg
    tenor.gif
    snake2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8995 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-07-08-15-27-25 (resized).png
    eff73019-2dc6-4fdf-8e5b-00fcec43799b (resized).jpg
    T_SHIRT_FRONT_01416216-93ca-4c64-bee1-d0bd30f85a2f_grande (resized).png
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have a curious question I cant seem to get a straight answer,
    The roughly 3 Million people in the country that dont stand for the anthem, or hang a flag, say the pledge, or show any respect under their
    religious freedom rights, are they just as unpatriotic, deemed un-American, and equally subject to wrath?
    I dont really know.......

I don't either Art. I live in a "border town" essentially. This town is patriotic and hugely american. And oh btw, mexican/hispanic too.

Hispanics are one of the largest faith based catholic groups in the world.

The hispanic culture is all about family. People and the media want to focus on the negatives of white, black, brown and whatever.

I see people from the inside out, not the outside in.

What comes out of your mouth matters though.

To use the profanity and display disrespect of so called "leaders" that little girls look up to is pathetic. Can you rise above it? Obviously not.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I don't either Art. I live in a "border town" essentially. This town is patriotic and hugely american. And oh btw, mexican/hispanic too.
    Hispanics are one of the largest faith based catholic groups in the world.
    The hispanic culture is all about family. People and the media want to focus on the negatives of white, black, brown and whatever.
    I see people from the inside out, not the outside in.
    What comes out of your mouth matters though.
    To use the profanity and display disrespect of so called "leaders" that little girls look up to is pathetic. Can you rise above it? Obviously not.

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

Didn’t realize you had such high standards for respectful conduct and abstinence of profanity from your “leaders.”

I’m revoking your “hypocrisy insult” card ice!!

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you mean the immediate Issue of the huge gender pay inequality at FIFA, we’ll you are probably wrong about that too.

Man i hope they get what they deserve. Go for it. Start your own league.

Show some respect, honor and leadership. No need to trash 1/2 the country when you are supposedly playing for it. Be better. No excuses

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Man i hope they get what they deserve. Go for it. Start your own league.
    Show some respect, honor and leadership. No need to trash 1/2 the country when you are supposedly playing for it. Be better. No excuses

It’s amazing what you demand from a soccer team that you don’t demand from others who are much more important in the grand scheme of things.

There’s a guy who is supposedly playing for ALL of us who trashes half the country every day. No problem with that huh?

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.
    Didn’t realize you had such high standards for respectful conduct and abstinence of profanity from your “leaders.”
    I’m revoking your “hypocrisy insult” card ice!!

You just can't get over the Comrade AOC and Comrade Deblasio attacks can you

I'm not making excuses for ANYBODY. I'm for higher wages, low employment and opportunity for all, no matter who is selling it.

You can't condemn bad conduct and then praise it at the same time for who you think you support just because of the hatred.

Something has to change and "govt leaders" aren't going to get you where you think you want to go. Not in the REAL WORLD.

#156 4 years ago

All I can say ICE, is this was a Non issue, over the 18 Athletes that did not attend the White house over 3 Administrations.

While I respect that it might bother some people, I disagree with a Judgement from some, on either side, in an attempt to define
    personal standards for all.

You mentioned immigrants, and only in the sense of faith. There are many who have "hate", there are many who disagree that they are of Faith.

What drives these divisions are controlled media and Propaganda....It can be hard to see this, I know, but as I track this internally as best I can in the military, externally in public servants, and globally with family working with governments, I cant help but say that some Strong feelings about what is right or wrong are highly marginalized feelings.

It doesnt negate them, just that through history we find many social outcries, only in hindsight to ask, "how did this happen?"
    Look at McCarthy...People believed with passion, because of Media.....

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

No need to trash 1/2 the country

now you're delusional as well....1/2 !?!?! Maybe close to 1/2 a couple years ago but that ship has sailed and it's gone baby. Try 1/3 if you are lucky.

YOU be better. lol

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s amazing what you demand from a soccer team that you don’t demand from others who are much more important in the grand scheme of things.
    There’s a guy who is supposedly playing for ALL of us who trashes half the country every day. No problem with that huh?

Well, if you really care about the lowest unemployment rate in history, including amongst ALL minorities, rising wages across the lower and middle class etc....that's has helped raise ALL boats. I don't want to go back to what? And neither do the minorities in my community.

