New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 218367)

Congrats to Raymond Davidson!! 2x IFPA Champ!

By DNO

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Tuna_Delight
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D30A3509-30CA-4681-BC96-966A8DDAC7CE (resized).png
    1A3E5E04-108C-44EC-9D8E-7DF5DBC1229F (resized).png
    E668ABC9-30B8-4EEF-8F75-8A81CEA294C5 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 3.23.14 PM (resized).png
    Calculator-Screen (resized).png

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Ray just swept Daniele Acciari to win his second IFPA world championship in a row!
    What a feat, he is really hot right now.

#2 2 years ago

Spoilers!

#3 2 years ago

I didn't know anyone cared here.
    I just thought he deserved a shout out.
    I guess I should consider people wanting to watch the taped stream, but if you don't want to know what happened in the Big Game, don't watch the news.

#4 2 years ago

Need to change the title of thread?

#5 2 years ago

Congratulations to Raymond. Excellent work winning his second title. Nice guy too.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Need to change the title of thread?

Better?
    Poor Ray, don't even get his name in lights here, lol

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Better?

I dunno...he needs recognized but not sure how to not upset the spoilers. I guess making everyone on pinside happy is impossible! Probably put his name back up.

#8 2 years ago

Link or it didn't happen. And no need to slam Keith in the process...

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I dunno...he needs recognized but not sure how to not upset the spoilers. I guess making everyone on pinside happy is impossible! Probably put his name back up.

Calling this thread a spoiler (not saying you did) is a bit of a reach. Basically like the Superbowl of pinball .

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Link or it didn't happen. And no need to slam Keith in the process...

Not slamming Keith, lol. He wasn't even there.
    Here ya go:
    https://tinyurl.com/ifpa15playoffs

#11 2 years ago

Now if I put up Bowen...

#12 2 years ago

Congrats Trent!

#13 2 years ago

Wish you could have gave him a run for his money, next year in Italy? I only need to pass like 250 people to join ya, just need to win league than pinburgh haha

#14 2 years ago

It's only a dollar.....

#15 2 years ago

Good work RayRay!

As far as spoilers ... jeeezzzus!

What do people do when they read a newspaper or watch TV news? Is that “spoilers” too? Waaaaaa.

For Christ’s sake ... have a big glass of “toughen the f*ck up!”

rd

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Better?

Not better IMO. Ray deserves the props. Tournament Spoilers be damn.

My 0.02.

Marcus

#17 2 years ago

Put his name back in the title of the thread! Congrats!!!!

#18 2 years ago

Those of us who actually watch it on youtube would prefer not to know who won.

#19 2 years ago

Please explain the Elwin reference in title. I don’t get it.

#20 2 years ago

No one cares on here or Tilt Forums it seems.

Ya, don't get the Elwin reference at all either Cserold

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

The title must of said “Raymond wins the champs” and people grizzled about spoilers.

If you’re that worried about spoilers ... watch it live. If you can’t see it live, avoid looking at a pinball website where 99% likely someone will mention who won it.

No different to the NBA finals or a football match. If you’ve recorded it and you’re driving home from work to watch it, you don’t flick on the sports talk radio show ....

It’s not really rocket science.

rd

#22 2 years ago

We should be celebrating pinball "esports". The more chatter about it the better. Celebrate the winners, the competitions, etc.

The winner SHOULD get the thrill of seeing their name bumped to the top of Pinside.

To dampen it by editing thread titles or something else so that someone who didn't watch it live can still peruse a pinball forum and then watch it recorded sometime later, at their convenience, is silly.

Quoted from rotordave:

No different to the NBA finals or a football match.

Exactly.

#23 2 years ago

I like the updates, otherwise I wouldn't even know when the big events were happening.

#24 2 years ago

Congrats Raymond! You are a beast! You have been tearing it up lately, keep it up! I hear you are almost as good as a teenager who isn't old enough to drive yet from Colorado. seriously, it is incredible what Raymond has been doing lately. Wow!

#25 2 years ago

Put it back!
    Ha, any bit of difference is good for a discussion here.
    Go Raymond, see you soon!

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Just making a different name to please the folks that could check
    pinside, but wanted to watch the stream later, like hopefully 5 people!
    Keith has been dominating competitive pinball in all modern history, and he wouldn't be a "spoiler" competitor, considering he didn't choose to attend this tournament.
    It's ok, he hi-5'd me once!!

