(Topic ID: 246738)

Congrats US Women's Soccer - WORLD CHAMPS!

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ali pinball (resized).jpg
    NYC parade 2 (resized).jpg
    USNWT (resized).jpg
    fans (resized).jpg
    fans 2 (resized).jpg
    fans 3 (resized).jpg
    USWNT fan (resized).jpg
    NYC parade (resized).jpg
    Megan_Rapinoe (resized).jpg
    6CBCEF1D-066C-4B07-81D2-153BC9B19F5D (resized).jpeg
    tenor.gif
    snake2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8995 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-07-08-15-27-25 (resized).png
    eff73019-2dc6-4fdf-8e5b-00fcec43799b (resized).jpg
    T_SHIRT_FRONT_01416216-93ca-4c64-bee1-d0bd30f85a2f_grande (resized).png
    There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ice ... ice ... ice. I like you man. Who-Dey too. You're both good pindudes.

I like you too Tuna, thats the only reason i didn't downvote your ass!

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like you too Tuna, thats the only reason i didn't downvote your ass!

LOL

Thanks Who-Dey!

Same here.

#53 4 years ago

Trim your goatee, put on your best cargo shorts and t shirt...and you may have a chance.

#54 4 years ago

The men are better actors, so that should factor into the pay scales.

Anyone else watching the Gold Cup final match right now? It’s in Chicago and the crowd has to be 80% Mexico fans.

#55 4 years ago

That's because no one in Denver knew the game was here.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

That's because no one in Denver knew the game was here.

That is because it was not there. The game was at Soldier Field in Chicago.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

That is because it was not there. The game was at Soldier Field in Chicago.

My bad...I typed in wrong city. Corrected

#58 4 years ago

This guy was excited

20190707_225044 (resized).jpg20190707_225044 (resized).jpg
    #59 4 years ago

Step 1: thread congratulating women's soccer

Step 2: Hillbillies

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

This guy was excited[quoted image]

My girlfriend got a chuckle from that guy. That is the problem with the "you must speak English in 'merica" folks. He got away with a doozy on live TV and most people didn't have a clue.

#61 4 years ago

I try not to mix politics and pinball, much less adding soccer to the mix.

Congrats to the Women and the team. Domination. Period.

#64 4 years ago

The accomplishment is great. The sportsmanship and obnoxiousness of some of the players is disappointing. We are better than that.

#65 4 years ago

Lotta wah wah somebody who kicks a ball around for a living made me feel some feely feels.

Who. Cares. Stop watching tv. Go outside. You will be ok.

#66 4 years ago

Amazing job by the US women's team. Only the second time in history a team won back to back world cups. They beat the record of most goals scored in a tournament. Pure domination. I thank God I was lucky enough to win the geographical lottery and be born an American where the players have the right to express themselves. Hope the women get the equal pay they deserve.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Tuna! LOL
    Kneeling during the national anthem is disgusting enough, doing it while wearing the USA uniform is disgraceful.
    Now i respect her right to do it, but i have to disagree with you here, a "true patriot" she is NOT. I don't care what kind of lame F ing excuse these self righteous over paid fantasy land athletes come up with these days.

Well said. !

#68 4 years ago

I saw a video of the post game celebration where one lady is holding the flag and dancing then just drops it to the ground. One girl realizes this and quickly runs over to pick it up.

Two of the women who just allowed this to happen were the captains of the team. Way to represent the country.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I saw a video of the post game celebration where one lady is holding the flag and dancing then just drops it to the ground. One girl realizes this and quickly runs over to pick it up.
    Two of the women who just allowed this to happen were the captains of the team. Way to represent the country.

I saw a video of a bear riding a bicycle!

He was adorable!

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

. Way to represent the country.

Oh come on, knock it off with the act

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Oh come on, knock it off with the act

What act? I’m not just bandwagon hating.

You’re representing your country on the world stage act like you give a fuck beyond the game.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I saw a video of a bear riding a bicycle!
    He was adorable!

I bet it was.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

What act? I’m not just bandwagon hating.
    You’re representing your country on the world stage act like you give a fuck beyond the game.

Yeah if only everybody who represents the US acted like they gave a fuck about what the rest of the world thought of us beyond their silly games we'd all be better off.

But it's not like that, so people like the ladies soccer club gotta speak out. Hats off ladies!