One 1/2 of the country pays for the other 1/2. That's fine, it's the way it should be. Those that need it should get the help.

But when you and others put your faith in politicians that fail us, lie to us and abuse all of us then that's on you.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well, if you really care about the lowest unemployment rate in history, including amongst ALL minorities, rising wages across the lower and middle class etc....that's has helped raise ALL boats. I don't want to go back to what? And neither do the minorities in my community.
    One 1/2 of the country pays for the other 1/2. That's fine, it's the way it should be. Those that need it should get the help.
    But when you and others put your faith in politicians that fail us, lie to us and abuse all of us then that's on you.

Good ole ice - mouthpiece of the minorities!

They are so lucky to have you on their side

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well, if you really care about the lowest unemployment rate in history,

But ICE, this is how numbers get messy....
    The lowest unemployment rate was 1.2% in 1944.

The Lowest percentage for say Blacks is today, but as the total drops, so does the percentage.
    If one looks at the decrease by numbers, its a different stat, If its numbers based on changes in population growth,
    again numbers can be presented differently.

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

now you're delusional as well....1/2 !?!?! Maybe close to 1/2 a couple years ago but that ship has sailed and it's gone baby. Try 1/3 if you are lucky.
    YOU be better. lol

I only point it out because the media is all about it, non stop 24/7. The Russians? That's laughable by comparison. The media has lost control thankfully.
    Convenient narrative though.

I live in the real world and i will continue to help those that need help. Left, right, black, white or brown.

I don't need anybody to tell me what to think or how to go about it.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I live in the real world and i will continue to help those that need help. Left, right, black, white or brown.
    I don't need anybody to tell me what to think or how to go about it.

Not all heroes wear capes!

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good ole ice - mouthpiece of the minorities!
    They are so lucky to have you on their side

Damn right they are. I live it every day. Yet i don't see my spanish speaking employees based on the color of their skin or how they look on the outside.

We are all people in this life together despite the efforts of many to divide us.

At the end of the day, people need to do their part, whatever that means to them.

Come visit me here Levi. Open invitation.

I know you really love me Levi!!!

#164 4 years ago

Ah shit, I was wrong. Looking good ice!

Hey I TRIED to say hi but you couldn’t bother showing up to Tpf...

6CBCEF1D-066C-4B07-81D2-153BC9B19F5D (resized).jpeg6CBCEF1D-066C-4B07-81D2-153BC9B19F5D (resized).jpeg
    #165 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Talking about how states like CA support the entire center of Country right? Yet get same representation. So called blue states are far less dependent on fed govt dollars than the “red” states. Is that the 1/2 we’re talking about?

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ah shit, I was wrong. Looking good ice!
    Hey I TRIED to say hi but you couldn’t bother showing up to Tpf...[quoted image]

LOL. I'm a bit taller than that dude Levi!

Seriously though, I hope we can all maintain the "conversation" respectfully despite our differences on issues.

We all have a lot more in common here on Pinside in this crazy niche community than not.

We discuss, give each shit and then move on.

At the end of the day, everybody has to do what's right for themselves, their family and what they think is right.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

LOL. I'm a bit taller than that dude Levi!
    Seriously though, I hope we can all maintain the "conversation" respectfully despite our differences on issues.
    We all have a lot more in common here on Pinside in this crazy niche community than not.
    We discuss, give each shit and then move on.
    At the end of the day, everybody has to do what's right for themselves, their family and what they think is right.

Man, some of your posts get my blood boiling but then 15 posts later, it's like "I guess you're alright."

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Talking about how states like CA support the entire center of Country right? Yet get same representation. So called blue states are far less dependent on fed govt dollars than the “red” states. Is that the 1/2 we’re talking about?

I'm not even going there because it would take all night to straighten those thoughts out with real world facts BUT i respect your right to believe whatever you want to believe.

What worries me is the HUGE migration of people/companies from high tax states like CA to my state of Texas. Kind of scary that some can't see why.

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not even going there because it would take all night to straighten those thoughts out with real world facts BUT i respect your right to believe whatever you want to believe.
    What worries me is the HUGE migration of people/companies from high tax states like CA to my state of Texas. Kind of scary that some can't see why.

California....first state with poop clean up crews for cleaning poop on streets. Yuck.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Man, some of your posts get my blood boiling but then 15 posts later, it's like "I guess you're alright."