#27 2 years ago

Just got the link to video for the few of us interested. Didn't see it live yesterday. Is it too much to ask people to write spoiler in the title and then put the info in the body? Still sux already know the outcome.

There are a lot of us who don't watch live and just catch up to the video when it appears on youtube a day or two later.

#28 2 years ago

Here's the link to the video by the way: https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/videos/all

#29 2 years ago

Results were posted on the IFPA homepage yesterday. Were you really going to wade through 5 1/2 hours of video to figure out who won?

Congrats to Ray. I played him in a Pinburgh round last year and had no idea who he was.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Were you really going to wade through 5 1/2 hours of video to figure out who won?

I imagine a lot of people involved in this IFPA event went through a lot of trouble & hard work to produce a fine program that just maybe people would like to watch. You find this somehow unbelievable?

#31 2 years ago

Start when Levi gets on the mic (this is the real spoiler) . Audience wins.

#32 2 years ago

Results were posted on the IFPA homepage yesterday. Were you really going to wade through 5 1/2 hours of video to figure out who won?
    Congrats to Ray. I played him in a Pinburgh round last year and had no idea who he was.

It is common courtesy to not run to the most active message board and put a spoiler in a title for something like this.

I was busy this whole weekend but planned to watch once it was online. It would have been very simple to start a thread and note "Congrats IFPA champ (spoilers inside)" and I have to think there are quite a few people that would have preferred it that way.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from ezeltmann:

Start when Levi gets on the mic (this is the real spoiler) . Audience wins.

Thanks Ed!

I'm certainly the best in the business but it's an admittedly low bar. Still not a bad place to start watching with a couple hours of play left, unless you are a 10-hour guy. Jack was great in the booth as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268884419?t=03h08m05s

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You find this somehow unbelievable?

Yes.

I do find it unbelievable that someone would watch it in order to find out who won. I watched some live, and I know many people watch twitch later. But if I was worried about spoilers of one of the biggest tournaments of the year, I wouldn't go to a pinball forum.

Just like someone said earlier - I wouldn't watch ESPN if I wanted to watch a recorded football game.

It wasn't like a tape delay of the Olympics or I500, where the broadcaster is trying to control the results. Since it was on IFPA, it was fair game.

#35 2 years ago

But if I was worried about spoilers of one of the biggest tournaments of the year, I wouldn't go to a pinball forum.

Not interested in your feelings on this, just that you think their production is only worth it live; That's a shame.

#36 2 years ago

Oh yeah... it definately would have been better if there was just NO talk about the event... of which there virtually is none.

FFS people crying about cheering and making who won public AFTER the fact? You guys are just intolerable...

#37 2 years ago

OP, thanks for the post. Glad for Raymond, glad to see the results posted.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not interested in your feelings on this, just that you think their production is only worth it live; That's a shame.

Dude lighten up. Isn't this all about 'feelings?' Someone else expressed his/her feelings out the lack of the word spoiler.

I didn't express an option of the production value of twitch, people use recorded games a lot and I do too. I just don't use twitch for breaking news, and avoiding a related forum if you are worried about spoilers is just common sense.

We should just all be happy that this is the biggest issue of the day!

#39 2 years ago

Problem: I cannot watch the IFPA World Championship live. I will watch a recording a few days later. I am afraid of it being spoiled for me.

Solution A: Tell everyone on Pinside to edit their threads to accommodate me. Repeat myself every time this happens, after every major tournament, year after year.

Solution B: Take control into my own hands, stay off Pinside, do not visit any Pinball sites or Facebook feeds, watch stream.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

FFS people crying about cheering and making who won public AFTER the fact? You guys are just intolerable...

We all have our downfalls. Take you for example, whom for the 5 years you've been here have been as interesting to talk/listen to as a graphing calculator.

Dude lighten up.

Oh I'm with you I don't care either way. I put Spoilers half as a joke and the half... Well because it was Spoilers right after it happened and maybe some people didn't want to know right away

Quoted from frolic:

Problem: I cannot watch the IFPA World Championship live. I will watch a recording a few days later. I am afraid of it being spoiled for me.
    Solution A: Tell everyone on Pinside to edit their threads to accommodate me.