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d love to see a list of things you said were “never gonna change” over the past 30 years or so and see how accurate it was.

hallelujah for this changing. Amazing show, America!

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

LOL, well there are just certain physical limitations that will never change and thus make things like men's basketball, football and soccer pretty much a given to "never change".

I have a funny feeling that things are going to change for "American football" in the next decade or so with all the new research on concussions and CTE.

#75 4 years ago

Yawn...
    If you can’t touch the ball with your hands, it ain’t a sport. Same rule applies to golf & pinball

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

you should throw on a wig and tryout, set them women straight.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I have a funny feeling that things are going to change for "American football" in the next decade or so with all the new research on concussions and CTE.

Number one sport for concussions: soccer!

Time for a class action lawsuit, 60 Minutes segments & a horrible Will Smith movie.

“In 2010, more high school soccer players suffered concussions than basketball, baseball, wrestling, and softball players combined, according to the Center for Injury Research and Policy. ... Studies show that girls are reporting nearly twice as many concussions as boys in the sports that they both play”

#78 4 years ago

How dare they drop the flag! Men would never disrespect the flag like that.

2019_01_15_S_Overalls_MR-3012-Edit_600x600 (resized).jpg2019_01_15_S_Overalls_MR-3012-Edit_600x600 (resized).jpg
    #79 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Definitely for high school, but it's 18+ sports where the money comes in. It's a reckoning for many different pro sports out there.
    https://completeconcussions.com/2018/12/05/concussion-rates-what-sport-most-concussions/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concussions_in_sport#Incidence
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy_in_sports

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

How dare they drop the flag! Men would never disrespect the flag like that.[quoted image]

Right? Lol

0311B1BC-5636-4018-A7CD-E1E357DAC7AC (resized).png0311B1BC-5636-4018-A7CD-E1E357DAC7AC (resized).png
    #81 4 years ago

celebration (resized).jpgcelebration (resized).jpg

#82 4 years ago

Number of kids playing sports up to high school in America: 45 million

Number of American college athletes: 460,000

Number of American professional athletes: 5000

It seems to me, the concern should be aimed at the kids, their concussions & which sport led to the most concussions (soccer), not adults choosing a career choice for fame, wealth and or free tuition.

I think the war on “toxic masculinity” helps feed the stories on football.

For full disclosure...Here’s my (315lb/6’3”) helplessly & toxically masculine son, playing (the real) football.

3F119B2B-DE2C-402F-90BF-CA47489C32C7 (resized).jpeg3F119B2B-DE2C-402F-90BF-CA47489C32C7 (resized).jpeg
    #83 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Number of kids playing sports up to high school in America: 45 million
    Number of American college athletes: 460,000
    Number of American professional athletes: 5000
    It seems to me, the concern should be aimed at the kids, their concussions & which sport led to the most concussions (soccer), not adults choosing a career choice for fame, wealth and or free tuition.
    For full disclosure...Here’s my (315lb/6’3”) helplessly & toxically masculine son, playing (the real) football.[quoted image]

Yes we know all about your son the football star.

Seems to be you should be concerned about protecting his brain, rather than...whatever it is you are trying to say. I really don't get your point, except that typing "toxic masculinity" in quotes is fun for some reason even when completely irrelevant?

If I had a kid playing football beyond high school, I'd want to convince myself it's safe too, despite the tons and tons of evidence showing CTE is real and football is dangerous, even in high school and college. But I guess it just feels better to type "toxic masculinity?" repeatedly than to think about it.

Also...if soccer causes more brain damage, isn't it actually manlier than football and your son is playing a sissy sport? I'm just really confused and having a hard time following your train of thought. But then again I played high school football maybe it's just the CTE settling in.

#84 4 years ago

Judging from all the photos women soccer must really hurt. All the pictures show them screaming at the top of their lungs.

#85 4 years ago
    51094977-CC91-4FA4-B606-E3519E1AB7CE (resized).jpeg51094977-CC91-4FA4-B606-E3519E1AB7CE (resized).jpeg
    #86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Right? Lol[quoted image]

Yeah no real american would ever purchase this bullshit!

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I believe all the links in this thread have shown this to not be true?

Quoted from srmonte:

Yeah no real american...

Good luck finding a real 'merican anymore goddammit

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

[quoted image]

So THIS is what Fox News is lathering up the lunatics with this morning?

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

Yeah no real american would ever purchase this bullshit!

I wear this shirt to renew my CWP every 5 years.