We will always be more alike then we are different.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

All I can say ICE, is this was a Non issue, over the 18 Athletes that did not attend the White house over 3 Administrations.
    While I respect that it might bother some people, I disagree with a Judgement from some, on either side, in an attempt to define
    personal standards for all.
    You mentioned immigrants, and only in the sense of faith. There are many who have "hate", there are many who disagree that they are of Faith.
    What drives these divisions are controlled media and Propaganda....It can be hard to see this, I know, but as I track this internally as best I can in the military, externally in public servants, and globally with family working with governments, I cant help but say that some Strong feelings about what is right or wrong are highly marginalized feelings.
    It doesnt negate them, just that through history we find many social outcries, only in hindsight to ask, "how did this happen?"
    Look at McCarthy...People believed with passion, because of Media.....

Operation mockingbird.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

We will always be more alike then we are different.

Times 100!

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Hey Roffels, we are ALL alright, no matter what.

What i do everyday, i help young people, old people, black people, white people and yes a lot of brown people, Indian people etc.

I haven't found any real difference of GOOD people when you look from the inside out.

I'm blessed for that. The death of my clients that have lived a great life is sobering and educating at the same time. It happens all too often.

Life is way too short to REALLY get all F ed up about all this nonsense.

But its always good to "talk it out" and be passionate in your beliefs

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Operation mockingbird.

Thanks! I didnt know it had a name! Lots to read.

One point I wish to share.

A news story....about something new, and involving US and an Overseas country.

When this happens as it does often, My brother can find himself on 3 different continents, in as many days.
    He will see the media in the airports and hotels.
    Then he will meet with Governments, Banks, Corps, Military.

That ONE new story has so many different "views" and opinions, it boggles his mind!
    After he is done with "official" business, and opinions, they often head out for dinners and drinks.
    The same people now have completely different personal opinions.
    It makes him Nuts!

Finding "truth" he feels is almost impossible, as Media is marginalized.

With all disrespect intended. There is one person, carrying a great deal of Global Opinion shaping.

The Womans Team Controversy, as an Example, had way different stories in AU, Singapore, Germany, and New Zealand,
    on his last Trip.

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Hey Roffels, we are ALL alright, no matter what.
    What i do everyday, i help young people, old people, black people, white people and yes a lot of brown people, Indian people etc.
    I haven't found any real difference of GOOD people when you look from the inside out.
    I'm blessed for that. The death of my clients that have lived a great life is sobering and educating at the same time. It happens all too often.
    Life is way too short to REALLY get all F ed up about all this nonsense.
    But its always good to "talk it out" and be passionate in your beliefs

Dialogue, Is always best. Honesty and Good people are Paramount.
    I know ICE and I might disagree, but I always listen and value his opinion.
    We learn nothing, by being close minded.

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

take all night to straighten those thoughts out with real world facts BUT i respect your right to believe whatever you want to believe.

All night? Nah, a minute:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#red-vs-blue

“Red States” factually, statistically, scientifically, suck up more fed cash than they contribute.

This is an easy one, a layup, which I am sure is why you want to take a pass and laugh it off. It ain’t even close.

I respect your right to believe what you want but we’re talking numbers not beliefs. This isn’t hard, just think it through logically.

#177 4 years ago

Build the wall and put this BIATCH on the other side of it!

Megan_Rapinoe (resized).jpgMegan_Rapinoe (resized).jpg
    #178 4 years ago

Why is it when Americans get upset they try and solve the issue with walls, cages, and prisons?

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Why is it when Americans get upset they try and solve the issue with walls, cages, and prisons?

Don’t forget guns. The bigger and scarier looking the better.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Don’t forget guns. The bigger and scarier looking the better.

OK, hear me out: Take the sport of Polo, but instead of mallets the riders use guns to advance a metal soccer ball down the field...

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

OK, hear me out: Take the sport of Polo, but instead of mallets the riders use guns to advance a metal soccer ball down the field...

Sounds legit! Playing field should be a sheet of ice as well

#182 4 years ago

Whatever your views, this is the era of 'inclusion and diversity' where it's really happening (ref. TV, movies e.g. Marvel, politics, the corporate workspace and boardrooms). Funding and other dramatic changes are afoot for women's football e.g. most premier league clubs have women teams, there are calls for more TV coverage and presenting results for both genders' matches together, a large shift in funding ongoing. What interests me as much as the effects of increased female funding is the impact of reduced male funding. I've seen workplaces which are 70% female because the corporation has overdone diversity. Will this happen in sports?