Its actually 1 thread sportsfan, and he changed to title till the next day which is a pretty simple fix and no ones panties got too out of twist aboot it. See, it wasn't too hard for either side. Other than the people acting like everyone was in a knock down drag out and spoiler fight which never really happened. Edit : "FFS"

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Oh yeah... it definately would have been better if there was just NO talk about the event... of which there virtually is none.

if you want to help gown competitive pinball as a spectator sport, then berating those that enjoy watching and did not want a spoiler is not helping...

just saying...

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We all have our downfalls. Take you for example, whom for the 5 years you've been here have been as interesting to talk to as a graphing calculator.

OK, this is funny.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

FFS people crying about cheering and making who won public AFTER the fact

Were we supposed to complain aboot people posting the winner BEFORE it happened?

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Were we supposed to complain aboot people posting the winner BEFORE it happened?

My best reply to this criticism:

Calculator-Screen (resized).png
    #45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

if you want to help gown competitive pinball as a spectator sport, then berating those that enjoy watching and did not want a spoiler is not helping...
    just saying...

It's called reality dude...

If you don't want to hear results of major events - you don't goto news places. Take some responsibility for yourself and enjoy there is a lot to watch in a sporting event then just knowing the final winner.

Do you guys equally berate IFPA for putting up the results on their newsfeed... where you didn't have the ability to control if you saw it or not?

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 3.23.14 PM (resized).png

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's called reality dude...
    If you don't want to hear results of major events - you don't goto news places. Take some responsibility for yourself and enjoy there is a lot to watch in a sporting event then just knowing the final winner.
    Do you guys equally berate IFPA for putting up the results on their newsfeed... where you didn't have the ability to control if you saw it or not?

like I said... you are not helping by berating people...

Of course I expect to see spoilers on IFPA website.
    I also expect the minimal amount of courtesy on the Pinside forum to specifically NOT list the winners name in the thread title dedicated to the topic.

I avoided tilt forums because I did not want to see it as that is the pinball competition forum. I did not expect to have it ruined by visiting pinside which largely does not discuss competitive pinball. (heck, the OP has not made a thread on Pinside in almost a year... Almost seems like his whole intent was to play spoiler?)

#47 2 years ago

Let's take this is a teachable moment.

if you REALLY don't want to be "spoiled," stay off any pinball-related websites - and most likely Facebook - until you've had a chance to watch the stream.

In conjunction, make it a priority to either watch the event live (it happened on Sunday, the same time period an NFL game would occur), or watch is as soon as is humanly possible so that you can visit pinball forums or Facebook again without running into this issue. You could have watched the final 2 or 3 hours anytime starting about 5pm on Sunday. That's really the only solutions.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I did not expect to have it ruined by visiting pinside which largely does not discuss competitive pinball. (heck, the OP has not made a thread on Pinside in almost a year... Almost seems like his whole intent was to play spoiler?)

We don't live in a spoiler-free world anymore. No, Pinside isn't really a hot spot for IFPA discussion but it goes to follow that visiting a pinball forum probably isn't a great idea if you really want to keep yourself pinball ignorant on anything. Just check the Wisconsin $1 fee thread.

You have literally posted and responded to hundreds of IFPA-related posts here.You KNOW there's plenty of passionate competitive players and fans here so I'm surprised you'd expect this place to be a safe space.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinside isn't really a hot spot for IFPA discussion

The % of Pinside chatter for IFPA compared to everything else is tiny, but I'd bet the VOLUME of related IFPA messages generated on Pinside outnumber everywhere outside of Pinside. The $1 dollar discussions a case in point.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

like I said... you are not helping by berating people...
    Of course I expect to see spoilers on IFPA website.
    I also expect the minimal amount of courtesy on the Pinside forum to specifically NOT list the winners name in the thread title dedicated to the topic.

You mean... exactly like IFPA did in their facebook post (and their website)? Which shows up in people's facebook feeds outside of their direct control... without spoiler tags?

So tell me again how this is different?

#50 2 years ago

All this griping. The title of the thread could have easily been "Congratulations so the IFPA 2018 World Champ!" with no name and the details in the actual post, and then people could decide if they wanted to read it for themselves or not.

Poof. No bitch-fest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Other
    Loop Combo Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.95
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 149.00
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside