(Topic ID: 218367)

Congrats to Raymond Davidson!! 2x IFPA Champ!

By DNO

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D30A3509-30CA-4681-BC96-966A8DDAC7CE (resized).png
    1A3E5E04-108C-44EC-9D8E-7DF5DBC1229F (resized).png
    E668ABC9-30B8-4EEF-8F75-8A81CEA294C5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 3.23.14 PM (resized).png
    Calculator-Screen (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Results were posted on the IFPA homepage yesterday. Were you really going to wade through 5 1/2 hours of video to figure out who won?
    Congrats to Ray. I played him in a Pinburgh round last year and had no idea who he was.

It is common courtesy to not run to the most active message board and put a spoiler in a title for something like this.

I was busy this whole weekend but planned to watch once it was online. It would have been very simple to start a thread and note "Congrats IFPA champ (spoilers inside)" and I have to think there are quite a few people that would have preferred it that way.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Oh yeah... it definately would have been better if there was just NO talk about the event... of which there virtually is none.
    FFS people crying about cheering and making who won public AFTER the fact? You guys are just intolerable...

if you want to help gown competitive pinball as a spectator sport, then berating those that enjoy watching and did not want a spoiler is not helping...

just saying...

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's called reality dude...
    If you don't want to hear results of major events - you don't goto news places. Take some responsibility for yourself and enjoy there is a lot to watch in a sporting event then just knowing the final winner.
    Do you guys equally berate IFPA for putting up the results on their newsfeed... where you didn't have the ability to control if you saw it or not?

like I said... you are not helping by berating people...

Of course I expect to see spoilers on IFPA website.
    I also expect the minimal amount of courtesy on the Pinside forum to specifically NOT list the winners name in the thread title dedicated to the topic.

I avoided tilt forums because I did not want to see it as that is the pinball competition forum. I did not expect to have it ruined by visiting pinside which largely does not discuss competitive pinball. (heck, the OP has not made a thread on Pinside in almost a year... Almost seems like his whole intent was to play spoiler?)

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

I absolutely did NOT intentionally post this to be spoiler

glad to hear

Quoted from fosaisu:

But suggesting that he posted a nice congratulatory note to spite you and the handful of other people that DVR'd the finals is laughable.

actually no, given he is not an active thread poster and his past ball busting, it is actually logical and probable.

Sounds like in this case it was ignorance to the fact that others actually would have liked to watch and not have it spoiled. It really is common courtesy to not post such things in the title of thread in online forums where fans hang out.

As Eric said, would have been super simple to have a better thread title that allowed the reader to select if they wanted to enter or not.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

"ignorant asshole"

atleast we can agree on some things

Granted I really just think it was ignorant (we are all iggnorant of some things till we are told differently). maybe inconsiderate is the better word through?

Hopefully next time there will be a little more thought around such spoilers. I really was planning to watch this week when I had some time, but I am probably better off spending my time elsewhere. Oh well, I heard the coverage was really bad anyway. After the NYC championships I hoped there would be that continueed trend.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

I opened this thread specifically to see if Hilton was going to jump in and throw a fit, and by god! Did this thread deliver!

EABODs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-to-raymond-davidson-2x-ifpa-champ?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.