Will men get turned off football as it feminizes? As men still account for 90% of the funding/market could this cause a financial crisis for football (soccer)?

A related point that I find interesting is how women in football wear the same clothes as the men rather than briefer/'sexier' outfits as in athletics, tennis etc. This removal of sexuality from the equation seems to be helping them. Sepp Blatter famously wanted women to wear brief shorts and be 'sexy'. Whilst this may have increased ratings more quickly, it would have suppressed women being taken seriously as has been happening recently.

Lots to discuss in all of this!

#183 4 years ago
    #184 4 years ago

Enough with the politics.
    Enough with the personal attacks.
    Enough with the inflammatory posts.
    Keep the posts on topic.
    The topic is the US Women’s World Cup victory.

This is a warning to everyone.
    Future moderations will be Perm thread ejections.

Pinside Staff

#185 4 years ago

That was 2 years ago and an informal "match", no? weird

#186 4 years ago

NYC parade 2 (resized).jpgNYC parade 2 (resized).jpgfans 2 (resized).jpgfans 2 (resized).jpgNYC parade (resized).jpgNYC parade (resized).jpgUSNWT (resized).jpgUSNWT (resized).jpgUSWNT fan (resized).jpgUSWNT fan (resized).jpgfans (resized).jpgfans (resized).jpgfans 3 (resized).jpgfans 3 (resized).jpg

#188 4 years ago

Congrats to the USWNT. Wish politics would stay out of sports and entertainment.

Glad to see A. Kreiger get another shot. Played with her brother and for her dad in highschool. Played against her in an adult rec league about 12 years ago.

#189 4 years ago

That parade is up there with the Raptors celebration parade!

Quoted from YZRider926:

Congrats to the USWNT. Wish politics would stay out of sports and entertainment.

ali pinball (resized).jpgali pinball (resized).jpg

#190 4 years ago

Fc Dallas U15 is an mls academy and would not be a joke. They are the best in a densely populated area and most are destined for D1. Some of those guys would be wicked fast and tall. So skill wise, these kids are above the US Women’s team. What would the result be between a top U15 AAU team against the US Women’s Basketball team? I would imagine the same. People can argue about it, but that is the cold reality of why the women’s team does not get the TV viewership worldwide it needs for higher wages. U15-18 Boy academy teams play around country with only their parents watching. There is no market for that skill level.

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Amazing job by the US women's team. Only the second time in history a team won back to back world cups. They beat the record of most goals scored in a tournament. Pure domination. I thank God I was lucky enough to win the geographical lottery and be born an American where the players have the right to express themselves. Hope the women get the equal pay they deserve.

Didn't they lose last time....

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flippingout:

Didn't they lose last time....

Not too up on the news are ya?

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not too up on the news are ya?

Yeah but they haven't ALWAYS won. I think that lost in 2012.

TAKE THAT LADIES!

#194 4 years ago

The US Women won in 1991 (First Women's World Cup ever), 1999, 2015, and 2019.

Germany won in 2003 and 2007, Japan in 2011, and Norway on 1995.

The US women have also won 4 of the 6 Olympic Soccer titles ever held.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Step 1: thread congratulating women's soccer
    Step 2: Hillbillies

Hahahahaha

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

The US Women won in 1991 (First Women's World Cup ever), 1999, 2015, and 2019.
    Germany won in 2003 and 2007, Japan in 2011, and Norway on 1995.
    The US women have also won 4 of the 6 Olympic Soccer titles ever held.

So in other words, they sometimes lose! I KNEW IT!

#197 4 years ago

We should all find a thread about the Toronto Raptors and go piss on their parade.

Quoted from PoppyCock:

Build the wall and put this BIATCH on the other side of it![quoted image]

Fear leads to anger.
    Anger leads to hate.
    Hate leads to war.

Start putting some good karma out there Poppycock and maybe some will come back your way. For you to be this upset about a person who you don't know and a sport you don't follow, seems like a major waste of your valuable time. You're better than that.

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-us-women-s-soccer-world-champs/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.