T_SHIRT_FRONT_01416216-93ca-4c64-bee1-d0bd30f85a2f_grande (resized).pngT_SHIRT_FRONT_01416216-93ca-4c64-bee1-d0bd30f85a2f_grande (resized).png
    #90 4 years ago

No just a 30 second clip I happened to notice on a sports broadcast. Just googled searched for the image and easily found it.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

No just a 30 second clip I happened to notice on a sports broadcast. Just googled searched for the image and easily found it.

What is "it?" What did you find that we should be outraged about?

Someone dropping a flag during an insanely chaotic celebration?

This isn't a military funeral dude. It's VICTORY! IT'S AMERICA!!!!!

TASTE THE GLORY!!!

I saw Lynyrd Skynrd last week and the singer's American Flag draped over the mic stand fell and a roadie had to pick it up. Boycott time?!

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

if you think "toxic masculinity" means that "masculinity is toxic", you are very much misinformed and I would perhaps question who fed you that kind of idea.

via https://www.tolerance.org/magazine/what-we-mean-when-we-say-toxic-masculinity

The phrase is derived from studies that focus on violent behavior perpetrated by men, and—this is key—is designed to describe not masculinity itself, but a form of gendered behavior that results when expectations of “what it means to be a man” go wrong. The Good Men Project defines it this way:
    "Toxic masculinity is a narrow and repressive description of manhood, designating manhood as defined by violence, sex, status and aggression. It’s the cultural ideal of manliness, where strength is everything while emotions are a weakness; where sex and brutality are yardsticks by which men are measured, while supposedly “feminine” traits—which can range from emotional vulnerability to simply not being hypersexual—are the means by which your status as “man” can be taken away."

Henry Rollins also writes eloquently on the topic in this book review: https://www.latimes.com/books/la-ca-jc-review-jared-yates-sexton-man-they-wanted-20190620-story.html

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can you repeat that in English please?

don't you have a stones concert you need to attend? better get going, nobody would want you to be late.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah if only everybody who represents the US acted like they gave a fuck about what the rest of the world thought of us beyond their silly games we'd all be better off.
    But it's not like that, so people like the ladies soccer club gotta speak out. Hats off ladies!

And common sense real people have to point out the non stop blatant hypocrisy and stupidity of the vocal loud mouth minority

#95 4 years ago

I bet the women's team sends out "Happy Holidays" cards too...commies.

Also: None of this has anything to do with the women using their 1st amendment right to critique the fucking idiot at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave....nooooooooo, has nothing to do with it at all. The "critics" are just too spineless to come out and say they are following dear leaders orders. Sad state of affairs when we can't just say, Great Job Team USA and leave it. What's next "Lock Them Up!" chants for crying out loud?

Being "Patriotic" is honoring and upholding the Constitution, not blindly following a person or how you hold a flag etc.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I saw a video of the post game celebration where one lady is holding the flag and dancing then just drops it to the ground

Maybe she was setting it down for this dude.
    eff73019-2dc6-4fdf-8e5b-00fcec43799b (resized).jpgeff73019-2dc6-4fdf-8e5b-00fcec43799b (resized).jpg

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

don't you have a stones concert you need to attend? better get going, nobody would want you to be late.

Nice try. I'm actually at a Stones concert right now.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Maybe she was setting it down for this dude.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from iceman44:

And common sense real people have to point out the non stop blatant hypocrisy and stupidity of the vocal loud mouth minority

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So THIS is what Fox News is lathering up the lunatics with this morning?

The only reason you know what soccer is, it’s because there are raging hate spewing people jumping into the conversation in an obnoxious and ignorant way and you want to line right up with that thought process

When the alternative viewpoint is presented you rush to criticize and denounce it

Tough shit. We disagree and will express it.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I bet the women's team sends out "Happy Holidays" cards too...commies.
    Also: None of this has anything to do with the women using their 1st amendment right to critic the fucking idiot at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave....nooooooooo, has nothing to do with it at all. The "critics" are just too spineless to come out and say they are following dear leaders orders. Sad state of affairs when we can't just say, Great Job Team USA and leave it. What's next "Lock Them Up!" chants for crying out loud?
    Being "Patriotic" is honoring and upholding the Constitution, not blindly following a person or how you hold a flag etc.

And here we go

They are the F ing idiots

See how that works?

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-us-women-s-soccer-world-champs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.